What's new

Best Film Ever?

:hitwall:...I think Karan Johar is the only name you know in 'Indian' cinema ? lol

Even while considering Bollywood, there are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better directors than Kjo. Anurag Kashyap for instance.

KS Bro - It is unfair in that you are interfering with me about to have fun. ;)

Indian cinema is defined as all the art houses and regional industries that produce films in India. Bollywood is the largest of these but is not all of Indian cinema, just the largest, most profitable of them. Karan Johar is the leader of Indian cinema.

If you are talking about profit, then I would say it is tough to pick between Karan Johar and Abhinav Kashyap(not to be confused with Anurag Kashyap) - two best directors of Indian cinema. :lol:

Would I say that to my friends and colleagues at office? No. I would not. :rofl:

For me best film changes every few months or so and currently its Gangs of Wasseypur 1& 2 .

gangs_of_wasseypur_review_movie.jpg

220px-Gangs_of_wasseypur_II.jpg

Gangs of Wasseypur (2012) - IMDb

Dr Zhivago
Lawrence of arabia
Amedius
Dirty rotten scoundrels
Those magnificient men in their flying machines
The great race
Mackenna's gold
Trapeze
The king and I
King of siam
The lion of the desert
The name of the Rose
Untouchables
The hunt for red october
The boys from brazil
Moby Dick
Pink panther series
and so many more

Just saw Perfume and Redemption of Shawshank after being recommended by several members here,and I must say both were awesome..
I like these sort of movies, suspense mystery thriller. Can you guys suggest me more such movies..(I have already seen triangle, and shutter island)

Kabhie Khushi Kabhi Gham was crap. You wanna watch good movies? Watch these:

- Shawshank Redemption
- GreenMile
- Shutter Island
- Pearl Harbour
- Saving Private Ryan
- Blood Diamond
- Fight Club
- Inception
- Memento
- Se7en
- Hotel Rwanda

Watch any of these and they will change your perception of life.
Add The Game and The Mullholand Drive as well.

One of my most favorite films, but not my most favorite..

I will post my favorite scene from this film as well.

This is one of the films I love the most.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pulp fiction, Schindler's list, Green mile, LOTR, Lagaan, Sholey ...

Couple of old movies that haven't been surpassed, and probably never will be:

Bicycle Thieves (1948) - IMDb
City Lights (1931) - IMDb

Feeling lucky punk?

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. Gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it...

Just saw Perfume and Redemption of Shawshank after being recommended by several members here,and I must say both were awesome..
I like these sort of movies, suspense mystery thriller. Can you guys suggest me more such movies..(I have already seen triangle, and shutter island)

You might wanna take a look at Road to Perdition. Not exactly a psychological thriller or a suspense story, but the story line is pretty awesome and a good movie.

Avatar and Titianic remains the top most grossing films ever made.........and both by James Cameroon. So technically the best film ever made is Avatar......... fans of shawshank and other movies can eat their hearts out.

Back
Top Bottom