What's new

Best Ever LCA - Tejas Pics Collection !

ab2979ffabb3b5fcac53bd77444905d2.jpg

Courtesy : rpraveen

The proportion of this plane seems funny! The head seems too big and the wing look too small.

Is there any reason for this design?

as you wish sire...whatever you want to call it, call it.

BTW untill and unless there is a war, every fighter is just fun to watch and have in your arsenal...dont you think...????

The proportion of this plane seems funny! The head seems too big and the wing look too small.

To fit in a big-arse radar in it...heard of the EL/M 2052?...google it.

You must be feeling that because may be in your country they mae things for the heck of power showing but we have the options for western avionics so LCA is getting elta 2052 AESA, may be thats why its so visible to you :lol:

Its not meant for fashion shows, The ultimate goal is to produce a Killer machine. LCA is doing fine enough to accomplish that goal. :D

LCA looks good and everything......... But will it get the job done during a crisis?

Sry for asking like that. Im trying to be rational...

What will be its major role? Rather, what is its role? If its going to replace MIG 21's then can anyone plz tell me the role of Mig 21's. Thank you in advance...

LCA looks good and everything......... But will it get the job done during a crisis?

Sry for asking like that. Im trying to be rational...

What will be its major role? Rather, what is its role? If its going to replace MIG 21's then can anyone plz tell me the role of Mig 21's. Thank you in advance...

LCA is gonna be India's backbone. It is gonna replace 100s of Mig21. It is gonna be a cheap, light, efficient fighter to counter the JF-17.
India doesn't have any light fighters in the pipeline right now. Gripen could be the one but only if it wins the MRCA. If not LCA is gonna fill that void.

We will have 126 MRCA planes, 280 Su30 Heavy fighters, 250 Pakfa heavy class again.

There are a few Mig29s, Jaguars, Mirage 2000 but in small number.
LCA is gonna be manufactured in large numbers to have numerical superiority over the enemy. It is gonna engage in only aerial combats, where situation is not too serious.

It is gonna engage in only aerial combats, where situation is not too serious.

This is what I was looking for........... :) So, it would mean that I has no serious work. Rather a helper class.. No offense please... My views.. thats it...

This is what I was looking for........... :) So, it would mean that I has no serious work. Rather a helper class.. No offense please... My views.. thats it...

Ya what to do, with so many world class aircraft in Indian Fleet, its role is limited.:partay:

It is gonna engage in only aerial combats, where situation is not too serious.

Its equipped with some of the most advanced Missiles, It will engage anytime anywhere.

It has a Negative RSS for increased maneuverability.

It also has a fairly small RCS due to its size(smallest fighter aircraft in the world) and extensive use of Carbon composites.

Its not an MKI but it has enough going for to handle its own in any air combat.
excluding 5th gen planes of course

LCA is gonna be manufactured in large numbers to have numerical superiority over the enemy.

If you know anything about the IAF, you will know they wont induct any system that cant compete against the global Market.

Last edited:

The Indian air force could equip its Aeronautical Development Agency Tejas light combat aircraft with an off-the-shelf Israeli-made radar until a local version is manufactured.

Israel Aerospace Industries' subsidiary Elta Systems last year began talks with Indian companies that are involved in an effort to develop an indigenous radar for the Tejas, with the discussions linked to Elta's active electronically scanned array EL/M-2052.

India's defence ministry has appointed Hindustan Aeronautics to co-ordinate the effort, as the company has a wider co-operation agreement in place with IAI.

New Delhi's indigenous multimode radar programme has run into difficulties because of the technologies linked to it.

Elta is completing the development of its EL/M-2052 system with a prototype being test flown using an IAI-owned Boeing 737 testbed. Elta claims that the long-range AESA fire control system is capable of detecting 64 targets, and of simultaneously engaging "several" using radar-guided missiles.

For ground surveillance, the design is capable of generating high-resolution synthetic aperture radar imagery and of detecting moving surface targets, and can also be used to support maritime surveillance tasks, says Elta. :cheers:

b5e3bd87f07061340df1b6f4b0e44256.jpg

Back
Top Bottom