What's new

Beijing narrows gap with Atlanta as world's busiest airport

Only a decade ago, Beijing Capital did not even rate among the world’s top 30 airports, a list that Atlanta has headed since 1998.

that growth is so amazing,now we are about to make hisotry.in 2 month I guess.

Shanghai is already the world biggest and busiest port ,Beijing's going to be the world busiest airport,and Hongkong the No.1 in the world financial hub ranking...wow,what a nation!!

Erm, this isn't exactly a good thing. Atlanta airport is the busiest one in the world for a simple reason----they couldn't build a second one around the area. They have been trying for years, but you know how public projects goes in US.

Granted, Beijing airport is way bigger than Atlanta airport, so it can handle more traffic, but maybe it is time to get additional airport in Beijing.

Beijing Capital International Airport is the world's Best Airport for speedy and efficient baggage delivery
http://www.worldairportawards.com/awards_2012/baggage.htm

Beijing Capital Airport Ranked 5th in 2013 World Airport Awards

The results of the 2013 World Airport Awards, which judges airports worldwide based on customer satisfaction surveys, were announced by British international tourism research organization Skytrax in Geneva on April 10.
Singapore’s Changi Airport was ranked number one on the World Airport Awards, followed by Seoul Incheon International Airport, Amsterdam Schipol Airport, Hong Kong International Airport, and Beijing Capital Airport. It’s worth noting that five Asian airports made the top ten. For the full list, see World Airport Awards | the Passengers Choice

1) Singapore Changi Airport
2) Seoul Incheon International Airport
3) Amsterdam Schipol Airport
4) Hong Kong International Airport
5) Beijing Capital Airport
6) Munich Airport
7) Zurich Airport
8) Vancouver International Airport
9) Tokyo International Airport (Haneda)
10) London Heathrow Airport

Shining India's International airports do not appear in the list. Guess India is busy building military airports across the Chinese border at the request of the US.
pakistan dopes not even have an airport.. Delhi and Mumbai handle half the air traffic to south asia. The passenger movement at Delhi is 35 million more than the passenger movement in pakistan , bangladesh and srilanka combined. it is 15 mil more than it was 3 years ago.

delhi airport terminal 3
26TH_CITY_IGI_1064437f.jpg

Erm, this isn't exactly a good thing. Atlanta airport is the busiest one in the world for a simple reason----they couldn't build a second one around the area. They have been trying for years, but you know how public projects goes in US.

Granted, Beijing airport is way bigger than Atlanta airport, so it can handle more traffic, but maybe it is time to get additional airport in Beijing.

Dear Idiot, there are many airports in Atlanta, Hartsfield-jackson airport is the busiest in the world since it's the main hub of the Delta Airlines. No need to mention that Atlanta is the headquarter of Delta Airlines.

Dear Idiot, there are many airports in Atlanta, Hartsfield-jackson airport is the busiest in the world since it's the main hub of the Delta Airlines. No need to mention that Atlanta is the headquarter of Delta Airlines.

Okay, name an international airport in Atlanta besides Hartsfield-jackson.

Isn't Beijing building another airport to its south with 7 runways?

1370678484466_000.jpg

Last edited:

Did you bother to actually checkout these airports? I guess not. There are a number of small airports in Atlanta area, but they have very limited capacity and certainly isn't capable of diverting meaningful amount of traffic. Hence why they were proposing to build a second international airport, but because red tape and community protests, they haven't able to do that. Next time you may consider to fact check things before insulting others.

Did you bother to actually checkout these airports? I guess not. There are a number of small airports in Atlanta area, but they have very limited capacity and certainly isn't capable of diverting meaningful amount of traffic. Hence why they were proposing to build a second international airport, but because red tape and community protests, they haven't able to do that. Next time you may consider to fact check things before insulting others.

Buddy, I don't have any time for responding typical Chinese bashing and trolling Americans. Got it? I don't have any intention at all to insult or offend you. Not at all. I just provided a link which is self sufficient to answer your question. You can check those airports by yourself if you want. If not, I can't provide any information more comprehensive than that.
Peace ;)

Buddy, I don't have any time for responding typical Chinese bashing and trolling Americans. Got it? I don't have any intention at all to insult or offend you. Not at all. I just provided a link which is self sufficient to answer your question. You can check those airports by yourself if you want. If not, I can't provide any information more comprehensive than that.
Peace ;)

So essentially you found something that resembles evidence, but is in fact BS and tried to pass it off. I live in Atlanta, hence why I know exactly what the airports here are like.

Back
Top Bottom