What's new

Beijing may intervene in Kashmir :Chinese Media warns India

SorryNotSorry

Reaction score
Country
India
Source:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...-lama-visit/story-Z4kvoZACOVhlouQQpAAJOP.html

More anger and threats have come in from the Chinese side over the Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama’s ongoing visit to India’s easternmost state, Arunachal Pradesh.

The Chinese state media on Thursday threatened that Beijing could interfere in “turbulent” Kashmir against India’s invitation to the 82-year-old Tibetan leader, calling New Delhi’s move “clumsy and rude”.

China claims large parts of the Northeaster state as south Tibet and calls the Dharamsala-based Dalai Lama a separatist out to carve an independent Tibet within Chinese mainland.

Doing some muscle-flexing, an editorial in the state-run Global Times wondered if India would withstand a “geopolitical” onslaught from an economically, militarily and diplomatically stronger China.

“With a GDP (gross domestic product) several times higher than that of India, military capabilities that can reach the Indian Ocean and having good relations with India’s peripheral nations, coupled with the fact that India’s turbulent northern state borders China, if China engages in a geopolitical game with India, will Beijing lose to New Delhi?” it said.

China share borders with Pakistan-Occupied-Kashmir (Azad Kashmir) and Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir. The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor that passes through Azad Kashmir has emerged as the latest sore spot between the two Asian giants.

Besides the media, officials and experts continued to attack India as well.

A top official said India was “losing its dignity”.

“This is not the first time that the Dalai Lama has visited south Tibet and called the region Indian territory, which means he is committed to separating the nation,” Zhu Weiqun, head of the ethnic and religious affairs committee of the National Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference, told the Global Times.

“India is losing its dignity as a big power by playing around with such a figure.”

Inviting the Dalai Lama could be India’s way to voice its disappointment with the recent strategic dialogue with China, Zhao Gancheng, director of the Center for Asia-Pacific Studies of the Shanghai Institutes for International Studies, told the nationalistic tabloid.

The two countries held talks in February, exchanging ideas on a number of issues, including India’s application to the nuclear suppliers group that Beijing has continued to block.

Zhu and Zhao’s views were backed by the editorial piece.

“The Dalai’s visit to Arunachal Pradesh this time is seen as New Delhi using the monk as a diplomatic tool to put pressure on China,” it said.

“But this is a clumsy and rude move. The Dalai is a highly politicised symbol in China’s diplomacy. For any country, its attitude toward the Dalai Lama almost affects the entire relationship with China.”

The editorial had a word of advice, too.

“The West has fully recognised the nature of the Dalai as a diplomatic card and is extremely prudent in using it. When the Dalai travels to the capital of a Western country, who will meet him, when and where would be carefully weighed.”

The editorial cautioned New Delhi it was possibly overestimating its leverage in ties with Beijing.

India had benefited from the good momentum in relationship as much as China and if it ruined the ties and turn two countries into rivals, could New Delhi “afford the consequence”?

“China considers India as a friendly neighbour and partner. China has never provoked bilateral disputes or made any pressing demand on India over the Dalai Lama. New Delhi should respond to Beijing’s goodwill with goodwill,” it said.

Beijing had on Wednesday asked India to stop the Dalai Lama’s visit immediately and summoned Indian ambassador VK Gokhale to lodge a protest.

India again said no political colour should be given to the visit but more fireworks are expected from Beijing when the Tibetan leader heads to Tawang, a Buddhist centre in Arunachal.

Original article:
http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1041035.shtml

Good let Dalai Lama go to Kashmir too. Its high time he paid a visit to the Ladakh monasteries.

The Dalai Lama ought to make Tawang his second home outside Dharamsala.

China has already interfered in Kashmir to begin with (CPEC)....so vague warnings past that mean little.

Its just good we got the NSG-waiver before all this happened so we can bunker down and keep going in this direction as we see necessary whenever China acts against Indian interests.

I seriously wish this Tibet thing never happened in the first place (so both countries could be much friendlier, even allies), but we got to make do with the situation we have inherited. Neither side is going to back down over its political position...so it is what it is....tension in the mountains....but peace (+trade, investment across) the mainlands. I can live with that.

And where wil India start,Tibet ,one china policy, SCS .... The article sounds like the post of a chinese poster bringing in money,military when they dont have anything on the topic.

Now this Chinese move should embolden Pakistan and they should prop Masood Azhar and Hafiz Saeed against India at all International Forums.

Meanwhile India should sow seeds of democrary in China to teach them the perils faced by elected governments of big countries.

China is the real enemy of Pakistan.

Chinese threats do not work, you have made enemies around china now face the music.

This is really uncalled for.

I don't understand what does China want.

I would personally welcome our Chinese friends to come to one of HH Dalai Lama's discourses and point out ONE line or ONE word where he says he is plotting against China.

Countries are not even mentioned in his discourses. It is all about Karma, compassion, respect and self-realisation.

Seriously.

Any Chinese Buddhists here?

Please do come and see for yourself. You will be pleasantly surprised. :)

Good let Dalai Lama go to Kashmir too. Its high time he paid a visit to the Ladakh monasteries.

The Dalai Lama ought to make Tawang his second home outside Dharamsala.

China has already interfered in Kashmir to begin with (CPEC)....so vague warnings past that mean little.

Its just good we got the NSG-waiver before all this happened so we can bunker down and keep going in this direction as we see necessary whenever China acts against Indian interests.

I seriously wish this Tibet thing never happened in the first place (so both countries could be much friendlier, even allies), but we got to make do with the situation we have inherited. Neither side is going to back down over its political position...so it is what it is....tension in the mountains....but peace (+trade, investment across) the mainlands. I can live with that.
Yep they already started long before this fresh Tibet controversy by protecting Masood Azhar, and also building CPEC in Kashmir.

India should put its weight behind the US on the SCS issue, and start patrolling with the USN to undermine China. Also arming countries like Vietnam- to counter China, and build ports near it to keep up the pressure. Just respond in kind. Nothing more and nothing less.

I would personally welcome our Chinese friends to come to one of HH Dalai Lama's discourses and point out ONE line or ONE word where he says he is plotting against China.

Countries are not even mentioned in his discourses. It is all about Karma, compassion, respect and self-realisation.

Seriously.

You are mixing politics with religion .

Chinese don't give a $hit about Dalai Lama's discourse. They object to the position of Dalai Lama itself.

Modi's failing foreign policy
Iran is angry over oil imports cut by India,
and Now they irritate big dragon China,

Now what I am seeing China will openly support Kashmir and Mujahideen with weapons.

America offered to mediate in Kashmir.
Iran offered to mediate in Kashmir
Now China wants to mediate in Kashmir.

Modi ki foreign policy ki jai ho! LOL!!!

I strongly wish for Modi's second term believe me I am seeing massive civil war in India which will consume Indian forces so much that Indian union will fell like USSR and I am seeing tiny micro Nations around mighty Pakistan and China.
Stick to the topic

Seriously.

Its not the words. Words are mightier than the sword....true. But whats mightier than the words? Its action.

The very act of the Dalai Lama leaving Tibet to seek refuge outside China is anathema to the Chinese autocratic power structure.

It simply doesn't matter what the Dalai Lama says, any gestures he makes or any ideas he presents regarding Tibet (under Chinese authority).

The Chinese (govt) themselves have made the Dalai Lama such a weapon against them (as perceived by them)...and they seem to indulge in keeping it that way. They seem to be unable to let go and ignore. Who know's why...maybe they are aware of the genuine status he still has among the Tibetan people (wherever they be)?

Whatever....India isn't going to say no to having such at the ready to use for free....when China shows no qualms in emboldening and expanding anti-India activities and agents.

Back
Top Bottom