What's new

Beijing bound Air Malaysia flight loses contact

MISSING MH370: Debris resembling aircraft tail just logs - Latest - New Straits Times

10 March 2014| last updated at 06:23PM
MISSING MH370: Debris resembling aircraft tail just logs

SEPANG: A number of rescue aircraft searching for a missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) plane spotted what looked like the tail of an aircraft in the South China Sea, but ships rushed to the spot found it to be logs tied together to form a pontoon.

MISSING MH370: Oil sample not from airliner - Latest - New Straits Times

10 March 2014| last updated at 06:09PM
MISSING MH370: Oil sample not from airliner

KOTA BARU: The oil slick found a location 20 nautical miles from one of the last known coordinates of MH370 is not from the missing airliner.
This was confirmed by Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency eastern region enforcement chief First Admiral Datuk Nasir Adam today.

He said the result was sent to him from the MMEA headquarters this afternoon.

Nasir said the oil sample was for the use of a tongkang.

Well honesty is the best policy.

I'd rather have no information than wrong or misleading information.

Finally someone understands.
You failed to understand again.

It is not Malaysia alone to decide this matter. Neither you. It is an international issue. All want to know as soon as any info or update is available: the families of the victims, the governments, the world media, Boeing, airliners operating the same type, the control mechanism at airports, Interpol, etc...

If any info is available, all can go and check the validity. any info can be wrong or misleading. do you know it before verifying?

the reason for the crash of AF-447 was found after two years when the recorder was found. Should all the people wait years long after all information is verified? Is all information on this forum correct? is your update real or from a robot?

by the way, trying to stop information from other sources or countries like to stop the internet. good luck!

It is not Malaysia alone to decide this matter.

No you fail to understand.

What I, and others are saying is that the information should be ACCURATE.

At the moment, we have the Vietnamese saying one thing, Malays another and it is creating confusion!

No you fail to understand.

What I, and others are saying is that the information should be ACCURATE.

At the moment, we have the Vietnamese saying one thing, Malays another and it is creating confusion!
ha ha ha...ok, I see we have different opinions. That is ok. You don´t convince me.

you can appeal to German media to stop reporting on the case.

die welt just reports: a 29 year old Malaysian business man living at Kelantan had see at 1.45am an extremely bright light that crashed into the ocean. That observance matched with a report of a passenger on an aircraft at the same time. That passenger had seen a flame falling from the sky.

Vermisst : War das grelle weiße Licht am Himmel die Boeing? - Nachrichten Panorama - Weltgeschehen - DIE WELT

531d99cb94cfc_480_266.jpg

Chinese web news report Vietnamese news said Hong Kong seaplane's UNCONFIRMED sighting of debris found 60km south west of Vung Tau(500km from lost of contact location).

190525cxim44sjszg0xst3.jpg

Coordinate: 9°43'N,107°25'E

Last edited:
I am surprised that technology is changed us to a level where anyone can be tracked by smartphone and yet we can't found the last known location of a plane. :tdown: Considering the disasters in past by now these airline manufacturers should have some foolproof way of tracking a plane to at least the point where something goes wrong.

More China rescure ships & warships arrive today

rdn_531d711086589.jpg

preparing a heli for another search mission...no sign from the missing plane till yet.

133173112_13944091870461n.jpg

I am surprised that technology is changed us to a level where anyone can be tracked by smartphone and yet we can't found the last known location of a plane.

In order to track, you need equipment on board to transmit. Transmitters are susceptible to power loss and are not high-G impact rated.

Furthermore, once the transmitters have sunk, the sea acts as a huge Faraday cage scrambling signals which means only once you're in close proximity, the pings may be picked up.

In the mean time, it's the old fashioned Mark 1 eyeball.

It may have crashed in some mysterious undiscovered island. we can't rule out this possibility

well, to be fair, they do found the oil slick from jet fuel just the second day, still that does not provide any solution to anything. They still need to look at the right quadron to find the planes

Debris field can be hard to locate time to time, especially depends on how much effort put in.

That wasn't jet fuel, it was sea sawdust...

[/quote]That 777 did have ACARS system on board, but if the electricity is cut on lost contact (Most likely event) the ACARS will not send anymore[/quote]

Just checked from other sources, this particular plane probably didn't have ACARS subscribed.

5 Indians on board - India should send some SAR assets too.

Back
Top Bottom