What's new

Beer Run

Not sure if that documentary was old...but they showed a renowned distillery in Pakistan that was founded way back in the days of the Raj. The people who came to purchase required a permit slip and had to be Non Muslim and limited the amt purchased per person.

Of course he remarked that the with any system there were loopholes and nonreligious Pakistani's had ways of obtaining it as well.

It was featured in of Michael Palin's BBC's travel documentary. Never mind...google has it
Palin's Travels: Pakistan, Himalaya

Alright.

It's Friday night. I've just been paid. Barbi's lit and the steaks are marinating and my frig is empty in Lahore.

Where do I get any beer?

I don't have to jump in my car and drive to India, do I? If not, what are my options and how soon before I'm enjoying a cold adult beverage with my steak?:cheers:

Lol...for a sec I thought you were in Lahore! :lol:
Beer may be lil hard to find but Lahorians are known for their passion for hard liquor. Whisky, Bourbon or Congnac, name any brand you'll get it thru underground network.

How fast? Well thats depends on your wallet. ;)

If I remember correctly, Murree brewieries in Pakistan brew famous beers that are exported. Don't know the brands, though.

Brings back memories...

Murre Brewery Company - 1860

Product Include:
Beers
Non alcoholic Beers
Maturated Malt Whiskies
Liquors (Vodka, Brandy,Gin,Rum)
Lemonades(Original, Diet & Apple)
Energy Drinks
ISO 9001 Certified Company
Fax : +92 51 5584420, 5565461, 5563873
Tel : +92 51 5567041-7 (7-Lines)​

"I thought you were in Lahore!"

Sorry. Misleading. Sure as hell would like to be. Some outstanding stories waiting to be written in your neighborhood.

Naw...if I ever make it, you'll have fair warning. Snipers on the rooftops and claymores on the runway.

Taliban will have a mass production line going to sharpen their swords.

No way does S-2 even make it off the tarmac.

If I do though, I'm bringing my flyrods and I ain't goin' fishing in SWAT without some beer so that's that.:cheers:

Sorry. Misleading. Sure as hell would like to be. Some outstanding stories waiting to be written in your neighborhood.

Naw...if I ever make it, you'll have fair warning. Snipers on the rooftops and claymores on the runway.

If I do though, I'm bringing my flyrods and I ain't goin' fishing in SWAT without some beer so that's that.:cheers:

I don't appreciate this statement of yours, you're talking about my country here, and a city in which i grew up, in which my father and grandfather were born.

If I wasn't a moderator, I would tell you precisely what to do with this post of yours.

Sounds like fun :enjoy: who knows may be you can talk the Taliban into making peace over a few cold ones...:cheers:

Hey, I get it and I'm sorry. That's not what I had in mind but certainly there are matters going on now in Lahore that have called to question the safety of visitors.

That's not what I was trying to do nor was I making light of the issue...

No. I was just curious about brewski and sorta eager to visit some of my friends there someday.

No offense meant.:)

Man i have to say Lahore is simply the most awesome city in the world, yes the media might make it out to be some terrorist infected city but in reality its not. Was talking to my brother and a couple of my other friends, according to them life is back to normal. It was only interrupted for a couple of hours :D, simply have to give it to lion hearted Lahoris. As far as getting beer is concerned, you have to know people they deliver it to your house 24/7. In 5 star hotels they serve it to you, especially its very easy for a Westerner to get his hands on alcohal. I was at a party in Lahore in December, i have never seen that much alcohal not even here in the West at a party. Captain Morgan, Heinkis, JD, Black/Blue Labels you name it.

Hey, I get it and I'm sorry. That's not what I had in mind but certainly there are matters going on now in Lahore that have called to question the safety of visitors.

That's not what I was trying to do nor was I making light of the issue...

No. I was just curious about brewski and sorta eager to visit some of my friends there someday.

No offense meant.:)

No probs...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom