What's new

Beer Run

S-2

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Alright.

It's Friday night. I've just been paid. Barbi's lit and the steaks are marinating and my frig is empty in Lahore.

Where do I get any beer?

I don't have to jump in my car and drive to India, do I? If not, what are my options and how soon before I'm enjoying a cold adult beverage with my steak?:cheers:

Alright.

It's Friday night. I've just been paid. Barbi's lit and the steaks are marinating and my frig is empty in Lahore.

Where do I get any beer?

I don't have to jump in my car and drive to India, do I? If not, what are my options and how soon before I'm enjoying a cold adult beverage with my steak?:cheers:

They are places u can buy ! i only of themn in Karachi its no big secret many people in the city know of it! cant help u in lahore boss :cheers:

Alright.

Where do I get any beer?

Are you really in lahore?:woot:

Not in Lahore but it crossed my mind. I know, islamic strictures and all, that many of you are nonetheless NASTY juicers of the first order and I've always wondered what sort of scene really goes down.

Naturally, the "dude" favors white russians but when in Rome, man...:smokin:

In Wisconsin, kids from Illinois would bust up and load their cars because of a three year difference in drinking age. I know you can buy beer and booze in India but the borders are a problem and I'm sure they're checking the trunks of cars now days if you can get through at all.

Stacks of beer and whisky accompanied with a sheepish grin probably just doesn't hack it with those guys...

Just guessin':lol:

Not in Lahore but it crossed my mind. I know, islamic strictures and all, that many of you are nonetheless NASTY juicers of the first order and I've always wondered what sort of scene really goes down.

Naturally, the "dude" favors white russians but when in Rome, man...:smokin:

In Wisconsin, kids from Illinois would bust up and load their cars because of a three year difference in drinking age. I know you can buy beer and booze in India but the borders are a problem and I'm sure they're checking the trunks of cars now days if you can get through at all.

Stacks of beer and whisky accompanied with a sheepish grin probably just doesn't hack it with those guys...

Just guessin':lol:

Go to any international standard hotel.....if you dare......they serve all the booze you want......make sure theres no mr taliban about.
Also if recall ,if your a christian you can by booze from designated shops?

"if your a christian you can by booze from designated shops?"

How about delivery? How the hell does this stuff get in at all? Isn't it officially contraband at the ports and border?

All this beer talk is making me thirsty!!!

I'd love to try some Pakistani Beer. I have huge bottle collection from my college days and that would be rare addition. I know they make it over there because it was featured on of one of Michael Palin documentaries.

My rarest bottle is old Soviet one from the early 80's.

"if your a christian you can by booze from designated shops?"

How about delivery? How the hell does this stuff get in at all? Isn't it officially contraband at the ports and border?

The same way contraband enters the US through ports and borders. Pakistan is a part of the world we live in, and humans reside there, like everywhere else.

The people of the US went through ingenious machinations during the days of the prohibition and Al Capone.

Heroine, crack, cocaine, crystal meth, amphetamines, speed, ecstasy, marijuana are banned in western countries (except for weed in Holland), yet it doesn't stop people shooting up and spliffing on street corners, parks, subways and private homes.

If I remember correctly, Murree brewieries in Pakistan brew famous beers that are exported. Don't know the brands, though.

It sounds huge. First, unlike coke or heroin, liquor is bulky. Not easy but clearly there's a lot that was done during prohibition here so all is possible.

I guess that I imagined those with authorization to sell to foreigners also fueled the black market for indigenous consumption. You make it sound larger by far and more nefarious too.

Are there crime syndicates surrounding Pakistani liquor, do you believe? How large is the illicit trade in dollars and consumption? Any guesses.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom