What's new

beef export funding terror-Maneka Gandhi

clockclock

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
Candidate Narendra Modi had raised questions about the 'pink revolution' in India while on the campaign trail, accusing Congress-led governments of promoting beef slaughter. Now his Minister for Women and Child Welfare, Maneka Gandhi has taken it one step further with her theory of 'pink terror', claiming that illegal animal slaughter is funding terrorism and bomb making.

“Slaughter of milking animals is a trade of Indians. Money through trade of slaughtered animals goes into terrorism and therefore into killing us. Why are we allowing this?” she said, according to the Indian Express, adding, “India is killing more animals than even China. Milking animals are being slaughtered and illegally traded to Bangladesh and the Middle East. It is no longer about religion but money,” she said.

The minister attempted to play down the 'communal angle, saying, "A slaughterer could be a Muslim but the transporter and the owners of the cows are often Hindus and non-Muslims. So it is not about religion but about trade and greed for money," according to a Times of India report.

Gandhi, a long-time animal rights activist, was speaking at the India for Animals conference where she said that the inference had been drawn from a report submitted to the Uttar Pradesh Police four years ago.

She also pointed out that India was illegally exporting beef to Bangladesh and the neighbouring country claimed to be exporting about 160,000 tonnes of beef. "But as a matter of fact they (Bangladesh) do not own a single cow," she said.
The Minister called on NGOs, volunteers and civil society to join the 'save animals movement' and urged them to set up informer systems to sound an alarm to prevent such trade.
While the minister's statement isn't entirely surprising given her strong stance on animal rights' issues, the sudden interest in beef export is bound to spark speculation. The issue has been a crucial one for the BJP, one that Modi had announced he would tackle if he came to power.

"Due to the pink revolution, they (Congress and UPA) have given subsidies to slaughterhouses and put a lot of investment. Due to this, the farmers are selling their cattle. This will have big ramification over the village economy. The pink revolution is going to destroy villages. This revolution of Congress and UPA is designed to finish farmers," Modi had said on the campaign trail.
Gandhi's sudden interest also comes soon after son Varun Gandhi was sidelined in the party. There were multiple theories on his demotion: his mother is already in the cabinet and the party didn't want to be seen extending favours to one family; Maneka's statement on how Varun would make for a great Uttar Pradesh chief minister was poorly received by higher ups; and of course, the widely rumoured distance between Varun and Modi himself.
While Gandhi may have just been at her vitriolic best on her pet subject of animal slaughter, it likely doesn't hurt that her views dovetail neatly with that of the PM.

And though Gandhi was quick to absolve any particular community of blame, it certainly comes close to flirting with the Hindutva agenda -- which was once warmly embraced by her own son. And while the minister may have escaped censure due to her caveat, it won't be entirely surprising if fringe elements use her statements for their own ends in the future.

7898571.jpg
I Love this party ,every single day without fail they amuse me with there clownish statements .

I Love this party ,every single day without fail they amuse me with there clownish statements .
You have your own clownish parties to amuse you, stop worrying about Indian political parties!!

You have your own clownish parties to amuse you, stop worrying about Indian political parties!!

worry ? why would i worry about fools .i just sit back & laugh in amazement .bunch of freaky clowns
bit like you really .

Last time she made a law about not killing stray dogs.. Common people are still suffering because of it..

Now I understand the reason behind your mental state.

Your beliefs and sentiments are of no value to us.

So you dont have any right to criticise right wing groups .They will do what they have to do.
Honestly a true Indian Muslims dont talk like you.So we got the identity of false flagger.

Last time she made a law about not killing stray dogs.. Common people are still suffering because of it..

True right friend .But that lady is an extraordinary .She has more than 500 stray dogs in her property.

True right friend .But that lady is an extraordinary .She has more than 500 stray dogs in her property.

She can have all the stray dogs in her property.. Just because she love animals, why common people have to suffer for it??

She can have all the stray dogs in her property.. Just because she love animals, why common people have to suffer for it??

But I think that law is not much popular in our areas.Our Panchayats is still kill stray dogs if they are become a menace to us.

But I think that law is not much popular in our areas.Our Panchayats is still kill stray dogs if they are become a menace to us.

Many panchayats do not do any thing about it.. I hope you read the news about stray dogs biting the face of 3 year old.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom