What's new

Beautifull and most sacred Chruches in india

I guess you can't cast non rust pillarsBut we did cast such Pillars.Go check and marvel at the engineering ins

wHEN it comes to INDIA we take into account Nature eh but Bronze statues in greece show green TINGES?why? WOW WE GOTTA STUDY THAT FOR RUSTING!
I want you to show ANY NON-RUSTING METAL CAST BY PRESENT/FUTURE METALLURGISTS! SHOW ME!

This right here is literally the only bronze statue from that period. The Greek one is like 200 years older too.

DCDagaH.jpg

Out of all India, this is one of the few. It shows you how primitive and at how low of a point India is compared to little all Greece for example.

I asked YOU a question first.

Elgin_Marbles_east_pediment.jpg

1023.jpg

spartan_helmet_bronze_statue_sh1.jpg

h2_1989.281.49-.50.jpg

DP151181.jpg

Find me contemporaneous works in bronze or marble from India on par with these. If bronze is super easy to work with, why cant you show me??

This right here is literally the only bronze statue from that period. The Greek one is like 200 years older too.

DCDagaH.jpg

Out of all India, this is one of the few. It shows you how primitive and at how low of a point India is compared to little all Greece for example.

I ask YOU a question first.

1023.jpg

h2_1989.281.49-.50.jpg

DP151181.jpg

Find me contemporaneous works in bronze or marble from India on par with these. If bronze is super easy to work with, why cant you show me??
I ASKED YOU TO CAST A RUST PROOF IRON PILLAR WITH PRESENT METALLURGISTS!
As THEY did! CAN YOU DO IT OR NOT?

#3. Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception (1541)
One of the oldest Churches in Goa, this Church is located at the centre of Panaji, the Capital City. The Church towers over the City with a statue of Mother Mary at the front casting a watchful eye over its inhabitants. Originally built to welcome sailors home, the Church is over 450 years old and is beautifully preserved. The Church is used even to this very day with devout Catholics stopping by to pray en route to work.

#4. Church of St. Catejan (1700)
Defying the norms, this Church was built by a few Greek and Italian priests at the turn of the 17th Century. This Church was modeled on St. Peters Basilica in Rome and stands in start contrast to the rest of the Churches built in the Portuguese era. Despite being over 300 years old, the structure is well preserved, presumably due to the lack of tourist attention to this masterpiece.

#5. Church of St Francis of Assisi (1661)
Built at the back of the Se Cathedral, this Church has large shoes to fill. Stepping into this Church takes you back in time and beautiful painted panels depicting the life of St. Francis of Assisi adorn the walls. The seminary adjoining this Church has been converted into a peaceful art museum that houses most of the painting earlier placed at the Panaji Secretariat.

The Runner Up - Lady Rosary Church (1547)
Despite being relatively modest compared to the other Churches, there’s nothing modest about the view from the hill on which this Church was built. The Church could be so much more but currently stands abandoned and left to the elements. However, even for just the view, this Church is worth a visit.
DSC06119-1024x659.jpg

I ASKED YOU TO CAST A RUST PROOF IRON PILLAR WITH PRESENT METALLURGISTS!
As we did! CAN YOU DO IT OR NOT?

Okay, show me one from ancient period then.

I said this from the very start and I ask YOU the question first.

You're totally clueless, Im not talking about medieval. Two different time periods.

In response to Gupta and Kushan works.

You wont find anything. You putting all you letters in caps doesnt help you.

Okay, show me on from ancient period then.

I said this from the very start.

In response to Gupta and Kushan works.
Does it matter,?we casted such NON-RUSTING IRON PILLARS and they are still standing!
Didn't you bring your Electron Microscope for studying it?or it's samples? or was the process was lost?
Cast me a NON RUSTING IRON PILLAR AND THEN TALK HERE, IF NOT SHUT THE F*CK UP!.

TOP 5 MUST VISIT CHURCHES IN INDIA

India has been the land of several beliefs and cultures. Cultures followed now that Dates back a few thousand years like the Vedas. And being on one of the main trade routes it was often visited by different cultures, leaving back a sign that proves their foundation and existence by flourishing till date. Christianity was […]

India has been the land of several beliefs and cultures. Cultures followed now that Dates back a few thousand years like the Vedas. And being on one of the main trade routes it was often visited by different cultures, leaving back a sign that proves their foundation and existence by flourishing till date. Christianity was one such an example of a flourishing belief in India. Being the third largest religion in India there have been several churches built in India, many that date back a hundred or two hundred years.

St. Andrew’s Basilica, Arthunkal (Kerala)

Image by Arthunkal st. Andrews church Wikimedia Commons

It was originally built by the Portuguese missionaries in the 16th century and was rebuilt in 1584 by the then vicar father Jacoma Frenicio, who was fondly called as the fair skinned father. In 1640 the church was rebuilt, this time facing the beautiful Arabian Sea. Seven years later a statue of St. Sebastian, struck with arrows all over his bleeding body sculptured in Milan, was brought and placed in the Arthunkal church.

Bom Jesus (Goa)
Bom-Jesus.jpg

One of the oldest churches in India, the construction of the church began in 1598 and the church was declared sacred on 1605. The church holds the body of St Francis Xavier who is said to have miraculous powers. The church has been declared a heritage site by the UNESCO and is thronged by tourists of all religions alike.

The Bandel Church (West Bengal)

Image by commons.wikimedia.org Wikimedia Commons

One of the oldest churches in West Bengal dating back to 1660 when it was built by the Portuguese in the same place where the older church was burnt down by the moors. The priests of the area began converting the settlers of that area and in 1598 there were at least five thousand catholic’s which included both the Indians and the mixed races. It is one of the most prominent historical churches in West Bengal.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church korlai(Maharashtra)
Est. in 1741 by the Portuguese the village still possesses a unique language spoken by the original converts. The land is shrouded in mystery with less than 3000 people living in the village. The village is totally cut off from the cities and is not much heard of.

Christ church (Shimla)

Image by commons.wikimedia.org Wikimedia Commons

This vintage church was built around 1844 and 1857 designed by Colonel JT Boileau. The church is nestled in the mountains and is a pure sight of bliss for the pious commuters and the excited tourists’ as well. This was where stereotypic photographs started off and the photographs taken during that time are still available. This is one place never to miss.

Top 5 Famous Churches in India

India is a country rich with diversity. It is a mixture of culture and religion of with the major ones includes Hinduism, Muslim and Christianity. Christianity occupies the third largest population in India. Due to the impact of western countries in the past many great churches are built where Jesus Christ and Virgin Mary are worshipped. The Holy Bible is the religious book of the Christians. During commemorative days and in Sundays Christians go to the churches and pray. Churches too are of various kinds depending on the beliefs like Orthodox Church , Protestants Church, Roman Catholic Church, Anglican Church etc. Anyways, I have listed a few of the most famous churches in India.

Basilica in Old Goa

Basilica Bom is one of the famous and oldest churches in India located in Goa. It is 300 years old. Basilica Bom is considered as a UNESCO world heritage site. This church holds the remains of St. Francis Xavier body which is available for public display. Thousands of believers swarm up this church including tourists.

Malayatoor Church

Malyatoor church is the most prominent church of South India located in Kerala. Malyatoor church dates back to 52 AD. It was built by St. Thomas, Apostle and is located at the top of the hill. Malyatoor Church is considered as an international pilgrimage by Vatican. Malyatoor is actually a village in Ernakulam, Kerala. And hence got its name from consolidation between three words like Mala(Mountain), Arr(River) and Oore (place). Malyatoor is the meeting place of mountains, river and lands. People from around the world have to climb the mountain to have a look of this church.

Vallarpadam Church

Vallarpadam church is another famous church dedicated to Mary. Mother Mary is symbolized as Vallarpadathamma here. Vallarpadam was built in 1524 by Portuguese and was destroyed by Dutch people. This church is located in Bloghatty Island in west Ernakulam, Kerala at present. This church has been considered as the most scared church by Pope Leo XII. The Union government has declared this church as a famous pilgrimage center.

Holy Trinity Church, Bangalore

Holy Trinity Church was established in 1851 and is located in M.G road, Bangalore. This church used to be a famous military church in South India. The site of Holy Trinity church has been chosen by Bishop Corrie. This church was constructed in 1852. Trinity church consists of stained glass showing baptism of Lord Jesus. Queen Victoria’s own West Kent Regiment is depicted in the cross.

Velankanni Church

Velankanni church is considered as the most scared church among the Christians worldwide. Velankanni is situated in the Nagapattinam district of Tamil Nadu, located in the Bay of Bengal. It is considered famous for the three miracles i.e. Apparition of Mary curing lame of buttermilk, Jesus to slumbering shepherd boy and survival of Portuguese sailors from sea storms. This prominent church is known as “Lourdes of East”. It is believed that offering candles to this church will improve your illness. The candles, too, can be given different shapes like lungs, hearts etc as per persons ailments.

The ambiance around Hoy Trinity Church, Bangalore looks so European and so different to how it is now.

Velankanni Church

Velankanni church is considered as the most scared church among the Christians worldwide.
Vailankanni Church seems the most visited church from Kerala. every year, thousands attend the festival. well, every friday hundreds of tourist buses leaves to Vailankanni.

Does it matter, we casted such NON-RUSTING IRON PILLARS and they are still standing!
Didn't you bring your Electron Microscope for studying it?or it's samples? or was the process was lost?
Cast me a NON RUSTING IRON PILLAR AND THEN TALK HERE, IF NOT STFU.

You're comparing Indian works that's 1000 years after Greek or Roman works. Great, a 1000 years after that pole, there was muskets too.

You wont find anything that's good as those examples I gave, because India was lacking technically to ancient Greeks and Romans, fact.

Before the Mauryas, India was working with wood! With Mesopotamian and Greek influences they started to work with stone.

You're one idiot. You're probably the same idiots that think Sanskrit is the oldest languages, blah, blah, blah.

You're the idiot that thinks India is the best, and always have been, then please show me works at the same time with the same quality. Why is this difficulty? If India has everything, blah, blah, right?

DCDagaH.jpg

I asked YOU a question first.

1023.jpg

h2_1989.281.49-.50.jpg

DP151181.jpg

22031984055279a775co.jpg

Karla Caves, Karli, Maharashtra
Copyright elba3@flickr

Karla Caves, an example of Indian rock-cut architecture, is a complex of cave shrines built by Buddhist monks around 3rd to 2nd century B.C. It is located in Karli near Lonavala, a hill station, in the western state of Maharashtra between the cities of Mumbai and Pune in India. It is on a major trade route that runs from the Arabian Sea eastward, into the Deccan.

The large Karla caves were excavated by hewing out the rock. Great windows light the interiors. The main cave has a magnificent Chaitya with huge pillars and intricately carved reliefs dating back to the 1st century B.C. There are well carved sculptures of both males and females, as well as animals, including lions and elephants, a testimony to the skill of the artisan builders. Within the complex are a great many other magnificently carved prayer halls or chaityas as well as viharas or dwelling places for the monks. A feature of these caves is their arched entrances and vaulted interiors. Built in the time of the Theravada Buddhists, these caves do not actually show the image of Buddha

25501424575eb6344a23b.jpg

^^^^

2nd-1st Century BC, Post Maurya, Andras

After the Mauryas, India starts to master stone work. At a pretty good pace at that. Before the Mauryas, India was working with mostly wood. Hence why you dont have much surviving before the Mauryas.

India starts to accelerate in many areas after the Mauryas.

240527274207cf38fb41b.jpg

The 'Great Stupa' at Sanchi was originally commissioned by the emperor Ashoka the Great in the third century BCE. Its nucleus was a simple hemispherical brick structure built over the relics of the Buddha. It was crowned by the chatra, a parasol-like structure symbolising high rank, which was intended to honour and shelter the relics.

Today, around fifty monuments remain on the hill of Sanchi, including three stupas and several temples. The monuments have been listed among the UNESCO World Heritage Sites since 1989.

119219294678721c5da3b.jpg

132469793416d623544o.jpg

3696399359f975d4ad1b.jpg

^^^^

2nd-1st Century BC, Post Maurya, Andras

After the Mauryas, India starts to master stone work. At a pretty good pace at that. Before the Mauryas, India was working with mostly wood. Hence why you dont have much surviving before the Mauryas.

India starts to accelerate in many areas after the Mauryas.

Actually, it is more likely that they did not survive the invasions hence the lack of enough stone work from that time period.

2404451175ca39acf0d9b.jpg

attachmentwm.jpg

Sanchi during its heyday.

22644196.jpg

Mahabodhi Temple, Bodh Gaya, Bihar
Copyright TimMakins@indiamike

The Mahabodhi Temple (Literally: "Great Awakening Temple") is a Buddhist temple in Bodh Gaya, the location where Siddhartha Gautama, the Buddha, attained enlightenment. Next to the temple, to its western side, is the holy Bodhi tree. In the Pali Canon, the site is called Bodhimanda, and the monastery there the Bodhimanda Vihara.

In approximately 250 BCE, about 250 years after the Buddha attained Enlightenment, Buddhist Emperor Asoka visited Bodh Gaya with the intention of establishing a monastery and shrine. As part of the temple he built, the diamond throne (called the Vajrasana), attempting to mark the exact spot of the Buddha's enlightenment, was established. Asoka is considered the founder of the Mahabodhi Temple. The present temple dates from the 5th–6th century. It is one of the earliest Buddhist temples built entirely in brick that is still standing in India, from the late Gupta period.

Last edited:
2538031079_2c00bdf6eb_b.jpg

Buddhist Stupa at Kesariya, Bihar
Copyright Matthew-Gold@flickr

The stupa rises in five terraces each of a different shape so that it would look like a giant mandala from above. Each terrace has niches with the life size statues of the Buddha with in it. Originally the stupa was 1400 ft in circumference and 51 ft in height. It was estimated that the dome would have originally been about 70 ft high. It is believed to have been built by king Ashoka (2nd cent. BCE)

Prior to the earthquake of 1934, it was the tallest Buddhist stupa in the world.

kesaria.jpg

1493658185_e5eb2d631c_b.jpg

Actually, it is more likely that they did not survive the invasions hence the lack of enough stone work from that time period.

Sanchi during its heyday.

That's just a BS excuse. Before Mauryas, India just didnt do much with stone. Wood was the prime material, but at the time of the Mauryas, India was transitioning from wood to more stone works. You can see early relief works from bharhut they were carved into stone like it was wood. And there were wooden influenced styles in the stone works. Like the railings around the stupa, is a wooden piece made into stone.

This right here is done later. Not everything from Sanchi is dated to one period.

What you see is mostly done by the Andras. Satavahana dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There was a Maurya stupa with a wooden railing. The Andras built over it and gave it a stone railing.

Sungas, Kushans, etc. worked over Mauryas stupas too.

You dont really know what you're posting. Just because something was there from so and so doesnt mean it wasnt redesigned. For example, they wouldnt show Buddhas image before around 2nd century AD.

Last edited:
2600388397_a4f7c08ed6_b.jpg

Shanti Supta, Dhauli, Orissa
Copyright jaybee50@flickr

Flanking the southern banks of the river Daya, and eight km from Bhubaneswar are the historic plains of Dhauli that were witness to some of the goriest battles fought in Orissa. The Kalinga War in 261 B.C. proved to be a turning point in not just Indian history, but also in the way people lived and believed in regions beyond the borders.

The gruesome sight had a morose and repentant Emperor Ashoka take to the teachings of peace and non-violence preached by Lord Buddha. The edicts at Dhauli are a living testimony to King Ashoka's adoption of the doctrine of Dharma Vijay, or conquest through love, over Dig Vijaya, or conquest by the sword.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom