What's new

Beautiful Shenzhen and Shanghai.

In Singapore if you spit or throw something, you are immediately called by the police. No such thing in China.
:rolleyes: Oops the secret is out

China is proof that you dont need agressive expansions, killing, exploiting natives, slaving to build a great nation.
It helps a lot. China has enough enemies that we can put their manpower to good use.

Students from 70 countries of the world were participating in this annual event, now in its 11th year: The "Chinese Bridge" is a competition for proficiency in Chinese for students of overseas universities who are learning the language in their countries.

@5:00, you can find the welcoming entries of students from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and other Asian countres.

Is the student shown at 6:00 the Bangladeshi one? That's my guess based on the apparel, and the name pronounced in Mandarin (I think the language is Mandarin).

Chinese big cities are very polluted and crowded. Fact.

Not necessarily.

Night time photographs with ample use of image editing software can fool people, but pictorial trip reports with detailed itinerary laid out for all readers can hardly fool anybody.

Guangzhou - Guangzhou: the megacity of Southern China - SkyscraperCity

Shenzhen - Shenzhen 2011. China's superstar boomtown - SkyscraperCity

Just two counterexamples.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the student shown at 6:00 the Bangladeshi one? That's my guess based on the apparel, and the name pronounced in Mandarin (I think the language is Mandarin).

Correct! The program was in Putonghua (spoken Chinese).

Your fellow Bangladeshi appeared on stage @5:56 - the guy with a bushy beard!
5:04 student from Pakistan
6:17 the girl from Sri Lanka

In Asia, here are a lot of Japanese, S. Koreans, Vietnamese, Thais, Malaysians, Mongolians...and in Russia too learning Chinese.

China is good example for us Pakistanis.

Great country, great people, magnificent infrastucture, wish you best of luck in future too.

Keep progressing.:tup:

:pakistan::china:

Come along Great Pakistan and lets grow together! :china::pakistan:

Check out my post # 45, a Pakistani student got through the regional contest and appeared @29:38 in Beijing last week for the advanced rounds of competition. He is studying in Xi'an Jiaotong University which is a top universtity in China.

Correct! The program was in Putonghua (spoken Chinese).

Your fellow Bangladeshi appeared on stage @5:56 - the guy with a bushy beard!
5:04 student from Pakistan
6:17 the girl from Sri Lanka

In Asia, here are a lot of Japanese, S. Koreans, Vietnamese, Thais, Malaysians, Mongolians...and in Russia too learning Chinese.

:undecided:
I guess the good thing is that Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese, Russians, Uzbek, Tajiks, Iranians, and all these other nationalities get to know Chinese culture better, and when that happens, Western propaganda against China is less likely to be successful. If the Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, and all the East Asians can resolve their mutual differences amicably and then form closer ties, there is a high probability that the Western world's interference would be terminated in East Asia, if not other regions of the world.

Is China improving it's management of wildlife? The recent extinctions that occured in China, were pretty depressing. The Baiji and the south China tiger in partiular.

China is 20% forest. Logging has stopped in 17 provinces, which protects wildlife (see citation below).

----------

WWF China - Forest

"Since 1998, China has stopped commercial logging of its natural forest in 17 provinces.
Forests cover about 20% of China's territory...."

Now after the opening party in the first part (post #45), they entered into the real deal.

In this part, 60 contestants were eliminated out of the 100 participants:

Round of elimination of 20 out of 40:

Last edited by a moderator:
China is 20% forest. Logging has stopped in 17 provinces, which protects wildlife (see citation below).

----------

WWF China - Forest

"Since 1998, China has stopped commercial logging of its natural forest in 17 provinces.
Forests cover about 20% of China's territory...."

Excuse us OP and the Mod, allow us to digress a bit more:

Correct Martian2 ! We are protecting wild lives as best as we could throughout the years!

These are some of the examples of how we are doing for Red Crowned Cranes and other rare birds in China:

Sarus_Crane_%28Grus_antigone%29_at_Sultanpur_I_Pic  ture_151.jpg

Sarus Crane

Yancheng Coastal Wetlands Reserve

It has more than 600 kinds of natural vegetation, 379 kinds of birds, 281 kinds of shellfish, 590 kinds of insects, 47 kinds of mammal and another 490 kinds of plants. In 1992, The Nation Rare Birds Nature Reserve was built in Yancheng Wetlands. The most important bird in Yancheng Nature Reserve are red-crowned cranes. Every winter, hundreds of red-crowned cranes fly to Yancheng Nature Reserve to hibernate. There are about 3,000,000 birds fly through Yancheng. Among these birds, more than 500,000 birds overwinter in Yancheng Nature Reserve

Red Crowned Cranes in Zhalong Nature Reserve:

get
get
get
get
800px-Grus_japonensis-Zhalong.jpg

Check this video documentary on the breeding and preservation of the Class I endangered wild birds: Red Crowned Cranes in Zhalong Natural Reserve, Qiqihaer, Helongjiang Province:

[video]http://phtv.ifeng.com/program/ddxm/[/video]

Zhalong Nature Reserve

For visitors who want to view the following documentaries but cant read Chinese. please follow the steps:

12 years of reforestation - a sandy wasteland in Daqing oil field turns into an oasis:

To view the vid, you need to:

1. click this main media page [video]http://phtv.ifeng.com/program/ddxm/[/video]

2. look for the date and the title or the duration 09:39 and then click on the title to view.

2012-09-01 大庆油田治沙12年 贫瘠沙土长成片片绿洲, duration: 09:39

Shandong, Yellow river estuary wetland reserve, transit home to migrating birds:

To view the vid, you need to:

1. click this main media page [video]http://phtv.ifeng.com/program/ddxm/[/video]

2. look for the date and the title or the duration 12:17 and then click on the title to view.

2012-08-25 山东黄河三角洲获生机 成稀有鸟类新家园, duration: 12:17

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/photo1131k.jpg/]
photo1131k.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This photo is taken using a 5 megapixel NokiaC3, from the Dameisha wishing tower. It is a commercial center and this is one of the most beautiful region of Shenzhen. Shenzhen is such a wonderful city, I miss Shenzhen and beautiful China.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom