INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Beat Pakistani actors with shoes, send them back home: Sangeet Som
Uday Rana| TNN | Sep 26, 2016, 06.08 PM IST
54526110.jpg
Som also said that Pakistani nationals could stay if they publically condemn the Pakistani establishment.
MEERUT: Adding fuel to an already volatile situation, in the wake of calls by various groups to boycott Pakistani actorsworking in India, controversialBJP MLA Sangeet Som has called for beating them "with shoes" and sending them back home.

"Even animals are better than Pakistani artistes," he said. Som, however, added a caveat, saying that he did not have a problem with them staying in India if "actors like Fawad Khan criticized Pakistan over the Uri attacks."

"Artists from Pakistan should be beaten with shoes and sent back to Pakistan instead of being given roles in Indian films. Is there any doubt left in anybody's mind that Pakistan was behind these attacks? Do we want to make superstars of people from that country even after 18 of our soldiers were martyred in the Uri attack earlier this month? We should all ask ourselves these tough questions," Som told TOI.

When asked if his statement would incite violence against Pakistani nationals in India, he said, "How else would you have us treat them? Should we send them flowers as a thank you gesture? The time for coddling Pakistan is over. Even animals are better than them. When someone feeds an animal, he can count on an animal's loyalty. These actors got small-time roles in Pakistani daily soaps back home but here, they get to work in big-budget feature films. They are superstars in India and yet, they owe their loyalty to the neighboring country. That is not right."

Som, however, added that Pakistani nationals could stay if they publically condemn the Pakistani establishment. "So far, we have not heard a word of condemnation from them. What was stopping them from at least expressing grief over the terrorist attack? If actors like Fawad Khan publically criticize the terrorist attack and the Pakistani government's role, I have no problem with them staying in India."

The firebrand MLA also had words for filmmaker Karan Johar, who had recently said attacking Pakistani artists was "not the solution". "I would like to tell Karan Johar that he is an Indian first and a filmmaker later. I know he makes big money from his films but he should think of the families of the soldiers who died in Kashmir. Besides, is Fawad Khan the only person he can hire? Does India not have great actors like Shahrukh Khan and Akshay Kumar? India must come first," Som said.

Lashing out at the Congress for criticizing Prime Minister Narendra Modi's stance on Pakistan, he said, "There is no comparison between Manmohan Singh and Narendra Modi. We all know that Modi Ji is a stronger leader. He is weighing all options and know that he will take the right call."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ack-home-sangeet-som/articleshow/54526113.cms

Pathetic statement by politicians just to score political points. All this will end within 2 years.
It will end a lot sooner, they will loose UP , and with it any chance of coming back to power in 2019 .
I wish they had just stuck to the development agenda . But no!!! they need to make silly statements for public consumption , not realising most Indians do not buy it .

One mla out of 4000 odd all over india giving an opinion and everybody makung predictions basef on that.

It will end a lot sooner, they will loose UP , and with it any chance of coming back to power in 2019 .
I wish they had just stuck to the development agenda . But no!!! they need to make silly statements for public consumption , not realising most Indians do not buy it .
What does UP elections has to do with all this ? This MLA & MPs are just scoring political points, it will have no effect on UP elections. Also elections in UP is mostly affected by caste & communal politics, there is nothing new there. The political parties are divided there, so you can't predict result. I think it will be hung assembly, plus the remote control of Mulayam is in hands of Modi he might as well use it whenever he find it suitable.

What does UP elections has to do with all this ? This MLA & MPs are just scoring political points, it will have no effect on UP elections. Also elections in UP is mostly affected by caste & communal politics, there is nothing new there. The political parties are divided there, so you can't predict result. I think it will be hung assembly, plus the remote control of Mulayam is in hands of Modi he might as well use it whenever he find it suitable.
Two decades in politics , i can predict a bit.
Nothing is random when it comes to politics. wait and see.

Two decades in politics , i can predict a bit.
Nothing is random when it comes to politics. wait and see.
:dirol: You should compete with Prashant Kishore, :sarcastic:.

I can predict the elections in state where majority of the population is illiterate, because in those states you can change the opinion of people just by one or two tricks. I predict UP elections to give a hung assembly and BJP will go with Prez rule rather than forming alliance with any other party, I'll consider this result as win for BJP.

But you cannot rule out possibility of SP coming back, there is a hint of chance for them.

Whats your prediction ?

:dirol: You should compete with Prashant Kishore, :sarcastic:.

I can predict the elections in state where majority of the population is illiterate, because in those states you can change the opinion of people just by one or two tricks. I predict UP elections to give a hung assembly and BJP will go with Prez rule rather than forming alliance with any other party, I'll consider this result as win for BJP.

But you cannot rule out possibility of SP coming back, there is a hint of chance for them.

Whats your prediction ?
BSP is going to sweep , the bjp will get less than 70 and the congress will get 50 or so seats.

BSP is going to sweep , the bjp will get less than 70 and the congress will get 50 or so seats.
If BSP wins I'll transfer 101/- in your account, as Chanda !!! :lol::lol:

I know people in UP are moron:lol:, but BSP winning this time means that UP has "Inter-Galactic" level of moron society. That women just wasted thousands of crores in building her statues and Elephant statues and she was even involved in 1000+ crore NRHM scam.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom