Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
BB's birth anniversary today

6-21-2010_67069_l.gif

Updated at: 0701 PST, Monday, June 21, 2010
BB ISLAMABAD: Pakistan People's Party (PPP) is celebrating the 57th birth anniversary of the party slain chairperson, Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto, on Monday (today).

The party has planned to organise different functions, seminars and events shedding lights on the life and achievements of its late chairperson, who was the first ever woman Prime Minister of the Muslim World.

The party would also hold Quran Khani and arranges Langars in different cities of the country. Meanwhile, Speaker National Assembly Dr Fehmida Mirza in statement said that Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto was a visionary and a stateswoman fought for the downtrodden and oppressed society and longed for a forward-looking Pakistan, where women were not subjected to humiliation, torture and treated with respect as equal partners to progress and prosperity.

Dr Fehmida Mirza said that Mohtarma had the courage to challenge worst dictatorship of the times when compared with other contemporary politicians.

The speaker said that today as the nation finds itself encircled by challenges, threats and pressures, never witnessed ever before, and while we all put in our respective efforts to steer the country out of the present quagmire, we need Mohtarma Benazir now more than ever before.

==================

Inna Lilla hai wa inna ellaihi raji'oon

I still can't believe, BB is dead :cry:

BB was a good leader but she is dead. I think it is time to move beyond Bhutoo's. They unfortunately do not have any further role in Pakistan's politics. PPP is just trying to keep them alive so that they can have the sympathy vote.

BB was a good leader but she is dead. I think it is time to move beyond Bhutoo's. They unfortunately do not have any further role in Pakistan's politics. PPP is just trying to keep them alive so that they can have the sympathy vote.

I am not a PPP supporter but i sincerely think Fatima Bhutto has a big role to play in our politics in the coming decades :thinktank:

WAQT-I FURSAT HAI KAHAAN KAAM ABHI BAQI HAI
NOOR-I TAUHID KA ATMAAM ABHI BAQI HAI

After BB, Zardari is continuing the good work but radicals and anti Sindhi people are against him.

Pakistan Khappay.

After BB, Zardari is continuing the good work but radicals and anti Sindhi people are against him.

Pakistan Khappay.

He is such a leader to whom not even 10% of the public like. When elections were approaching nobody ever thought that Zardari will take over the presidency. Most of the common peoples including hardcore PPP supporters thought Amin Fahin is going to become the top leader from PPP along with BB's son Bilawal.

Zardari may do million good things for Pakistan but his questions on his reputation will ever rising. He is considered to be one of the most corrupt leaders of our history and i am sure PPP is not going to win elections thanks to the leadership of Mr Asif Ali Zardari.

(with all due respect to PPP supporters, thats just my general opinion)

we will just keep on worshiping the dead .....

no offense to ppp or BB supporters...after all we are suffering because of you :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

4.jpg

6.jpg

PPP tryin her best to turn BB into a saint , what they don't realise is Media is free and people ain't fools ... BB still has corruption charges /inquiries pending and I am not willing to call such a person martyr .

Be it BB or anyone else politicians have done nothing for my Beloved Pakistan. Let them celeberate BB's birth anniversary whose interests are at stake. The occasion will surely help them. PAKISTAN KHAPEY

The poem is from 1986, but this is a recitation from 1992 at the launch ceremony of the book.

Jalib on BB's arrival in 1986:-

Dartay hain bandooqon walay ek nehatti larki say
Phailay hain himmat kay ujalay ek nehatti larki say
Daray hooway hain maray hooway hain larzeeda larzeeda hain
Mulla, tajir, general jiyalay, ek nehatti larki say
"Aazadi ki baat naa kar, logon say na mil", yeh kehtay hain
Bayhiss, zalim, dil kay kaalay, ek nehatti larki say

(Habib Jalib)

The fact is that while she left down the people as she promised a lot and did not deliver, while there was serious, serious propaganda by the military and right wing against her all her life, she managed to stay afloat. The most amazing thing is that in a highly patriarchal society she managed to hold ground amongst her peers. If you're naive you might consider that her power came just from being ZAB's daughter, but amongst the PPP leaders it is difficult to imagine as to how a young woman would get her voice heard and that many people are witness to the fact that during PPP CEC meetings, other people would dare not question her. For me, it is that aura and persona that was charming.

Most Musharrafiite kids, and by Musharrafiite I do not mean his supporters, but people born between '85 an '90, who grew up and spent the ideological part of their teenage in his years seem to have no sense of history earlier than '90. For them history starts at 1988 when Zia died. For them (and that includes me), it is difficult to comprehend how millions of people came out to welcome her in '86 and these were the very people who did not come out in the streets when ZAB was hanged, and how she led a national movement when people had utterly lost the sense of public protest thanks to violent repercussions that would follow in the hey days o Zia.

She managed to gather millions in '88 but spent her first term utterly fighting to gain ground that the military had captured. It was pure ruling by proxy from the military as Beg-Gul crowd managed to get GIK on their side and kick her out. The second term would become associated with utter corruption and nepotism, thanks to the image that AAZ had cultivated.

She's an iconic figure to any person who tries to rationally view her as a person, not through the lenses tinted with doubt, suspicion and right wing innuendos.

Even if she had been alive and running in my constituency, I would not vote for her but this does not mean that I never respected her as a leader. The Musharrafiite crowd sadly cannot comprehend this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom