What's new

BBC: India 'provoked Kashmir clash after woman crossed LoC'.

Mauryans beat what was left of Alexander's armies after they spent years fighting amongst themselves.

No mate the armies fought by Chandra gupta (selucus army) can be rated as the equals Alexanders armies by historians.

No mate the armies fought by Chandra gupta (selucus army) can be rated as the equals Alexanders armies by historians.

Link to them being equal to Alexander's forces. His army was split after his death and was weakened it was his leadership which was why they won as many battles as they did.

Link to them being equal to Alexander's forces. His army was split after his death and was weakened it was his leadership which was why they won as many battles as they did.

I agree with you on "Alexander's leadership, But still the ancient greek armies are rated as the best.

I agree with you on "Alexander's leadership, But still the ancient greek armies are rated as the best.

Yeah they were rated the best under Alexander, after he died his empire broke apart quickly within a couple of years. So saying Chandragupta beat Alexander's army is inaccurate.

Mauryans beat what was left of Alexander's armies after they spent years fighting amongst themselves.

Mauryans army consists of people from present day Pakistan, BD and Afghanistan. Belitting them, would be like belitting their past history.

Yeah they were rated the best under Alexander, after he died his empire broke apart quickly within a couple of years. So saying Chandragupta beat Alexander's army is inaccurate.

Mate after the death of alexander two leaders were elected in the greek army and one of them is selucus. Still ancient greek armies are considered the best.

below is the link

http://www.livius.org/di-dn/diadochi/war10.html

Mauryans army consists of people from present day Pakistan, BD and Afghanistan. Belitting them, would be like belitting their past history.

No mate I am not belittling Mauryans. I am just saying they did not beat Alexander's army just what was left of it. If Alexander had been alive it would have been a nice fight though not as easy as the Mauryans beat Selecus and it would have been a toss up as to who would win.

No mate I am not belittling Mauryans. I am just saying they did not beat Alexander's army just what was left of it. If Alexander had been alive it would have been a nice fight though not as easy as the Mauryans beat Selecus and it would have been a toss up as to who would win.

Agreed. Alexander was after all a great General. And the world had missed a sort of "Clash of Titans"

its a sort of an own goal whenever its scored. what pride is there when we tease each other that we were invaded time and again from the hordes of Central Asia and then the West? please ignore such posts as they are made with a very minute understanding of our part of the world. at some point our fore fathers accepted the "polite request" of Muhammad Bin Qasim and accepted Islam when he came to plant Palm trees along the Indus highway and some were still killed even after accepting Islam because they accepted the "wrong" sect.

as much as we hate each other and deny that we have more blood and milk in common than we have with Arabs or central Asians.
that aside issue at hand is that we keep the sanity and I must give the credit where its due
bravo to my Indian and Pakistani friends that have kept the cool despite the difference of opinion.

there is no way of sugar coating the Kashmir conflict that turns bloody from time to time but lets show the world that it cant continue to dismiss us as the mindless primitives of African warlords who have claimed the lives of millions have nothing to eat but have enough ammunition to destroy each other ten times.

Can't agree with you more sir. With all due respect , no part of my post was meant to be hurtful or offensive. It's just that his post made me get a bit riled up as there was no ounce of truth in it. My apologies for losing my cool there.

its a sort of an own goal whenever its scored. what pride is there when we tease each other that we were invaded time and again from the hordes of Central Asia and then the West? please ignore such posts as they are made with a very minute understanding of our part of the world. at some point our fore fathers accepted the "polite request" of Muhammad Bin Qasim and accepted Islam when he came to plant Palm trees along the Indus highway and some were still killed even after accepting Islam because they accepted the "wrong" sect.

as much as we hate each other and deny that we have more blood and milk in common than we have with Arabs or central Asians.
that aside issue at hand is that we keep the sanity and I must give the credit where its due
bravo to my Indian and Pakistani friends that have kept the cool despite the difference of opinion.

there is no way of sugar coating the Kashmir conflict that turns bloody from time to time but lets show the world that it cant continue to dismiss us as the mindless primitives of African warlords who have claimed the lives of millions have nothing to eat but have enough ammunition to destroy each other ten times.

Ill Quote this just so that people can read this again...

Tit for tat response by Pakistan.

We are not afraid of Indian bullying

So far there has been no proof that pakistan retaliated. It seems like indians are being aggressive and pakistanis are just sucking it up because they cant afford to start a war with india in current situation.

I would say, dont buy this propaganda from pak army. They are bunch of liars who lied about 1971 and kargil war.

Is it really true some stupid politicians and army men in India are advising Kashmiris to build bunkers for a possible nuclear showdown? How mad can they be???

Is it really true some stupid politicians and army men in India are advising Kashmiris to build bunkers for a possible nuclear showdown? How mad can they be???

They Are Mad allright

Back
Top Bottom