What's new

Battle-Winning Role of the Gunners in Kargil War

That is sad ... Let his soul rest in peace ... He served the country and died as a martyr .

Hmmm...But that has been a Tradition of my whole khandan...Whenever Nation has asked for a sacrifice we have been there..My Family members have fought in all the wars India has fought.

Anyways back to the topic...Hope we speed up the procurement process of Artillery units for IA & allow the Private players to showcase their stuff as well.

Hmmm...But that has been a Tradition of my whole khandan...Whenever Nation has asked for a sacrifice we have been there..My Family members have fought in all the wars India has fought.

Anyways back to the topic...Hope we speed up the procurement process of Artillery units for IA & allow the Private players to showcase their stuff as well.

you are from a family of valor s :agree:8-):tup: .when will you be a part of Armed forces?? :guns::guns:

I wish he was..He was deployed in North East. He was a Major, his patrol party was ambushed & all occupants martyred.:(
Can't really give Thanks to this post. I salute all Brave men of Armed Forces!

Was it an ambush by militants? Can you give some details like when it happened? may be a news link.

Can't really give Thanks to this post. I salute all Brave men of Armed Forces!

Was it an ambush by militants? Can you give some details like when it happened? may be a news link.

Yes it was an ambush by the militants...happened on 23 November 2009 in Assam. A news article may be difficult to find but there was a news about this incident in Hindustan Times.

Yes it was an ambush by the militants...happened on 23 November 2009 in Assam. A news article may be difficult to find but there was a news about this incident in Hindustan Times.

Six individuals were killed by the ULFA in bombings in the town of Nalbari on November 22, 2009.

44. India/Assam (1967-present)

FU%^&#G ULFA

Six individuals were killed by the ULFA in bombings in the town of Nalbari on November 22, 2009.

44. India/Assam (1967-present)

Thanks for the link mate.
"Six individuals were killed by the ULFA in bombings in the town of Nalbari on November 22, 2009." from the article. Two/Three of the martyred were Army Docs, one Major (my cousin), rest were Jawans.

Clicked at Kargil War Memorial:

1012009_227768670707132_298763427_n.jpg

There was an even funnier picture that I can't find anymore. It was of a bomb (possibly an LGB) being loaded onto a mirage, with a message scrawled on it by the airmen to the infiltrators: "Zor ka jhatka, Dhire se lage!".

(That used to be the advertising slogan for Mirinda at that time, like "Yeh dil mange more" was Pespi's slogan, and used by PVC Capt Vikram Batra as a war cry during his heroics, and later used widely by several infantry units attacking the peaks.)

Does anybody have that picture?

There was an even funnier picture that I can't find anymore. It was of a bomb (possibly an LGB) being loaded onto a mirage, with a message scrawled on it by the airmen to the infiltrators: "Zor ka jhatka, Dhire se lage!".

(That used to be the advertising slogan for Mirinda at that time, like "Yeh dil mange more" was Pespi's slogan, and used by PVC Capt Vikram Batra as a war cry during his heroics, and later used widely by several infantry units attacking the peaks.)

I had clicked many pics at kargil War Memorial. However, I didn't find any such picture there. :what:

Thanks for the link mate.
"Six individuals were killed by the ULFA in bombings in the town of Nalbari on November 22, 2009." from the article. Two/Three of the martyred were Army Docs, one Major (my cousin), rest were Jawans.

Like someone above commented,I can't give thanks for this post.Because I know only too well how does it feel like to loose someone we hold dear to us at the hands of those barbarian bastards.I for one can not glorify or even fathom someone's death by calling him a martyr.To me,every soldier's death is sad.
RIP to your cousin.

Back
Top Bottom