What's new

Battle Report #10 - Rossbach & Leuthen 1757

Continue what?The battle report is complete?:what:
Or didn't u see leuthen?
Anyway sry for the delays but this one was very big.:(
Thanks for the feedback,which is always appreciated and motivates to keep going.

Eh?
Continue with your battle reports.Next and next---

wow!! nice report :)

nvr knew battle formation analysis can be so much complex....u must be a champ at 'total war'

Thanks!Glad you enjoyed this one.While i am a great fan of totalw ar games,my micro is a still slow.I do alright but not 'champ'.:D

Continue with your battle reports.Next and next---

Yeah.Thanks.Lol,I made a overoptimistic off the top of my head 100 battles to -do list.:partay:Will probably take years and don't know if i'll be motivated or good enough to finish a tenth of that.
Still these are usually fun to write,but take a lot of time as a downside.

Very detailed analysis and report, @AUSTERLITZ , very well done!

Yes,as its getting closer to modern warfare its getting more complex and larger.infact i'm having loading the whole page at once here.Something that doesn't bode well for the napoleon's 1796 italian campaign and blitzkreig 1940 that i intend to do,but is likely to be much bigger than even this.I think i will do them in installments,slowly updating them over a week.
Thanks to u too mate,knowing a few dedicated readers like them is enough to keep going.:-)

Last edited:
Anyway to readers,if ur having trouble loading an image click on it i guess to see it.Especially the battle diagrams are crucial to understanding what's happening.

Anyway to readers,if ur having trouble loading an image click on it i guess to see it.Especially the battle diagrams are crucial to understanding what's happening.
@AUSTERLITZ
Have you heard about the Battle of Molodi (1572)? This battle is very important in the European and even world history, but it is almost unknown in the West. Although this battle marked the end of Ottoman Empire's expansion to the north and north-east.

@AUSTERLITZ
Have you heard about the Battle of Molodi (1572)? This battle is very important in the European and even world history, but it is almost unknown in the West. Although this battle marked the end of Ottoman Empire's expansion to the north and north-east.

You know actually i didn't!Thanks very much.I'm reading up on it now ,however descriptions i'm finding are vague and without maps.:(
I know some of the russian readers like u and victor are waiting for some reports including great russian battles .I intend to do most of the major russian battles of ww2[the main front]-but do it chronologically for better help of readers.So go i start with blitzkrieg 1940 france[which doesn't involve russia],then barbarossa 1941 with battle of moscow.Then sevastopol 1942,2nd battle of kharkov,fall blau and stalingrad,3rd battle of kharkov,operation mars/rzhev salient,kursk,operation bagration 1944.
And khalkin gol vs japan.
Apart from these several of napoleon's battles will have russia in it.And at least one more frederick battle.
Battle of kulikovo[vs golden horde] or battle of ice[nevsky vs teutonic knights].And at least 1 suvorov battle[trebbia or rymnik river].
And of course poltava vs charles of sweden.
I know sounds incredibly ambitious atm,but one of the pluses of being a history student,u have lots of free time.:-)[Assuming ofcourse Rome 2,Company of heroes 2,diablo 3 and europa universalis 4 doesn't eat it all up]

Last edited:
You know actually i didn't!Thanks very much.I'm reading up on it now ,however descriptions i'm finding are vague and without maps.:(
I know some of the russian readers like u and victor are waiting for some reports including great russian battles .I intend to do most of the major russian battles of ww2[the main front]-but do it chronologically for better help of readers.So go i start with blitzkrieg 1940 france[which doesn't involve russia],then barbarossa 1941 with battle of moscow.Then sevastopol 1942,2nd battle of kharkov,fall blau and stalingrad,3rd battle of kharkov,operation mars/rzhev salient,kursk,operation bagration 1944.
Apart from these several of napoleon's battles will have russia in it.And at least one more frederick battle.
Battle of kulikovo[vs golden horde] or battle of ice[nevsky vs teutonic knights].And at least 1 suvorov battle[trebbia or rymnik river].
I know sounds incredibly ambitious atm,but one of the pluses of being a history student,u have lots of free time.:-)[Assuming ofcourse Rome 2,Company of heroes 2,diablo 3 and europa universalis 4 doesn't eat it all up]
By the way, sale of Battle Of Heroes 2 were banned in Russia. I myself participated in the petition. The Red Army was depicted quite vile, just disgusting - like Goebbels grandson participated in the development of the game.

On my opinion it may be difficult to describe WWII battles due to the following reasons: 1. they were operations which lasted many days. For example Kursk battle lasted about 1 month; 2. high level of propaganda from all sides: Germany, USSR/Russia, USA/Britain. Speaking about WWII operations I like to suggest quite famous operations with evident tactics and definite results. Namely German offensive operation Citadel (a part of Kursk battle). And Luftwaffe operations against Baltic Navy in Leningrad (named Eisstoss and Götz von Berlichingen). The first one may be interesting due to use of new German tanks against Russian defence system. The second had a goal similar to Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and they may be compared. Suggested operations are the examples of well prepared battles from both sides.

On my opinion it may be difficult to describe WWII battles due to the following reasons: 1. they were operations which lasted many days. For example Kursk battle lasted about 1 month; 2. high level of propaganda from all sides: Germany, USSR/Russia, USA/Britain. Speaking about WWII operations I like to suggest quite famous operations with evident tactics and definite results. Namely German offensive operation Citadel (a part of Kursk battle). And Luftwaffe operations against Baltic Navy in Leningrad (named Eisstoss and Götz von Berlichingen). The first one may be interesting due to use of new German tanks against Russian defence system. The second had a goal similar to Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and they may be compared. Suggested operations are the examples of well prepared battles from both sides.

Don't worry,i am collecting maps and moves from every book i have.They will be big .But possible i assure you.MY only fear is how big.

By the way, sale of Battle Of Heroes 2 were banned in Russia. I myself participated in the petition. The Red Army was depicted quite vile, just disgusting - like Goebbels grandson participated in the development of the game.

But playing the game is great fun in multiplayer,its the campaign thats a problem in russia i think.

But playing the game is great fun in multiplayer,its the campaign thats a problem in russia i think.
Exactly. The company of USSR were such moments as if the soldiers did not fight because their Motherland was attacked and they sincerely wanted to destroy the aggressor - but because they were forced by evil NKVD.

Exactly. The company of USSR were such moments as if the soldiers did not fight because their Motherland was attacked and they sincerely wanted to destroy the aggressor - but because they were forced by evil NKVD.

Yes i too was disappointed by the beginning of the campaign,with the hero in a gulag.It just left a bitter taste in the mouth.

Yes i too was disappointed by the beginning of the campaign,with the hero in a gulag.It just left a bitter taste in the mouth.
They use games as propaganda resources. This is purely a fascist approach.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom