What's new

Battle of Rajasthan

GorkhaPride

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Nepal
The first battle of Rajasthan was important in particular not only because it checked the Arab Invasion to the East of Indus (for at least a century) but it also marked the Unification of three powerful Indian kingdom to fight against a common cause, to keep the powerful Arab out of Indian borders.

Background of the Battle – Arab Umayyad Caliphate

By the end of 7th century AD Islam had become an extremely influencing and powerful religion in the world. It had widely spread all over the Arab world. The Umayyad Caliphate launched ambitious campaigns in order to take over the world. Their leader Mohammad bin Qasim was a successful ruler who captured Iran and Afghanistan. His successor Junaid ibn Abdur-Rahman al-Marri further expanded his kingdom getting hold of the kingdom of Sindh, a kingdom which was under the rule of King Dahir of Rai Dynasty. Junaid also invaded and plundered the wealth of a lot of small kingdoms of Malwa, Gujarat and Rajasthan. This onslaught by Junaid and his powerful forces was finally checked by Lalitaditya of Kashmir and Yasovarman of Kannauj.

Background of the Battle – A Triple Alliance of Nagabhata I of Pratihara, Avanijanashraya Pulakesi of Rashtrakuta and Bappa Rawal of Hindu Rajput Clan

Gauging the seriousness of the situation as well as the power of Arab forces, Pratihara King, Nagabhata I appealed to Jayasimha Varman of Rashtrakuta Dynasty to unite for the cause. Jayasimha Varman in turn sent his son Avanijanashraya Pulakesi to support Nagabhata I. The two great dynasties of India supplemented the already fighting Hindu Rajput Mewar kingdom, under Bappa Rawal, at the border of Rajasthan.

Nagabhata I - Battle of Rajasthan (738 AD)

The Battle and its Result

The battle was fought between 5000-6000 Rajput infantry and cavalry facing more than 30000 Arabs. The Rajput fought bravely and managed to kill Emir Junaid, the leader of Arab tribes, during the war. This enhanced the moral of Hindu Rajput and Gurjara. As a result, Arabs had to call of the battle and had to run across to the other side of Indus River in order to save their lives.

The Triple Alliance of Indian Hindu Kingdoms was able to resist the Arab Invader from capturing any part of India (at least for another century).

The first battle of Rajasthan was important in particular not only because it checked the Arab Invasion to the East of Indus (for at least a century).
Theres is one correction needed.
The Indian kings Vikramaditya of the Chalukya Dynasty and Nagabhata of the Pratihara Dynasty were able
to completely stop the Arab expansion and protect whole India against the Arab invaders.
Because of this victory the Arabs were never able to enter modern India.
I think that India should install a statue to honor these kings.

By the way its thanks to these great Indian kings and military leaders that India does
not produce stupid videos like Pakistan.
This movie was made in Pakistan to glorify the Arab conquest of Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Yes indeed. :(
But I think the rest of our empire speaks for itself. ;)

Empires rise and fall, history has proven it.

The Umayyad Empire, is no exception just as much as the Greek or the Roman or the Brits aren't.

At the end of the day, I have nothing to do with any. I'm just an American Saudi, that is all I know.

By the way its thanks to these great Indian kings and military leaders that India does
not produce stupid videos like Pakistan.
This movie was made in Pakistan to glorify the Arab conquest of Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Chup kar bekar insaan. This is not a movie but some Zaid hamid propaganda. If you take him serious then God help you.

Chup kar bekar insaan. This is not a movie but some Zaid hamid propaganda. If you take him serious then God help you.

What is propaganda here? neither this video is produced by Zaid Hamid!
This is how the history is, not what you see it on cable tv... a monkey flying around and burning srilanka and few men posing as gods and shooting lazer through there eyes and sending tirshols to distant lands like a guided missiles.

This is how the history is, not what you see it on cable tv... a monkey flying around and burning srilanka and few men posing as gods and shooting lazer through there eyes and sending tirshols to distant lands like a guided missiles.

I see you guyz are aditcted to Indian cable TV.... anyways a little tolerance would have been better because posters usually gets banned for posting such lines against muslims.... just saying

What is propaganda here? neither this video is produced by Zaid Hamid!

Do Pakistanis watch Mahabharat and other such Indian tv serials?

Back
Top Bottom