What's new

battle of hydaspes

Agnihotra

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India

a battle record written by greek historians who were were Alexander during his conquest.
@padamchen you are the one who claimed that Porus was a Persian, kindly tell us why you think that.

its really surprising for me to see war elephants in Dry Regions such as (W)Punjab during ancient times, i wonder how they maintained such a large squad of elephants with little food-supply.

@Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @Nilgiri @MastanKhan @Tokhme khar

a battle record written by greek historians who were were Alexander during his conquest.
@padamchen you are the one who claimed that Porus was a Persian, kindly tell us why you think that.

its really surprising for me to see war elephants in Dry Regions such as (W)Punjab during ancient times, i wonder how they maintained such a large squad of elephants with little food-supply.

@Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @Nilgiri @MastanKhan @Tokhme khar

I've already written in significant detail on it. With carefully referenced sources, primarily Greek (Arian, Herodotus) as well as Le Clare.

Kindly use the Search feature. It works.

Cheers, Doc

I've already written in significant detail on it. With carefully referenced sources, primarily Greek (Arian, Herodotus) as well as Le Clare.

Kindly use the Search feature. It works.

Cheers, Doc

i googled the term "porus was a persian" and i got nothing, extraordinary claims require extraordinary sources.

feel free to post link of your source, to prove your claim.

if you have any.

Hey Doc, pls tag me there. Thank you.

Hey Doc, pls tag me there. Thank you.

There are many.

Please do a search for keyword "Porus" by member "padamchen"

Have you ever met a Hindu called Porus.

Tons of Parsi boys to this day are named Porus.

Any reason why Parsi parents would name their boys after a Hindu king?

Cheers, Doc

There are many.

Please do a search for keyword "Porus" by member "padamchen"

Have you ever met a Hindu called Porus.

Tons of Parsi boys to this day are named Porus.

Any reason why Parsi parents would name their boys after a Hindu king?

Cheers, Doc
What an irrational argument.

First off, his true name was not even Porus. Greek versions of names were significantly different than indigenous versions; an example being how the Greeks named the 5 rivers of the Indus region.

Secondly why would Hindus be named after him, most likely he was not Hindu and even them, not any of indigenous names (of the Indus region) recorded from that era are used by Hindus today. The names of that era are still scarcely used in rural Punjab, mainly as nicknames like Paaka and Mako, but no where else are these names used.

Thirdly, half of the names in Iran are still indigenous; "Porus" is not a name there at all.

You should give up your desperate attempts of trying to steal our history and heritage.

What an irrational argument.

First off, his true name was not even Porus. Greek versions of names were significantly different than indigenous versions; an example being how the Greeks named the 5 rivers of the Indus region.

Secondly why would Hindus be named after him, most likely he was not Hindu and even them, not any of indigenous names (of the Indus region) recorded from that era are used by Hindus today. The names of that era are still scarcely used in rural Punjab, mainly as nicknames like Paaka and Mako, but no where else are these names used.

Thirdly, half of the names in Iran are still indigenous; "Porus" is not a name there at all.

You should give up your desperate attempts of trying to steal our history and heritage.

You are as ignorant as you consistently seen to be on topics you know little of and are I'll equipped to debate.

His name and the traditional Persian name that even today many of us (Parsi and Irani) have is Porushasp.

Its modernized Hellenized version is Porus.

Cheers, Doc

You are as ignorant as you consistently seen to be on topics you know little of and are I'll equipped to debate.

His name and the traditional Persian name that even today many of us (Parsi and Irani) have is Porushasp.

Its modernized Hellenized version is Porus.

Cheers, Doc
So he was a persian Hindu makes sense (in your world)

So he was a persian Hindu makes sense (in your world)

He was a Persian satrap leading Hindu soldiers. From the territory he administered on behalf of the Persian emperor. Taxes and standing armies. Non-hostile neighbors and expanding control. Core empire versus outlying peripheral satrapies. That's how the Persians operated. And controlled such a vast empire.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom