What's new

Battle of Chawinda 1965: The Largest Tank Battle after WWII.

Excuses, contrary to the popular indian myth the tech rate was equal as indians had AMX-13 of france who saw production after Pattons n battle tested centurion tanks.

Indians had out numbered us in the wars that we had fought with them.

and this was the 2nd largest tank battle after WW2's battle of kursk.

10 Most Epic Tank Battles in Military History

Any proof of that other then wikipedia who is the University of knowledge for Indians.

and a little education might help.

10 Most Epic Tank Battles in Military History

As usual u fail miserably.
After kursk ther have been many large tank battles in ww2.Operation bagration,the battle for berlin included thousands of soviet armour.

The biggest tank battle after ww2 was golan heights israel vs syria.
In indo pakj scenario chawinda and asal uttar were the 2 key armour battles.

As for comparison of armour quality,indian army's modern tank was the centurion..equivalent to the patton.Otherwise the indian shermans were totally obsolete and couldn't penetrate frontal armour of pattons.
As for ur another ignorant rant,amx-13 was a light tank with minimal armour and a 75 mm gun against the patton's heavy armour and 90 mm gun.Its a complete mismatch.And possibly few if any amx-13 were at chawinda.At chawinda pak army had more aptton's than indian centurions.

The credit of pak army at chawinda was they were heavily outnumbered in infantry.They didn't have any disadvantage in armour.

As usual u fail miserably.
After kursk ther have been many large tank battles in ww2.Operation bagration,the battle for berlin included thousands of soviet armour.

The biggest tank battle after ww2 was golan heights israel vs syria.
In indo pakj scenario chawinda and asal uttar were the 2 key armour battles.

As for comparison of armour quality,indian army's modern tank was the centurion..equivalent to the patton.Otherwise the indian shermans were totally obsolete and couldn't penetrate frontal armour of pattons.
As for ur another ignorant rant,amx-13 was a light tank with minimal armour and a 75 mm gun against the patton's heavy armour and 90 mm gun.Its a complete mismatch.And possibly few if any amx-13 were at chawinda.At chawinda pak army had more aptton's than indian centurions.

The credit of pak army at chawinda was they were heavily outnumbered in infantry.They didn't have any disadvantage in armour.
Well before saying i ''fail'' as usually or not its better to read the thread first then talk.
There r many neutral sources say that Battle of chawinda was the 2nd largest battle one is share by me is of military education n for others u can use google.
Its better to first know about what yr saying then reply.

Just explain how chawinda can be bigger than battle for berlin or operation bagration in quantity of armour man?Just see for urself once.

Failure? LOL Your army failed to capture Kashmir and you ended up losing more land than we and fighting on your own soil....

And no it does not stink here .... I live in a place that has a higher living standard than any part in your country (0.79, try to beat that)

Anyways on topic, thats wrong, 2000 tanks!?!! hahahaha epic fail. Both sides did not even have the infrastructure or logistics to support roughly one thousands tanks on each side

And this source is neutral? OMG :hitwall: He is only mentioning Pakistani claims and you call it neutral?!

And besides, who is this person? Whats his backround? Where are his sources?

Learn how to discuss properly kid or just be silent you are embarrassing yourself again...

@AUSTERLITZ Look at this claim LOL.

Behaving like an idiot will not convince people that you are right and ignore the facts. But I guess with you indians there is not much difference between fantasy and reality. Just believe whatever you want to believe. After all, once an nincompoop always a nincompoop. LOL.
:sniper:

Last edited by a moderator:
Behaving like an idiot will not convince people that you are right and ignore the facts. But I guess with you indians there is not much difference between fantasy and reality. Just believe whatever you want to believe. After all, once an nincompoop always a nincompoop. LOL.
:sniper:

Kiddo, first tell me how there could be 2000 (!) tanks in this battle like mentioned by your fellow countryman earlier... or at least 1000 tanks....

Kiddo, first tell me how there could be 2000 (!) tanks in this battle like mentioned by your fellow countryman earlier... or at least 1000 tanks....

I did not mention any figure I just quoted from sources. And all the sources which are also neutral agree that Battle of Chawinda was the second biggest tank battle in the history. Now if India lost that battle I can understand it is difficult for indians to stomach it, but try to take it down maybe with a pinch of salt.

Stop crying about it and let it go. You cant change History. Live with it.

I did not mention any figure I just quoted from sources. And all the sources which are also neutral agree that Battle of Chawinda was the second biggest tank battle in the history. Now if India lost that battle I can understand it is difficult for indians to stomach it, but try to take it down maybe with a pinch of salt.

Stop crying about it and let it go. You cant change History. Live with it.

1.) The battle had no outcome... it ended with the ceasefire.

2.) Kindly post your neutral "source" again which says that it was the second largest tank battle. Even this nonsense blog article which has been posted a trillion times here is not ranked by the size but by "epicness" (so much to credibility lol):

Furthermore it states following:
1.) India grabbed 200 sq. miles at the end of the war.

2.) Battle number 9 had appr. 1500 tanks while battle number 2 (Chawinda) had a couple of hundred tanks... now please tell me which one was bigger?

Or do you seriously believe that the IA and the PA fielded thousands of tanks in 1965?!

2.) Kindly post your neutral "source" again which says that it was the second largest tank battle. Even this nonsense blog article which has been posted a trillion times here is not ranked by the size but by "epicness" (so much to credibility lol):

2.) Battle number 9 had appr. 1500 tanks while battle number 2 (Chawinda) had a couple of hundred tanks... now please tell me which one was bigger?

Or do you seriously believe that the IA and the PA fielded thousands of tanks in 1965?!

That's a typical Sub-continent thing..
Highest fountain.. largest boutique hotel.. largest tank battle.. best pilots.. etc etc
It starts with "in the world".. then when people question it.. comes to "In Asia".. then further inquiry brings it down to "South Asia"..
and eventually it comes down to "South East Asia" which .. as long as it is better than the others.. still ends up being enough.

LOL. Now u write that the battle was a ceasefire. It is funny. You guys cant take defeat. Read the sources and they all write that India lost this battle.

and kindly stop writing if you cant think of facts to write, it makes you look that you think from your arse instead of your brain.

LOL. Now u write that the battle was a ceasefire. It is funny. You guys cant take defeat. Read the sources and they all write that India lost this battle.

and kindly stop writing if you cant think of facts to write, it makes you look that you think from your arse instead of your brain.

ohhhhh ... now you realized that it was not the 2end largest tank battle.... but nevermind, just start attacking others personally loser.

And yes, the battle had no outcome. No one surrendered or lost the majority of its forces. The battle halted when the ceasefire agreement was signed.
How can anyone call himself a victor?

But believe what you want. I know its common for some people to simply twist and turn facts until they can endure them....

Especially people who think that a battle with a couple of hundred tanks was larger than one with 1500 tanks and simply keep posting blog articles to prove their points.

But as long as it makes you sleep better at night, no problem for me.

ohhhhh ... now you realized that it was not the 2end largest tank battle.... but nevermind, just start attacking others personally loser.

And yes, the battle had no outcome. No one surrendered or lost the majority of its forces. The battle halted when the ceasefire agreement was signed.

But believe what you want. I know its common for some people to simply twist and turn facts until they can endure them....

Especially people who think that a battle with a couple of hundred tanks was larger than one with 1500 tanks and simply keep posting blog articles to prove their points.

Aray baba, the Battle of Chaminda was won by Pakistan as the Indians had to withdraw. The War of 1965 was a ceasefire. Which means officially it was a draw. But if we compare the sizes of the forces, it is a shame on india to be held to a draw from a tiny force. So thats why we claim a victory. And india tries to forget this war.

they won man atleast let them win this one on keyboard:lol:

Aray baba, the Battle of Chaminda was won by Pakistan as the Indians had to withdraw. The War of 1965 was a ceasefire. Which means officially it was a draw. But if we compare the sizes of the forces, it is a shame on india to be held to a draw from a tiny force. So thats why we claim a victory. And india tries to forget this war.

Hahahahaha, why are you desperately trying to ignore facts?

Yes, India withdrew, because Chawinda was fought on Pakistani soil, and everyone agreed to go back to the pre war borders.

Withdrawing to the "old" borders was the first and foremost conditions for both sides.

And remember what the 1965 war was all about? KASHMIR!

After the disaster of 1962 and the political and economic tensions after Nehrus death, the PA thought that it could easily invade Kashmir...... but even then the PA failed.... and ended up fighting for Lahore itself and on Pak soil. At the time the ceasefire agreement was signed India held 200 sq. miles of Pak. territory, even according to your super dupah reliable neutral "sources"

Thus, this attempt was once again, a failure.

You failed in your primary objective, "Operation Gibraltar" :smokin:. The war ended with India occupying 690 square miles of yours and Pakistan occupying 250 square miles of our's territory.

Back
Top Bottom