What's new

Battle of Chawinda 1965: The Largest Tank Battle after WWII.

Bro as far as i know M-47 n M-48 were part of Allied forces in the Battle of Bulge n were used by patton's army i think for their advance towards Berlin in May 1945.

Utube is not a source too but if u read the article fully with patience and Read the NOTE title in the end then u will know that how much research n study was done by Major Shamshad to write n organize this article.

then you should again read about those tanks..

Patton tank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (don't say wiki isn't reliable again :cheesy: may not be on every fact,but Wiki is still one of the best source available,though I don't depend upon it on tech facts,but on war review,it presents both party's POV and claim)..

Patton tank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (don't say wiki isn't reliable again :cheesy: may not be on every fact,but Wiki is still one of the best source available,though I don't depend upon it on tech facts,but on war review,it presents both party's POV and claim)..

As an indian u can say that because its chief editor is an indian national but for others its still not reliable source.

BTW u also had other tanks too of british ie Centurion. and AMX-13 of France which were capture by us were produced in 1953!!!!!

so yr claim tech is not right n also u had out numbered us too in the entire war.

@Desert Fox - But there's a page which shows it as Second Largest one.

1. Battle of Prokhorovka (part of Battle of Kursk) 12 July 1943
2. Battle of Chawinda, 17 – 22 September 1965
3. Battle of 73 Easting, 26 – 27 February 1991
4. Operation Goodwood, 18 – 20 July 1944
5. Battle of Hannut, 12 – 14 May 1940
6. Battle of Brody, 23 – 30 June 1941
7. Battle of the Valley of Tears, 6 – 9 October 1973
8. Battle of Raseiniai, 23 – 27 June 1941
9. Second Battle of El Alamein, 23 October – 11 November 1942
10. Battle of Cambrai, 20 November – 8 December 1917

10 Most Epic Tank Battles in Military History

Is this authentic. I mean Battle of Kursk is no doubt the Largest Tank Battle in History. But can we call any of the other battles as Second Largest. What say ?

In terms of numbers, the Battle of Kursk, when taking the whole battlefield into consideration and the amount of men and material involved in that battle, was far bigger, far more resource consuming, and far more devastating than the whole indo-Pakistani war of 1965.

Battle of Kursk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With more than 2,000 Tanks and more than 900,000 troops involved from the German side and more than 5,000 Soviet Tanks and more than 1,000,000 Red army troops involved, battle of Chawinda looks like child's play in comparison.

I'd say, perhaps Operation Desert Storm and the ensuing Tank battles involved more Tanks and men than Chawinda and thus deserves the second place.

Battle of Chawinda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bro as far as i know M-47 n M-48 were part of Allied forces in the Battle of Bulge n were used by patton's army i think for their advance towards Berlin in May 1945.

Utube is not a source too but if u read the article fully with patience and Read the NOTE title in the end then u will know that how much research n study was done by Major Shamshad to write n organize this article.

M-47 and M-48's were not used in the Battle of the Bulge. These are cold war era tanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of numbers, the Battle of Kursk, when taking the whole battlefield into consideration and the amount of men and material involved in that battle, was far bigger, far more resource consuming, and far more devastating than the whole indo-Pakistani war of 1965.

Battle of Kursk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With more than 2,000 Tanks and more than 900,000 troops involved from the German side and more than 5,000 Soviet Tanks and more than 1,000,000 Red army troops involved, battle of Chawinda looks like child's play in comparison.

I'd say, perhaps Operation Desert Storm and the ensuing Tank battles involved more Tanks and men than Chawinda and thus deserves the second place.

Battle of Chawinda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

like i said visit the neutral sources other then wikipedia.

use google for more,

i won't say that wiki is not a reliable source i would prefer to say that its not a source but a childs referance book in which child too can add anything he want……:pop:

BS. 1. The Patton series (the earliest models) was put into service in the early 50s.
2. The US never advanced to Berlin, they tried it but not in May 1945 when the Soviets already captured the entire city.

And how can people compare even the entire 1965 war to the Battle of Kursk????????? :hitwall: The internet is full of retard fanboys in these days (from both sides).

Even the Kursk battle alone makes all Indo Pak wars look like ridiculous fights between school kids.

BS. 1. The Patton series (the earliest models) was put into service in the early 50s.
2. The US never advanced to Berlin, they tried it but not in May 1945 when the Soviets already captured the entire city.

And how can people compare even the entire 1965 war to the Battle of Kursk????????? :hitwall: The internet is full of retard fanboys in these days (from both sides).

Even the Kursk battle alone makes all Indo Pak wars look like ridiculous fights between school kids.

My bad i know But he was saying abt that we had a tech upperhand.
But then i told him that sherman were not the only tanks u had in the war u also had centurion n AMX-13 of France which saw production after the M-47s did!!!!!
So in tech we were relatively similar but in numbers u had out numbered us in every Battle n war. Still we managed to win second largest tank battle.

Here is a neutral source giving the testimony abt battle n u can use google to find more neutral sources who say same.

My bad i know But he was saying abt that we had a tech upperhand.
But then i told him that sherman were not the only tanks u had in the war u also had centurion n AMX-13 of France which saw production after the M-47s did!!!!!
So in tech we were relatively similar but in numbers u had out numbered us in every Battle n war. Still we managed to win second largest tank battle.

Here is a neutral source giving the testimony abt battle n u can use google to find more neutral sources who say same.

No one won this battle, it ended after the cease fire agreement. India counterattacked in 1965 and India managed to bring the fight on Pakistani soil although the counter attack was stopped by Pakistani forces and then hostilities ceased after the cease fire agreement.

No one won this battle, it ended after the cease fire agreement. India counterattacked in 1965 and India managed to bring the fight on Pakistani soil although the counter attack was stopped by Pakistani forces and then hostilities ceased after the cease fire agreement.

Read the bloody thread firt then comeback with yr imaginary claims.

Read the bloody thread firt then comeback with yr imaginary claims.

Imaginary claims? lol who is the one posting giant blog articles made by sites like "Pakistani think tanks" ?

Come up with something better.

And the other top 10 list does not even mention the words "victory" or "defeat" and is not even made by professionals.

The fact is:

India repelled the PAs plan to capture Kashimir in this extremely bad situation for India (the power vacuum after Nehrus death, the weak military after 1962 and the economic crisis).
India managed to counterattack and to bring the war on Pakistani soil.

The battle had no result and at the end of the day, Indian troops where still on Pak soil. The hostilities then ceased after the cease fire agreement.

End of the story.

Imaginary claims? lol who is the one posting giant blog articles made by sites like "Pakistani think tanks" ?

Come up with something better.

And the other top 10 list does not even mention the words "victory" or "defeat" and is not even made by professionals.

The fact is:

India repelled the PAs plan to capture Kashimir in this extremely bad situation for India (the power vacuum after Nehrus death, the weak military after 1962 and the economic crisis).
India managed to counterattack and to bring the war on Pakistani soil.

The battle had no result and at the end of the day, Indian troops where still on Pak soil. The hostilities then ceased after the cease fire agreement.

End of the story.
It seems u havnt read a single line:lol:

LOL kiddo the thread has an article by Major Shamshad this is the first line of thread with full proof references under the title NOTE

the war started in 6th september 1965 when at night 3am u had attacked us!!!!!!!!!!

Rest of yr brainfarts r just yr bollywood script that u r not been able to prove even in this 21st centuary.

It seems u havnt read a single line:lol:

LOL kiddo the thread has an article by Major Shamshad this is the first line of thread with full proof references under the title NOTE

the war started in 6th september 1965 when at night 3am u had attacked us!!!!!!!!!!

Rest of yr brainfarts r just yr bollywood script that u r not been able to prove even in this 21st centuary.

India attacked Pakistan? really?

Pakistan attacked India with the beginning of Operation Gibraltar.

Indo-Pakistan War of 1965

And dont tell me anything about brainfarts kid: The fact remains, Chawinda had no outcome: No one surrendered, no one retreated because of the actions. Indian troops where still on Pak soil when the ceasefire came into effect.

And no I haven read the article, I dont have time to read this entire giant blog article which is simply trying to make everything better for your own eyes.

@Koovie its hard to convince the fanboys that comparing Battles of Kursk and Chawinda is like comparing a tank and a swiss knife

Last edited by a moderator:
India attacked Pakistan? really?

Pakistan attacked India with the beginning of Operation Gibraltar.

Indo-Pakistan War of 1965

And dont tell me anything about brainfarts kid: The fact remains, Chawinda had no outcome: No one surrendered, no one retreated because of the actions. Indian troops where still on Pak soil when the ceasefire came into effect.

And no I haven read the article, I dont have time to read this entire giant blog article which is simply trying to make everything better for your own eyes.
Where is proof kid? Where is it?
Its just an excuse which was done by india to save its face from this bitter defeat Thats all now to keep the moral of its nation high it twists the facts n make it in its favor.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strategic-geopolitical-issues/244167-disclosing-kargil-casualties-would-affect-morale-troops-cic.html

This is what u actually r known for doing so there is no credibility of yr claims.

And in the battle of Chawinda yr forces were forced to retreat n ceasefire happened after that n it was a decisive victory of pakistan!!!!!!!!!

Read the thread title Conclusion and then notes title for references.

This article was published in defense journal in 1997-98!!!!!!

Kiddo that why i say u to read it first then come back.

Back
Top Bottom