What's new

Basic policies for Pakistan : Medical and Pension

As long as debt servicing and defense expenditure take priority over social development, such deprivation will remain.
The issue is again management. For example, the JF 17 project. Currently we are earning out of it, and this project is also fulfilling our needs. Again, our share is very low, but according to our expertise. Now the thing is, could have earned a lot from other projects, and there are a lot of projects from where we still can earn much.
Trust me, this lack of funds feeling will never go away.

Then they can pass laws so that private firms are the ones providing those benefits to their employees, they can invest their money to fund good pension and health schemes. all the private firms care about is how much they can squeeze out of their employee while giving the bare minimum in return.

Laws require good governance to implement effectively, and require proper financial foundations if they are to succeed in their stated goals.

And here I thought he was talking about providing medical and pension facilities for the people.
In the comment which you qouted he was saying keh hamain khauwashat ka peechay nahi bhangna chahiye
Waisay defense budget ka aik bara hissa salaries main hi jata hai

The issue is again management. For example, the JF 17 project. Currently we are earning out of it, and this project is also fulfilling our needs. Again, our share is very low, but according to our expertise. Now the thing is, could have earned a lot from other projects, and there are a lot of projects from where we still can earn much.
Trust me, this lack of funds feeling will never go away.

As I said, as long as national priorities remain where they are now, nothing will change for social development that is lower on the list.

yeah,no. employees in private firms usually work very long hours, and cant have a 2nd job or business even if they are allowed to. on the other hand, most of the people employed by the civil govt are doing a side business, because they have tonnes of time to waste. the business is usually in someone else's name (just like nawaz shareef and the 2 year old babloo)
we are talking about laws here. how many military men have you seen doing second job?

Basic policy should get government employees to work for 8 hours a day. BC they come in at 11 in the morning and leave at 2 PM.

we are talking about laws here. how many military men have you seen doing second job?
military men get residence, cheap but good quality education for their children and free health. plus job security. dont run away now. you and I both know how many govt servants own businesses and have second jobs. also, it doesnt change the fact that people in private sector work harder and longer than govt ones.

military men get residence, cheap but good quality education for their children and free health. plus job security. dont run away now. you and I both know how many govt servants own businesses and have second jobs. also, it doesnt change the fact that people in private sector work harder and longer than govt ones.

Yes, but what private sector job (except may be security guards) has an inbuilt requirement to accept being shot at and killed?

Yes, but what private sector job (except may be security guards) has an inbuilt requirement to accept being shot at and killed?
different topic. the discussion is about govt vs private service.

if the government servants are going against the law then the LEAs should get hold of them. as far as military men are concerned the facilities which they get are just ok. most of them are always on the move .specially for the past 2 decades. their families are suffering the most as they are spending years in operations. they are serving from siachin to gwader at places where even animals are not found. they cant keep their families along at all the places. they pay for the house they get at the end of the service.
apart from the military most of the government employees dont do much work. BTW how many people pay their taxes in private sector????? 0.00001%

different topic. the discussion is about govt vs private service.

Sure, but you brought them up, and aren't military personnel a subset of the government employee pool?

Government jobs are highly regulated; private sector jobs are not as much. That is the key difference.

As long as debt servicing and defense expenditure take priority over social development, such deprivation will remain.
Debt servicing and defense expenditure is a reality. Pakistan neighbor India not a sweet neighbor. Let us be realistic.
Without proper data and tax collection running medical and pension benefits plan will be a nightmare if not impossible.
Then managing pension funds is not a simple task as it needs honesty and good custodianship.

Sure, but you brought them up, and aren't military personnel a subset of the government employee pool?

Government jobs are highly regulated; private sector jobs are not as much. That is the key difference.
You do have a thing for military or against it to be precise.

Debt servicing and defense expenditure is a reality. Pakistan neighbor India not a sweet neighbor. Let us be realistic.
Without proper data and tax collection running medical and pension benefits plan will be a nightmare if not impossible.
Then managing pension funds is not a simple task as it needs honesty and good custodianship.

You do have a thing for military or against it to be precise.

Realism bites everyone equally without any sacred cows above criticism.

Having said that, I have already accepted that as long as debt servicing and defense expenses have a priority over social development, the deprivation of the general population will remain as a natural consequence. It is nether right nor wrong, but just the way it is. I have no problem with stating that at all.

Stating the facts is not being against or for anything.

Realism bites everyone equally without any sacred cows above criticism.

Having said that, I have already accepted that as long as debt servicing and defense expenses have a priority over social development, the deprivation of the general population will remain as a natural consequence. It is nether right nor wrong, but just the way it is. I have no problem with stating that at all.

Stating the facts is not being against or for anything.
Let us hear a solution under the circumstances, a pragmatic persons approach not an idealist approach if you may please. No one is sacred and culprits are more than your so called sacred cow

i didnt bring them up. litman did. and they are only a part of the govt service, not the entire govt service.

Back
Top Bottom