What's new

Barkha Dutt slams Arnab Goswami, says 'ashamed to be from same industry as him'

Do you think Indian viewers has time to see contest between the two.....or its fight for rating .

No. Because the competition, if ever there was one, was a long time ago.

She is comfortably one of the most despised women in India today.

He can not target the person directly , but her thoughts can be challenged , not a person labelled something. If he is not agree with Barkha thought or has some personal issues, then don t invite her.

Then that means you are restricting freedom of speech of this particular person as per your standards.

So, in the same parity, I also expect certain restrictions from a journalist.

Now, your post about North Korea does not count for much, does it. After all you just said we should have restrictions to freedom of speech!

Just one figure ........

Average viewership of Times Nows' NEWSHOUR in 2016 is 342 million / week

That of NDTV / Barkha's Buck stops here/ Big fight etc combined...... 90 million/ week :D

host image online

Do you think Indian viewers has time to see contest between the two.....or its fight for rating .

Average Indian viewer, NO.
But here we can debate, it's a fair point for assessment, considering these two have gone at each other.

Then that means you are restricting freedom of speech of this particular person as per your standards.

So, in the same parity, I also expect certain restrictions from a journalist.

Now, your post about North Korea does not count for much, does it. After all you just said we should have restrictions to freedom of speech!
Again , he has all right to target her agenda or thoughts , but can't let her down. There is no 100 percent patriotism. Journalism ???....does it really exist ???...where channel owner pressurize there employee to bring controversial subject to increase the viewership and attract more ads.

Again , he has all right to target her agenda or thoughts , but can't let her down. There is no 100 percent patriotism. Journalism ???....does it really exist ???...where channel owner pressurize there employee to bring controversial subject to increase the viewership and attract more ads.
remember how pakistanis here blame a specific media group as raw agent and traitors who should be shot.. (forgot which one. jung group?) this is our equivalent...
funny thing is same Indians love those pakistani media which your people hate.. :)

Again , he has all right to target her agenda or thoughts , but can't let her down

Why not?
Weren't you the same person talking about Freedom of speech few posts back?

We are in sub continent buddy...Not North Korea ;)

remember how pakistanis here blame a specific media group as raw agent and traitors who should be shot.. (forgot which one. jung group?) this is our equivalent...
funny thing is same Indians love those pakistani media which your people hate.. :)

If any Pakistani Channel even remotely trashes their soldiers and sides with terrorists like TTP, I doubt they would live to see another day.

You got your examples mixed up and are confusing yourself mate.

Why not?
Weren't you the same person talking about Freedom of speech few posts back?

We are in sub continent buddy...Not North Korea ;)

If any Pakistani Channel even remotely trashes their soldiers and sides with terrorists like TTP, I doubt they would live to see another day.

You got your examples mixed up and are confusing yourself mate.
pakistani channels and journalists have openly challenged their army and its narrative.. you should look around here... then you will realize how brave(or stupid one can say) they are...
you joined recently... may be some pakistani can help you.. just read their threads in which they abuse their own journalists and call them traitor and raw agent... I can guarantee you will find them 'reasonable' :)
It will be hard to find an indian journo who will do equivalent of finding Kasab's parents there by completely undermine their own army/govt massively...

pakistani channels and journalists have openly challenged their army and its narrative.. you should look around here... then you will realize how brave(or stupid one can say) they are...
you joined recently... may be some pakistani can help you.. just read their threads in which they abuse their own journalists and call them traitor and raw agent... I can guarantee you will find them 'reasonable' :)

So, you have journalists in Pakistan who project soldiers as rapists and TTP or Taliban Or Baloch as freedom fighters?

Please show me some proof instead of just saying stuff..Please show me which Pakistani Journalist went to the parents of killed TTP and Taliban terrorists and got their sympathetic stories and skewered the oppressive army..

Arnab is not a journalist - he is an entertainer. He plays to the gallery. The only reason I tune into Times Now is because invariably it is the funniest show in India. He doesn't let anyone talk. I wonder if he has ever heard of Edward Murrow.

So, you have journalists in Pakistan who project soldiers as rapists and TTP or Taliban Or Baloch as freedom fighters?

Please show me some proof instead of just saying stuff..Please show me which Pakistani Journalist went to the parents of killed TTP and Taliban terrorists and got their sympathetic stories and skewered the oppressive army..
I just gave you a better example.. you cannot find an indian journo with enough guts to do the equivalent of finding Kasab's parents and basically slap your army/govt... and completely undermine your country in international forum.
when did barkha called IA rapists and Wani freedom fighter.. ?

I hardly think we can hold Pakistan as a benchmark for journalistic integrity. Come to think of it, we can't hold them as a benchmark for pretty much anything.

I just gave you a better example.. you cannot find an indian journo with enough guts to do the equivalent of finding Kasab's parents and basically slap your army/govt... and completely undermine your country in international forum.
when did barkha called IA rapists and Wani freedom fighter.. ?

Finding kasabs parents? What are you talking about mate?

That's not the equivalent to what Barkha is doing in India. I gave you a perfect example of what Barkha is doing and you still pretend I have not.

Remember Kanhayya and Khalid. Yeah, the same group of people who were supported by Barkha? Have you ever read their posts? Go and do so? Learn what they say about IA. Learn what they say about the guy who attacked our parliament.

Barkha supports people who attacked our parliament. I doubt there is a journalist in Pakistan who has something like that.
If you find, please show me.

I hardly think we can hold Pakistan as a benchmark for journalistic integrity. Come to think of it, we can't hold them as a benchmark for pretty much anything.
you will be surprised... there are some in pak who do have integrity or at least willingness to investigate... stick their neck out... journalism in pak is still sometimes raw and refreshing.. ours is corporatized homegenized pasturized truth... :)
Everytime I see our channels report govt version as truth when its debatable(not even 'allegedly' raider).. I cringe... privatization was supposed to give us more truth than govt owned DD could.

I hardly think we can hold Pakistan as a benchmark for journalistic integrity.

On the contrary.
I think you will find more sold out journalists in India than anywhere else.

People like Barkha & Co are the lowest.
Even After Radia tapes she has survived. That is a testament to the extent of the corruption in our media.

Pakistan Media, I am certain are not as sold out as some of our media.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom