What's new

Banning TV channels

51 % of their shareholders are Zionists

i am sure there is something more then money.

correct me if i am wrong .

it's not a matter of free speech, I think the Pakistani people have abused that concept enough with their gossip, rumor-mongering, and conspiracy theories. The problem with GEO and as well as other media outlets, is bias and the lack of responsibility.

as a journalist, reporter, or anything else that involves media, you have a responsibility. You must not be biased in your reporting, not even a single trace of it. Your bias can affect the entire nation, the political process-voters can be lead or steered towards one party-and the govt. itself. This bias, which we saw so much of during the past few years, can destabilize the country. It must not be allowed at all. unfortunately, we've seen so much leaning towards PPP and PML-N. No one-that means journalist or reporters on television-is questioning the fact that Zardari has not abolished the famous amendment or 58-2B.

actually, some reporters and journalists on television should be tried for treason. They have destabilized the country and committed an act of treason by going against direct orders from the govt. which order responsible reporting. Responsibility is also required on their part. I'll tell what's not responsible, bias and favoring because of political affiliation, lack of censorship over graphic scenes, and rumor and false-reporting.

Tell me, how many times have we heard that Musharraf will board a flight and run away to Turkey? How many times have we seen bloody corpses on a street after a suicide attack? How many times have we seen bias towards a political party like PML-Q? How many times have we seen journalists or jahel idiots, anyone who has no expertise or certification to prove it in the matter, wrongly blame the previous govt. for the economic failure?

It's things like these that we don't pay attention to. It's things like these that can destabilize the country and cause its ruin. media is a very powerful tool and has always been a tool at someone's disposal. Either you control it, or someone else does it for you. If we analyze events and geo-political situation in Pakistan over the past few years, we will come to the conclusion that the media has caused more damage to Pakistan than india or the west.

We should start a Pakistani Defence Forum news channel. Our information and analysts are better than those yellow journalists.

:pdf:

:pakistan:

We will have to team up and destroy the image of Geo news to the extent that even cable operators don't tune Geo to other T.V,s

Guys, I just think our people are confused and that’s the reason Geo is able to pull off all this misdirection and attention. People, especially these news channels, should be told that it is not their responsibility or right to set the national political agenda. Theirs is not the place to tell the people right from wrong, or good from bad…their job is to give people the ground realities and facts, and let the people decide off their own accord. Geo is a financial cooperation whose purpose is to sell itself, it is not a self-less national institution and should not be given free rein to set the public agenda. This dangerous imbalance can erode the very foundations of the state especially in a country like Pakistan where people don’t know any better. Freedom for speech is one thing, but you can’t have freedom of speech all the time if the country's ideological frontiers are to be protected and the people hopeful. Geo should stop pretending that they and their new anchors are the only thing that can save Pakistan, or that Geo is the only force that stands between the people of Pakistan and suppression.

Maybe Geo should not be banned right away, but their powers have to be curtailed in the long term and some simple rules set. Because everything must be governed by rules, especially something that has the power to be so disruptive.

Kill all traders and haterz doesnt matter who they are !!

I've already been boycotting GEO for almost 2 years now. The channel is an utter disgrace to us Pakistani's. Well, most of us anyway.

Guys, I just think our people are confused and that’s the reason Geo is able to pull off all this misdirection and attention. People, especially these news channels, should be told that it is not their responsibility or right to set the national political agenda. Theirs is not the place to tell the people right from wrong, or good from bad…their job is to give people the ground realities and facts, and let the people decide off their own accord. Geo is a financial cooperation whose purpose is to sell itself, it is not a self-less national institution and should not be given free rein to set the public agenda. This dangerous imbalance can erode the very foundations of the state especially in a country like Pakistan where people don’t know any better. Freedom for speech is one thing, but you can’t have freedom of speech all the time if the country's ideological frontiers are to be protected and the people hopeful. Geo should stop pretending that they and their new anchors are the only thing that can save Pakistan, or that Geo is the only force that stands between the people of Pakistan and suppression.

Maybe Geo should not be banned right away, but their powers have to be curtailed in the long term and some simple rules set. Because everything must be governed by rules, especially something that has the power to be so disruptive.

I wanted to thank for this post but didnt know how ....anyway thanks

I believe in the famous quotation by Voltaire:

I don’t agree with what you are saying but will defend till death your right to say it.

Unquote.

Tolerance does not means acceptance of people you don’t like, it also means listening to their opinions and beliefs, no matter how unpleasant. How would you know whether a man is your friend or your enemy unless you let him state his views?

As a nation Pakistanis have to learn to listen to unpleasant opinions. No one is hundred percent right or hundred percent wrong. May be that some of what is said on Geo TV is correct. Despite that fact that I dislike Geo TV and Hamid Mir to the nth degree, I would not support a ban.

Don't worry once Geo news is banned they'll say Lashkir-e-jasoosi = ISI did this lol. Stupid Geo lip stick n power nothing else.

People, especially these news channels, should be told that it is not their responsibility or right to set the national political agenda. Theirs is not the place to tell the people right from wrong, or good from bad…their job is to give people the ground realities and facts, and let the people decide off their own accord. Geo is a financial cooperation whose purpose is to sell itself, it is not a self-less national institution and should not be given free rein to set the public agenda.
This is perhaps, the best argument put forth so far against GEO. They cannot make national policy, and they do not have the right to do whatever they want. Like I said, it's not about free speech. I think people should read my post above over again.

I think that we should treat GEO TV/ THE NEWS/ JANG Group the same way as people in the world treat FOX News Network and many such others low quality media outlets. Banning is not the answer, public, financial and commercial boycotting is.

Instead of doing all this, they must be countered by the rest of the media with truth and objective reporting. They must be outdone by other channels who expose their agenda to the public. Cool it guys........ they must not be targetted for showing what they want instead they should be challenged for the authencity of their reporting to make it clear to the public that they have certain agenda, if there is any.

Express newz provides objective review of the events

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom