What's new

Banning members and nostalgia

Reaction score
Country
India
Sometimes when I read the old threads on PDF ,I find very few members of those days are still present here.It is not like those members have stopped coming to PDF but they have changed their ids and started logging in with different new IDs.I wonder with what new id a so and so person might be coming to pdf..it just takes away that nostalgic feeling.In this day and age where many houses have 3 to 4 smart phones banning members doesn't really serve much purpose.One member can come with multiple IDs.I request moderators to be a bit lenient and don't inflict bans of more than 7 days.If the post is offensive you can remove them.People like me want to have association with members here for a long time but bans of months force members to come up with new IDs and stopping the reuse of old ones.

Sometimes when I read the old threads on PDF ,I find very few members of those days are still present here.It is not like those members have stopped coming to PDF but they have changed their ids and started logging in with different new IDs.I wonder with what new id a so and so person might be coming to pdf..it just takes away that nostalgic feeling.In this day and age where many houses have 3 to 4 smart phones banning members doesn't really serve much purpose.One member can come with multiple IDs.I request moderators to be a bit lenient and don't inflict bans of more than 7 days.If the post is offensive you can remove them.People like me want to have association with members here for a long time but bans of months force members to come up with new IDs and stopping the reuse of old ones.

What was your old ID?

PDF is very lenient, it can't go more lenient. If members keep getting banned, we ban them permanently.

So better to get no warnings at all.

I have just recovered from a 3 month ban. :cheesy:
If you had not logged in with some other during this period,you would be one of the few exceptions.This 3 month ban only makes people cut friendship with others in middle.It doesn't serve the purpose of stopping those people from coming to forum as there are many smart phones in a single home these days(add to that office computers)

If you had not logged in with some other during this period,you would be one of the few exceptions.This 3 month ban only makes people cut friendship with others in middle.It doesn't serve the purpose of stopping those people from coming to forum as there are many smart phones in a single home these days(add to that office computers)

I was actually very busy and this ban was quite helpful. :P And even if I tried to log in during these 3 months... I will not say :P But yes, it true that we lose contact and daily chit chat.

What was your old ID?

PDF is very lenient, it can't go more lenient. If members keep getting banned, we ban them permanently.

So better to get no warnings at all.
If you ban me on this phone,I would use some other phone in my house.I am not saying not to ban..but don't impose long time bans.

lolzz... i am " last of mohicans "....lolzz but still look for those name when i join the forum..

Bhai chup kar ja mujhe in logon nay aik saal k liye ban kar dia tha :P

really? when? and why. max I know is 1 month.

Few years back :) a good friend (a mod/admin) had some issue of ego so I was made a scapegoat . It wasn't a ban but somehow my ID was blocked so i couldn't log in for a year almost . Anyway we all founding members have a bond somehow

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom