What's new

Bangladesh's Refugees Dream Of Pakistan

exactly why the hell should Bangladesh give them citizenship when they of Pakistan which was created for the Muslims of India in 1947 & the beharis or stranded Pakistanis as they are known opted for Pakistan

The Biharis opted for East Pakistan, just like the Bengalis opted for Pakistan in 1947

& mind you not Bangladesh was created for the Bengali populations who fought for Bangladesh took the bangla language movements

Am I meant to understand this?

why should they give Pakistan's left over patriotic citizens Bangladeshi citizenship what nonsense they are your people take care of them sorry their is no such thing as a free lunch i hope you got the point.

Look, they were in 1970, just as East Pakistani as any Bangladeshi. After 1971, they had their Pakistani citizenship removed, because East Pakistan ceased to exist under the control of the government of Pakistan. The Bangladeshis were allowed to file for Bangladeshi citizenship, why were the Biharis not allowed to get full Bangladeshi citizenship also? Thousands of Razakhars were Bengali, and fought for West Pakistan in al Badr units, just like the Biharis, yet they are eligible for full citizenship in Bangladesh. Also Pakistan accepts Bangladeshis as full citizens, so why are the Biharis not accepted as full citizens?

Stop messing Genmirajborgza!

Roadrunner i can't stay quiet anymore...if they are loyal to us why shoud we leave them there... Man i see them as my own people! If they want to come back to us then why shud we throw them away saying they are Bangladeshes responsibility! Okay, it is going to stretch us if we bring them back for example resources, crime etc. but they are our own people... i think our denying people to come to our nation who think of our country as a haven is wrong... infact if i had the power i would pay for them to return and pay for their education etc.

This attitude discourages people from coming to our nation man! Comeon, we can't betray all those who have forsaken everything just for this nation and think of pakistan as a safe-haven. We cannot deny them their right to return and make a living here!

It is'nt a great thing for us Pakistanis to argue with each other but i don't agree with you here!

I've already said I think Pakistan should take Biharis who were part of the capaign from the war of independence. But how do you know all the people in the camps are Bihari now? If the web is to be believed, Pakistan has already taken all the Biharis, but somehow millions more people got into these camps.

Stop messing Genmirajborgza!

Roadrunner i can't stay quiet anymore...if they are loyal to us why shoud we leave them there... Man i see them as my own people! If they want to come back to us then why shud we throw them away saying they are Bangladeshes responsibility! Okay, it is going to stretch us if we bring them back for example resources, crime etc. but they are our own people... i think our denying people to come to our nation who think of our country as a haven is wrong... infact if i had the power i would pay for them to return and pay for their education etc.

This attitude discourages people from coming to our nation man! Comeon, we can't betray all those who have forsaken everything just for this nation and think of pakistan as a safe-haven. We cannot deny them their right to return and make a living here!

It is'nt a great thing for us Pakistanis to argue with each other but i don't agree with you here!

and my salaam to you brother dimension117 this is exactly what i was wanting to hear because i my self is a Urdu speaking person from bd who supports Pakistan day and night and i am not anti Pakistan but was completely wounded by the racial propaganda of road runner thus i accept defeat at your hands dimension117
Pakistan & all those who support Pakistan should be proud of you Pakistan ziandabad:pakistan:

I've already said I think Pakistan should take Biharis who were part of the capaign from the war of independence. But how do you know all the people in the camps are Bihari now? If the web is to be believed, Pakistan has already taken all the Biharis, but somehow millions more people got into these camps.

that is an utter nonsense and a lie a big fat lie PIA flight stopped taking its people i personally know this fact the fact was Bhutto back stabbed his own people the stranded Pakistanis god bless Zia UL haq's soul for one good deed that he did it was ALLAH's way of doing justice weather you and the likes of you like it or not.
:pakistan: zindabad

Its time that you two gem and roadrunner shake hands, because it can turn dirty!

Lets stop calling names shall we.

Thanks.

that is an utter nonsense and a lie a big fat lie PIA flight stopped taking its people i personally know this fact the fact was Bhutto back stabbed his own people the stranded Pakistanis god bless Zia UL haq's soul for one good deed that he did it was ALLAH's way of doing justice weather you and the likes of you like it or not.
:pakistan: zindabad

well the person you want blessed created 16A which made it clear they weren't citizens of Pakistan. anyhow how does stopping a PIA flight prove anything? Biharis were repatriated to Pakistan over a period of decades. They were even repatriated during nawaz sharif's regime. Do you monitor all PIA flights or something as a profession?

yes sir' i apologize
roadrunner lets be friends
peace.

look, i'm not the one throwing tantrums left right and centre. You're the one that has a problem with me, since you can't discuss properly without getting emotional and coming out with ineffective insults. we can discuss this, stop calling names so much everytime you cant answer something.

All right gentlemen, ehough said. Lets make a fresh start and end this hostility right here!
Peace! :cheers:

Razzakars supported Pakistan and were equal partners.

They opposed the creation of Bangladesh.

Therefore, they are loyal to Pakistan.

It is also natural that Bangladeshis do not want them around for good reasons.

Therefore, they should be allowed to become Pakistanis.

In my book any one who opted for Pakistan until 1951 ( official cut - off date for travel between India and Pakistan without Passport at certain entry points) is a Pakistani. Pakistan was created for the all the muslims of the British India.

Regrettably, Mr Z A Bhutto, being afraid that most of Beharis will end up in Sindh and tilt the balance of population in the favour mohajirs even more;
was against bringing them back. Bengla Deshis elected to seperate, however, the Beharis remained loyal to the very end. It is a travesty of justice, that while Pakistan welcomed three million Afghan refugees; most of them will never go back; but will not assist in the repatriation of the Pakistanis from Bangla Desh.

Just to clarify, I am not a Behari;I am just from an older generation, who still remembers the 'raison d'etre' of why Pakistan was created in the first place.

Niaz,

There is credibility in what you state about Biharis tilting the balance.

Another reason is that they are not akin to the Western part of Pakistan (I am being PC), while the Afghans are!

Therefore, they should be allowed to become Pakistanis.
there are a lot of people who were born here after the Independence and speak Bengali.Yes some want to become Pakistanis and leave Bangladesh but not all of them have the same goal.
There are some who are demanding to be given BD citizenship,don't dream of Pakistan and voting rights,etc. and I am with them.the way they live is horrible.I know the govt have their hands full but they should give some thought to these people.

there were some articles about these people.I will post them soon.

there are a lot of people who were born here after the Independence and speak Bengali.Yes some want to become Pakistanis and leave Bangladesh but not all of them have the same goal.
There are some who are demanding to be given BD citizenship,don't dream of Pakistan and voting rights,etc. and I am with them.the way they live is horrible.I know the govt have their hands full but they should give some thought to these people.

there were some articles about these people.I will post them soon.

Yes agreed as i had watched documenteries of these Biharis wherein though majoirty of them say they want to come to Pakistan mostly the older generation while the younger lot want to be there but also seek facilities.
The conditions they are living is indeed much horrible it was realy hard to watch that.
On the other hand it is also the responsibility of Pakistan to bring these people to the country for they are suffering just due to supporting Pakistan

they are not accepted in bangladesh because they do not want to learn bangla and be part of their culture. I pity their daily suffering but it is a choice they have to take if they want to get out of their
misery. Pakistan has enough suffering among its own mohagirs to take on additional mohagirs from bangladesh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom