What's new

Bangladesh's extreme poverty rate drops to 12.9 percent, says World Bank

i have already mentioned that... most of them begs because it earnss them more than an ordinary job.

It happens in developed world a lot too. They caught a guy in UK on camera way back in the 80s or something being a beggar all day and then going to a bathroom, changing clothes and driving away in his car...

I saw a good bunch outside this weekend in Canada, the number never seems to go below a certain threshold of whatever the societies gratuity complex is, letting people live off that margin no matter how many more dignified jobs are available. This is Canada which is pretty much a welfare state too. I was surprised to see how the situation was the same in Scandinavia when I was there few years back (Norway, Sweden) and Europe in general.

Yes all these places dont have the hordes of beggars that we know of in South Asia, but there is much more than one would expect because of the system we are describing.

It happens in developed world a lot too. They caught a guy in UK on camera way back in the 80s or something being a beggar all day and then going to a bathroom, changing clothes and driving away in his car...

I saw a good bunch outside this weekend in Canada, the number never seems to go below a certain threshold of whatever the societies gratuity complex is, letting people live off that margin no matter how many more dignified jobs are available. This is Canada which is pretty much a welfare state too. I was surprised to see how the situation was the same in Scandinavia when I was there few years back (Norway, Sweden) and Europe in general.

Yes all these places dont have the hordes of beggars that we know of in South Asia, but there is much more than one would expect because of the system we are describing.
one guy in america acted disabled and begged... earned 200k a year... he was a millionaire though but blew all his money in wrong business planning. dont know the guys name though

http://nation.lk/online/2015/12/26/lankas-rich-beggars.html

Comparing to India the population density is much higher in BD. Even then its poverty rate is better or at par with India. It means people are producing more per sq. km. of land area. However, people are only marginally better off comparing to the past. Real poverty cannot be reduced without industrializing the country.

Back
Top Bottom