What's new

Bangladesh's extreme poverty rate drops to 12.9 percent, says World Bank

Yet we should believe all the rest of the data coming out of BD. Don't believe the "crap" numbers, believe just the better ones. Got it.

Good thing there are external interaction numbers completely free of BD ministries and statistic institutes regarding trade, investment, human intelligence etc that we can look and see just how truly basket case BD is....and thus which set of claimed numbers by the BBS/BAL are most likely being faked.

Ya like vedic math's and equations.

i remember seeing beggers in 2016 visit to bd though. seems it earns them more than an actual job
There are still many beggers. But based on my own experience their number has been gradually going down since the last decade. Back 2003-4 whenever you were to go outside you'd meet a beggar in every 5-10 minutes. Now fast forward to 2015(Last time I was in Bangladesh) you won't see that many beggars(except outside mosque after Friday prayer).

Although these days there seems to be some lady "Shapuri" threatening you to give money. I've had bad experience with them. But yeah, number of beggars have significantly gone down. Hopefully will continue to do so.

There are still many beggers. But based on my own experience their number has been gradually going down since the last decade. Back 2003-4 whenever you were to go outside you'd meet a beggar in every 5-10 minutes. Now fast forward to 2015(Last time I was in Bangladesh) you won't see that many beggars(except outside mosque after Friday prayer).

Although these days there seems to be some lady "Shapuri" threatening you to give money. I've had bad experience with them. But yeah, number of beggars have significantly gone down. Hopefully will continue to do so.
hijras are big problem in bangladesh... those terrorists threathen to create a scene for 10 taka... pfft

personally compared to my time living in bangladesh (2001-2004) beggars are less now.

hijras are big problem in bangladesh... those terrorists threathen to create a scene for 10 taka... pfft
Well, what can they do? They are not accepted in our society. And no chance of any sort of employment for them.They gotta eat too.

personally compared to my time living in bangladesh (2001-2004) beggars are less now.

Well, what can they do? They are not accepted in our society. And no chance of any sort of employment for them.They gotta eat too.
are they transgenders or what? some indian friends of mine say they are actually men with micropenis...!?

how is it trolling? if bd is doing something better... there must be specific plans/actions that goes behind it, right?

According to This WB report - Strong Public-PVT relationships with NGOs working in micro level. Allow BRAC to work and see the magic

According to This WB report - Strong Public-PVT relationships with NGOs working in micro level. Allow BRAC to work and see the magic

we got many NGOs too.. not sure what they do though, many are fake and pocket the money that they get.

You probably never lived in Bangladesh. 15 years back beggars used to knock at the door continuously in Fridays. Now Beggars rarely visit Homes. At least There is none knocking in my house. You will only see cripples begging in footpath .

Last edited:
how is it trolling? if bd is doing something better... there must be specific plans/actions that goes behind it, right?
i thought you was being sarcastic and using dark humor... carry on mate.

You probably never lived in Bangladesh. 15 years back beggars used to knock at the door continuously in Fridays. Now Beggars rarely visit Homes. At least There is none knocking in my house. You will only see cripples begging in footpath .
i studied in assembly of god's church school in moghbazar and was nearly going to be enrolled in a cadet school before moving back to kuwait on 2005...
yes what you say is right... but i havent only seen the crippled beg... i have seen able bodied women and men beg in front of mosque... also anywhere near, around wari... in center of moghbazar... there are beggars.. also in gulshan albiet rarely because of the police action.

i thought you was being sarcastic and using dark humor... carry on mate.

i studied in assembly of god's church school in moghbazar and was nearly going to be enrolled in a cadet school before moving back to kuwait on 2005...
yes what you say is right... but i havent only seen the crippled beg... i have seen able bodied women and men beg in front of mosque... also anywhere near, around wari... in center of moghbazar... there are beggars.. also in gulshan albiet rarely because of the police action.

These are major crossroads of Dhaka. A city of millions, You wont be able to get rid of beggars so soon, not everyone has oil money. Do you know their earning in major places of Dhaka?? Could be 10,000 a day.

Watch, They even get training from India and earns equal of well educated people. @Mohammed Khaled

These are major crossroads of Dhaka. A city of millions, You wont be able to get rid of beggars so soon, not everyone has oil money. Do you know their earning in major places of Dhaka?? Could be 10,000 a day.

Watch, They even get training from India and earns equal of well educated people. @Mohammed Khaled

dont have to insult someone on net talking about oil money, i dont own a oil rig.
i have already mentioned that... most of them begs because it earnss them more than an ordinary job.

Back
Top Bottom