What's new

Bangladesh's Cox’s Bazar: A paradise being lost?

Cox's Bazar would not be the place I would go to for a sun filled, enjoyable holiday.

It looks like its in the middle of a swamp. And the sand is too wet.

Actually, you have wrong impression of Cox's Bazar, it has green rolling hill on the east and ocean in the west. Not many beaches can boast such beautiful natural settings. If landscaped and managed properly this could be world class resort. Still lot of work to do. Besides, if one goes to Cox's bazar there are many other opportunity like hiking, getting taste of different culture including Burmese one. You can travel to coral island Saint martin etc. If you want to get close to people and nature this is one of the place to visit.

Yep, a lot of work to do to be a truly world-class tourist destination.

Did I mention that it also happens to be the world's safest? No sharks! :no:

Yep, a lot of work to do to be a truly world-class tourist destination.

Did I mention that it also happens to be the world's safest? No sharks! :no:

Well BD would be morons if they do not develop this natural wonder to it's absolute potential. It is simply free money for relatively little upfront cost.

The fact that it has no sharks should make the place a little more attractive.:lol:

Well yu cant say which part is what class. YOu just impose a higher entry fee to that area which will drive away the unwanted cheap people

No classes, one part with higher opportunities of entertainment one with not, if they can afford it then they will join it

Which of you has ever visited the St.Martin's Island ?

almost all of us. why??

Pakistan doesn't have any coral Islands , hell we dont even have a proper Island easily accessible in the whole country with so much diversity :lol: Just sandy beaches , nothing like the white sand I love ... Lets just say I envy you :D ... I saw the pics and they looked beautiful to me :)

Pakistan doesn't have any coral Islands , hell we dont even have a proper Island easily accessible in the whole country with so much diversity :lol: Just sandy beaches , nothing like the white sand I love ... Lets just say I envy you :D ... I saw the pics and they looked beautiful to me :)

yes i was going to write it here when someone wrote above coxs' Bazar is crowded and dirty...

I follow travel forums where foreigners write about their experience..... Most of them do think that Cox's Bazar is crowded but they never forget to praise saint martins'

399200_439271886140692_1619878257_n.jpg

154636_439270179474196_1641506079_n.jpg

422967_298505373550678_2078642786_n.jpg

421897_299139880153894_736897891_n.jpg

430070_299143086820240_1146222351_n.jpg

You are welcome here anytime ;) @kobiraaz bhai will personally take you there :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Cox's Bazar still little known to foreigners and not dayviewed to travel channels yet Tamil presumably an indian (Ethirajan Anbarasan) already at work to label Cox's Bazar as lost cause. Please, see the Ethirajan Anbarasan profile at BBC

Ethirajan Anbarasan

Ethirajan Anbarasan, works as a radio/online producer for the BBC Tamil Service. He regularly writes for BBC News Online on South Asian issues. Prior to joining the BBC, he has worked for the UNESCO in Paris.

BBC World Service | World Stories

Cox's Bazar still little known to foreigners and not dayviewed to travel channels yet Tamil presumably an indian (Ethirajan Anbarasan) already at work to label Cox's Bazar as lost cause. Please, see the Ethirajan Anbarasan profile at BBC

Ethirajan Anbarasan

Ethirajan Anbarasan, works as a radio/online producer for the BBC Tamil Service. He regularly writes for BBC News Online on South Asian issues. Prior to joining the BBC, he has worked for the UNESCO in Paris.

pls stop your unhealthy obsession with india/indians. kthxbye

Ethirajan Anbarasan

Cox's Bazar or infact the whole country is overcrowded. We dont need more people from outside to make it more miserable.

Cox's Bazar or infact the whole country is overcrowded. We dont need more people from outside to make it more miserable.

Cox's Bazar area is not as cowded as rest of the country. In fact this is one of the thinly populated area. The reason Cox's Bazar feels crowded because current hotel motel zone is concentrated in 3 (Kolatoli) blocks facing only very small strech of beach. Compare to long streach of beach still unused. That may will change in near future as Inanni developmnets are also going on just 35-40 minutes from Cox's Bazar. And as per master plan at least 3 other area of beach will be developed. At some point concentrated crowd could spread around and along with improved communication, environment could be more hospitable. As for foreign tourist, that is necessary for additional foreign exchange earning, no country specially Bangladesh should not ignore such opportunity.

It's good that the beach is not developed enough. Otherwise bikini clad women will throng the beaches and islamic culture lost !!

Back
Top Bottom