What's new

Bangladeshis hold mass prayer to support Blasphemy laws

Such stupidity. Bangladesh deserves all the troubles that Allah will send to it if it misunderstands His priorities!!!

As they say: Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

In this case, religion is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

The anti Razkaar (people who perpetrated and helped teh rapine and genocide of the Bengalis in 1971) sentiment is sought to be painted as anti Islam to find wider legitimacy.

It failed in 1971 and I hope it fails now. BD is passing through a trying moment in history and I hope it finds it soul and its meaning as a nation and emerges stronger.

Blasphemy laws will be a stupid idea.Our atheist community mainly operates through the internet. BTRC should form a cell and regulate the blogs!

When HC send directive to BTRC it did not take any action on these atheist and not hindu man on the top to bottom of BTRC will take action. Sheesh....Awami League along with with atheist and indian support line has to taken apart.

When HC send directive to BTRC it did not take any action on these atheist and not hindu man on the top to bottom of BTRC will take action. Sheesh....Awami League along with with atheist and indian support line has to taken apart.

One word-Army!

As they say: Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

In this case, religion is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

The anti Razkaar (people who perpetrated and helped teh rapine and genocide of the Bengalis in 1971) sentiment is sought to be pained as anti Islam to find wider legitimacy.

It failed in 1971 and I hope it fails now. BD is passing through a trying moment in history and I hope it finds it soul and its meaning as a nation and emerges stronger.

You do not understand.One party was responsible for the rape and genocide-Jamat.We cannot ban all other religious parties because of them!The problem is 'The anti-*******'s' have turned into 'Anti-Islam'.If they stayed true to their cause I'm sure other Islamic parties would have supported them!

These are growing signs of intolerance in BD. The political masters have used religion to come to power. The common people initially support such religious people, soon some of them will get out of control. I will not be surprised if BD will be next Pakistan.

The Islamist want to force their religion on others, why should believing in their god should be mandated in constitution? So it means what they think about god is right and everyone else is simply wrong. These Blasphemy laws are just made to harass people of other faith and make them convert to avoid persecution. Why do you think that when nuts who are willing to kill people at drop of hat in name of Islam, will need such laws (Pakistan).
Islam is not in danger, but because of these kind of Islamist rest are in danger. I do not see any hope since even literate do not allow people of other religion to live in peace.

This is all side effect of 1947 when hate was instilled into people for personal gains.

You do not understand.One party was responsible for the rape and genocide-Jamat.We cannot ban all other religious parties because of them!The problem is 'The anti-*******'s' have turned into 'Anti-Islam'.If they stayed true to their cause I'm sure other Islamic parties would have supported them!

I am not sure of this. In fact I think quite the opposite.

Of course, the secular or atheist part of the population may also be part of this movement, I don't think an "anti Islamic" movement can find this kind of support in a country like BD.

These are growing signs of intolerance in BD. The political masters have used religion to come to power. The common people initially support such religious people, soon some of them will get out of control. I will not be surprised if BD will be next Pakistan.

The Islamist want to force their religion on others, why should believing in their god should be mandated in constitution? So it means what they think about god is right and everyone else is simply wrong. These Blasphemy laws are just made to harass people of other faith and make them convert to avoid persecution. Why do you think that when nuts who are willing to kill people at drop of hat in name of Islam, will need such laws (Pakistan).
Islam is not in danger, but because of these kind of Islamist rest are in danger. I do not see any hope since even literate do not allow people of other religion to live in peace.

This is all side effect of 1947 when hate was instilled into people for personal gains.

Please don't dump indian garbage which has no relation with reality in Bangladesh.It had been india and its stooge Awami league trying to impose indian branded "secularism" over majority Muslim population to establish indian and hindu supremacy. Indian and Awami League attempt to use hindus as shield for their genicide and killing is nothing new. But people in Bangladesh and elsewhere are more aware of indian and Awami League genocide and ploy to use hindus as shield.

While I appreciate the sentiments against Hasina who should probably stripped off her BD nationality - I cannot in good conscience ever support Blasphemy laws. Once they are in, removing them constitutionally may be extremely difficult.

I am not sure of this. In fact I think quite the opposite.

Of course, the secular or atheist part of the population may also be part of this movement, I don't think an "anti Islamic" movement can find this kind of support in a country like BD.

It is losing support.They have not been able to hold any mass rally lately.People have simply stopped talking about them.Atheists and secularists always falsely claim that we fought for secularism in 1971.The reality is we didn't. We created Pakistan for a reason.We separated for a reason.Secularism has nothing to do with it.When people initially went into the protest their claim was hanging of Rajakars. Then the organizers called for banning Jamat.People hesitated whether it would be ok or not but they supported it.Many Islamists supported them. But after that the organizers called for banning all religious parties and held a religious funeral for a self proclaimed atheist(anti-Islamic one).That's when they messed up and started loosing support.Jamaat is not an issue here.I do not support blasphemy law and you can openly criticize us.But,when it turns to mockery in a Muslim majority country it has to be with!

Ok, have the Blasphemy law, but apply it to any muslim who desecrates hindu beliefs also. not one sided like Pakistan.

Its surprise that most pakistani friend are against Blasphemy law whereas BD members are for it. May be they have suffered its effect. bangladesh has to decide their future- Pakistan/Afganistan or Turkey.
I think most BD members here wants 1st one...

Blasphemy laws are more dangerous and troublesome than its worth.

I have read about some islamic scholars born some 1000 years back, who had questioned about the existence of God and thought theortically and Practically, instead of blindly following faith. I forgot his name( i read about him in pdf only), think he is arab or on Baghdad, but he was neither hunted or cursed by people. Its just the freedom of expression was there, before 1000 years. But where it is now?
Its decreasing say by day, not only in BD, but in all South Asian nations.

Bengalis... need to stop running after the perpetrators and need to focus on master minds and we all the master minds of anarchy in whole region from Afghanistan to Srilanka!

Muslims are under attack everywhere. Or is it that that Muslims are rising from their slumber?

I hope blasphemy laws don't come into effect , It will certainly end up causing Huge social problems ...

It is losing support.They have not been able to hold any mass rally lately.People have simply stopped talking about them.Atheists and secularists always falsely claim that we fought for secularism in 1971.The reality is we didn't. We created Pakistan for a reason.We separated for a reason.Secularism has nothing to do with it.When people initially went into the protest their claim was hanging of Rajakars. Then the organizers called for banning Jamat.People hesitated whether it would be ok or not but they supported it.Many Islamists supported them. But after that the organizers called for banning all religious parties and held a religious funeral for a self proclaimed atheist(anti-Islamic one).That's when they messed up and started loosing support.Jamaat is not an issue here.I do not support blasphemy law and you can openly criticize us.But,when it turns to mockery in a Muslim majority country it has to be with!

You are right. Due to some stupid a** hole Jamatis able to paint whole shahbagh movement as anti islam. If some of the organizer were/are atheist they should be happy with it but should not demand banning of religious parties. Even in USA religion plays a big role in the politics. In Bangladesh there are many people who does not pray 5 times a day but if Islam is at the core of them and no one gonna seat if there are attack on muslim/islam. It is quite evident that in a country where 90% people are muslim no one can erase Islam from it but due to some losers Jamaat able to utilize that Shahbagh movement is an attack on islam.

These Hefazat-E-Islam to me a well planned and funded movement. It just have not appeared from no where. It has a huge backing. For the sack of security of the country it is necessary to find the sources of support of it.

Going after atheists will give them more attention.Let them protest all they want.They can't get any religious parties banned(I wouldn't mind if Jamat is banned)!If we stop looking they will gradually fade away as they have already started to(Look at shahbagh now).Give em a month or two and you won't hear about them in any talk shows or news!

No we can't let them protest against our religion in a country where 90% Muslims live. Are you insane? that is a very good step towards BAKSAL part 2. Why? mama bari abdar naki? they need to taste their own medicine :woot:

Back
Top Bottom