What's new

Bangladeshi MPs blame India for illegal infiltration to northeast

kobiraaz

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
A 12-member delegation of Bangladeshi MPs Saturday blamed the Indian government for not taking up with Dhaka the issue of illegal migration from the country to Assam and other northeast India states.

The statement by the visiting delegation of Bangladeshi parliamentarians at a press conference here assumes significance at a time when protests are on across the state over the issue of illegal infiltration from Bangladesh and the fact that the neighbouring country often refuses to accept the illegal immigrants after they are pushed back by India.

The delegation of MPs from different political parties added that Dhaka would never endorse illegal immigration.

"We will never accept illegal migration. In fact, the word itself is illegal," Toffail Ahmed of the Awami League said. He added: "We will examine the issue if India takes it up with us".

The delegation, however, said that the issue of illegal immigration would never affect the bilateral relation between the two countries.

"Common border management' would help solve the problem of illegal migration," said M.K. Anwar, a member of the delegation and a member of the opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP).

The delegation said Bangladesh also touched upon the issue of northeastern insurgents using the Bangladeshi soil and said that the country wouldn't allow its soil to be used by the militants of India's northeast.

"Our prime minister (Sheikh Hasina) made a commitment to India and she has fulfilled it," Anwar said.

"Bangladesh has taken a very strong stand against the insurgents. (After the crackdown by Dhaka), there is currently not a single militant of the northeast in Bangladesh," he said and added that discussions were on as regard the issue of the extradition of arrested United Liberation Front of Asom leader Anup Chetia.

The delegation said issues such as Teesta water sharing and the Tipaimukh dam could be resolved through bilateral negotiations.

Earlier in the day, members of the delegation visited the memorial of legendary singer-composer Bhupen Hazarika and paid their homage. The team would meet Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi Sunday before flying back to Dhaka the next day.

Bangladesh News - Bangladeshi MPs blame India for illegal infiltration to northeast

well till we have AL-kongress in power illegal bd migration to india is welcome.

well till we have AL-kongress in power illegal bd migration to india is welcome.

Or for that matter votebank politics of secular traitors who rely on demographic alterations to ensure power in their hands. That's the problem. Migration will automatically stop if our foolish fellow countrymen stop giving power to treacherous ultra-liberals who believe in crap like "borderless world" and nonsense which allows fanatics from across the border and change the composition of our already disturbed area.

dont worry kangress gonna get kicked out next elections ... very high chance of 3rd front forming a govt at the centre with mulayam ji or mamta di as PM ...

dont worry kangress gonna get kicked out next elections ... very high chance of 3rd front forming a govt at the centre with mulayam ji or mamta di as PM ...

:angry: r u crazy? mulla-yam is worst then al-kongress.

Most travel not because of illegal immigration rather cattle trading. There is a penalty for doing illegal business, such as jail sentencing and death is not one of them. At times, this posts make me lost faith in humanity, or true consequences if India does ever become one of the regional powers. Some day, I hope some this indians get to feel how it feel when their illegal immigrants(which is possibly in hundreds of thousands) in western countries are shot in the head.

Most travel not because of illegal immigration rather cattle trading.

Not true. While there is a significant amount of illegal smugglers that smuggle cross-border as you mentioned, there are many illegal Bangladeshis in India, working labour jobs in cities like Delhi/Mumbai. There are a number of very good documentaries and reliable news reports that I can present to you that show illegal Bangladeshis living in India, and involved in a variety of jobs ranging from labour to even the black market stuff like prostitution.

But I agree with your post that there needs to be a better mechanism to deal with the problem of illegal migrants. Nothing against Bangladeshis, but we Indians have our own set of problems, and really do not want an extra load of people to feed and give jobs to.

Most travel not because of illegal immigration rather cattle trading. There is a penalty for doing illegal business, such as jail sentencing and death is not one of them.

Not logical. Even if I were to agree with the basic premise of your post, why do you think that anyone should ask a "criminal" what price he is willing to pay for a crime? Saudi Arabia chops of people's heads for some darn silly reasons, no one seems to suggest that Saudi Arabia change its laws to accommodate the "criminals". Why don't you just see this as a crazy law made by Indians and stay on the right side of the border to avoid the consequences of the "crazy" law? Btw, even with the fear of death, so many from BD seem willing to risk it, can you imagine what will happen if that fear was removed?

I'm all for joint border management & cooperating with the authorities in BD to stop people from illegally crossing over and thereby preventing the tragedies that occur far too routinely.

Not logical. Even if I were to agree with the basic premise of your post, why do you think that anyone should ask a "criminal" what price he is willing to pay for a crime? Saudi Arabia chops of people's heads for some darn silly reasons, no one seems to suggest that Saudi Arabia change its laws to accommodate the "criminals". Why don't you just see this as a crazy law made by Indians and stay on the right side of the border to avoid the consequences of the "crazy" law? Btw, even with the fear of death, so many from BD seem willing to risk it, can you imagine what will happen if that fear was removed?

I'm all for joint border management & cooperating with the authorities in BD to stop people from illegally crossing over and thereby preventing the tragedies that occur far too routinely.

You don't really know a lot about migration history and its natural order, do you? It is only natural that people migrate as they have throughout history and putting a price on their head will not stop it. Moreover, most of this so called illegal immigration is due to cattle trading and Hindu in Bangladesh who have family members in India. I am all for secured border and India is within its rights to stop illegal immigration or even stop illegal cattle trading, but not through bullets.
Look at the case of Rohingyas. Even the most demonic and brutral regime in Bangladesh led by Awami league, did not resort to measures you are suggesting. As per your logic, if "poor, uncivilized" Bangladesh can accomodate and take care of illegal rohingyas diplomatically, why can't the so called mighty India deal with you what you refer as "illegal, poor bangladeshis" according to the book of law.
To come your 3rd argument, Saudi is a brutal regime, known for its negligence to human rights. And, I along with many others systematically and routinely condemn what the Saudi govt has done to citizens of other countries. Is that the path democratic India wants to go for?
Lastly, if India is to become a regional power in the sometime future as some economists are predicting, is this the sort of relationship you would want to have with your neigbours? Mind you, diplomatically Bangladesh and India have very well tied.

You don't really know a lot about migration history and its natural order, do you? It is only natural that people migrate as they have throughout history and putting a price on their head will not stop it. Moreover, most of this so called illegal immigration is due to cattle trading and Hindu in Bangladesh who have family members in India. I am all for secured border and India is within its rights to stop illegal immigration or even stop illegal cattle trading, but not through bullets.
Look at the case of Rohingyas. Even the most demonic and brutral regime in Bangladesh led by Awami league, did not resort to measures you are suggesting. As per your logic, if "poor, uncivilized" Bangladesh can accomodate and take care of illegal rohingyas diplomatically, why can't the so called mighty India deal with you what you refer as "illegal, poor bangladeshis" according to the book of law.
To come your 3rd argument, Saudi is a brutal regime, known for its negligence to human rights. And, I along with many others systematically and routinely condemn what the Saudi govt has done to citizens of other countries. Is that the path democratic India wants to go for?
Lastly, if India is to become a regional power in the sometime future as some economists are predicting, is this the sort of relationship you would want to have with your neigbours? Mind you, diplomatically Bangladesh and India have very well tied.
What are you blabbering about??

No Muslim Bengali bangladeshi in their sane mind will go to India for getting paid half the money they get in Bangldesh.\

Its mostly Biharis and Hindus who went to India as that is their sacret land. Why do we care?

I am with our MPs, calling legitimate Indias as ILLEGAL is illegal itself.

God speed... Huu.. laa.. lia... ;)

Yupz, they are the PM's we wanted right now.. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom