What's new

Bangladesh welcomes India's one billion dollar aid

According to media reports, Indian officials said that New Delhi would not have any objection to the diversion of its $1.0 billion credit line for constructing the Padma Bridge as the World Bank scrapped a loan deal exposing the project to a difficult state.

Is it aid or is it a line of credit? The test says a line of credit while the headline screams aid. Which is which?

Lol! you just called your countryman a false flagger...anyway continue with the a$$ kissing :lol:
It's not about kissing someone's ***. It's about maintaining decorum. Here most of Bengali posters doesn't represent majority of Bangla people neither many of them are Bangla resident at all. They are just bunch of false flagger Who keep creating new profile just to bash India. And 1 more thing there many enemy of India who claim to be Indian but by reading there post you can understand very well that who they are. They only two things. Making derogatory comments against our friendly countries & governments. And they create confusion among Indians. I can see this right into your eyes. I don't need to sit in front of you for that. Just compare my posts with all your posts. Now bug off.:wave:

world -> aid to india -> india to bangladesh and africa and afghan.-> per capita of india 1500$ :crazy:

Now who is this Anwar Hussain? A quick google search showed a man sitting with Awami parliament member! And he is thanking india for the aid! Ah yeah all that makes sense

Why that hatred towards India , care to explain ... Dont you want a friendly relationship with India too ? I surely would like to improve trade and bilateral relationship with BD ... dont get disillusionised by what hawks on both sides say or do ... together there is lot that can be achieved by us!

Is it aid or is it a line of credit? The test says a line of credit while the headline screams aid. Which is which?
It depends on you how you want to see it. India gives money to Bangladesh. Bangladesh invests in creating infrastructure & services & earns more money by using to aid. Now when its has sufficient money it pays back slowly-2 and that too on meager interest like 1 to 2%. Sometimes Indian government converts the given aid(full or partial) into kind of donation,help where Bangladesh doesn't have to return a single penny. Hope you understood it well. It's a win-2 situation for both countries. India wins hearts, neighbor support, cooperation among both country. Bangladesh gets infrastructure without spending a penny(hope you understand how), friendly neighbor, conducive environment. :kiss3:

It depends on you how you want to see it. India gives money to Bangladesh. Bangladesh invests in creating infrastructure & services & earns more money by using to aid. Now when its has sufficient money it pays back slowly-2 and that too on meager interest like 1 to 2%. Sometimes Indian government converts the given aid(full or partial) into kind of donation,help where Bangladesh doesn't have to return a single penny. Hope you understood it well. It's a win-2 situation for both countries. India wins hearts, neighbor support, cooperation among both country. Bangladesh gets infrastructure without spending a penny(hope you understand how), friendly neighbor, conducive environment. :kiss3:

LOL China is the same country who had given you 10 or 5 million dollar even less then india's 25 million dollar aid, leave USA's 100 million during the flood crises...

Are you talking about the aid for the flood? if so, 5 million was merely emergency relief aid. There was also a 200 million reconstruction aid, which was anounced by Premier Wen Jiabao at the UN. Get your facts right before mouthing off.

This has been discussed in many threads, it is a credit line (it is not a grant, currently the interest rate is 1.75%/year compounded) that was approved for infrastructure projects that are mainly on the transit/corridor route India wants over Bangladesh to its North East states. Also it is for buying Indian products such as trucks, buses, locomotives etc.

After World Bank cancelled the funding for this project, due to corruption by Awami League govt. led by Hasina, China expressed interest to help in the Padma Bridge project with a $2 billion interest free loan and building the bridge. India also then declared that money remaining in this credit line can be used for constructing this bridge. The total cost of the bridge is $2.9 billion.

Padma Bridge is one of the main bridges that will connect the South-west of Bangladesh to Dhaka and it will help with Indian transit/corridor plan to North East states of India.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...se-co-comes-up-new-proposal-padma-bridge.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...-soften-terms-conditions-its-credit-line.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...e-off-200-million-line-credit-bangladesh.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...execution-two-river-transit-page-ranking.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...fers-another-1-billion-credit-bangladesh.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...h-abandon-8-projects-under-indian-credit.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...0-million-infrastructure-loan-bangladesh.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/155072-here-goes-half-indian-1-billion-dustbin.html

I can see this right into your eyes. I don't need to sit in front of you for that. Just compare my posts with all your posts. Now bug off.:wave:
LOL! Neither do you represent Indian people :flame:

*looks at the join date* :x

Are you talking about the aid for the flood? if so, 5 million was merely emergency relief aid. There was also a 200 million reconstruction aid, which was anounced by Premier Wen Jiabao at the UN. Get your facts right before mouthing off.

lol prove it with link...

lol prove it with link...

ISLAMABAD - China has pledged to give an additional assistance of $200 million to flooded Pakistan, totaling China's aid to $250 million, its largest-ever humanitarian aid to a foreign country, the Chinese embassy in Islamabad said Thursday.

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao announced the aid at a UN summit in New York on Wednesday, said Huang Xilian, the embassy spokesman.

He said China will provide the unconditional aid in accordance to the need of Pakistan to help in the efforts of flood rescue, relief and reconstruction.

China is one of the first countries providing aid to Pakistan in the immediate aftermath of the historic floods hitting a major part of the country since late July. The first batch of aid from the Chinese government, decided on August 1, was handed over to Pakistan on August 4.

Social organizations, enterprises, individuals from China and the Chinese people in Pakistan have been voluntarily lending a helping hand to the Pakistani people by making donations in cash or in kind.

China sent two international search and rescue teams to the worst-hit Thatta district in southern Sindh, and the Chinese army sent a 68-member medical team to Sehwan of Sindh and a 64-member rescue team with four helicopters to Hyderabad.

Huang said it is the first time that China sent out overseas so many rescue and medical teams in its history and it is the first time that Chinese military helicopters carry out an overseas humanitarian rescue and relief mission.

It is also the first time that China sent a large amount of aid to the neighbor via land route as 101 Chinese trucks reached Sust Dry Port via Khunjerab Pass by land on September 1, loaded with daily necessities including flour and oil for the stranded people in Hunza area, north Pakistan.

The two-month flooding along the Indus River in Pakistan has left 1,800 people killed, over 20 million affected and millions homeless. China will continue to closely follow the flood situation and provide further support to Pakistan, the embassy said

China pledges its biggest-ever aid to Pakistan

LOL! Neither do you represent Indian people :flame:

*looks at the join date* :x
Please accept my apology. I was wrong because I am just confused here who is Indian & who is not after seeing their posts. I agree that your post doesn't include anything like that.
2nd thing neither I am interested in representing India,nor I am bully. In reality I am just opposite of what you think about me.
Actually my biggest worry was that this kind of hide & seek behind enemy flag was going to create confusion among Indian posters. Looks like I am confused right now. But rest assured this will not happen again.
Again sorry right from heart.:cry:

Back
Top Bottom