What's new

[Bangladesh] Trade Gap with Delhi Increases to $2.91 billion

I wl change my opinion if you give details about the products and how successful they are in global market. Except jute and agro and other food product I have not heard of anything. Garments may be another one.

I do not think you are an importer and Iajdai is a marketing officer for his company. Why do you want all those details from him? Come and visit BD when there are trade fairs. You will get many information. Or you can visit our High Commission Office and get a lot of information.

as far as china is concerned, they have trade surplus with almost all the countries, we have huge deficit. talk to them, they also have a huge market

Studying Eco nowadays - don't worry. And I did not tell anything which can make you think about my IQ. Your reply was not to the point. I just compared the length of list of bad quality products that go to PK and BD. Definitely you substandard CNG-Autos, Cabs, fertilizers, phensidyl and so on do not go to PK. It's us who get these junks from India. I did not say about the demand of your standard and substandard products in here. Unfortunately for our poor policy we have to use these. But let us connect to Burma and China- then our demand for your both quality and poor quality products will fall soon. And you told about my inferiority complex - why on earth I will feel like that for Indian products, you no need to think about me beyond what I do not think. I am just frustrated about BD's politics and AL.

So basically two points:

• Your country (industry) is unable to produce even substandard goods,thats why you are forced to buy goods from India.
  • And the cause of this problem is the poor policies of your own government.

So my question is,why blaming India...when you yourselves are not helping your cause?

Well you can take our Garments and we need 100% quota free, then cosmetics, furnitures, pharmaceuticals, bicycle, motor cycle, ships, cements, jutes, footwear, processed food, electronics, toys, batteries, tyres, glass, pvc, plastics etc. We want our product to enter Indian market without any obstacle the same way Indian products come to Bangladesh.

hi,

All the products you mentioned are also produced in India so there is a sense in trying to protect our own industry.

On the contrary does BD has its own huge car-building industry,heavy engineering industry,chemical industry..?

If not ,,,then either you have the choice of buying our products on our conditions or you are free to buy from some one who satisfies you.

No use in cribbing when you dont have a choice.

So basically two points:

• Your country (industry) is unable to produce even substandard goods,thats why you are forced to buy goods from India.

• By the same logic of yours, even England cannot produce more than sub-standard goods. Otherwise, why cannot they export more to India? India is having a trade surplus of 3 billion with that country. So, what is your logic? Just get rid of all those unwritten rules, and see if we can export or not $3 biilion worth of goods to India.

By the same logic of yours, even England cannot produce more than sub-standard goods. Otherwise, why cannot they export more to India? India is having a trade surplus of 3 billion with that country. So, what is your logic? Just get rid of all those unwritten rules, and see if we can export or not $3 biilion worth of goods to India.
before cribbing, u didn't answer my questions. the trade surplus with england is due to IT services we provide them, major chuck comes from there. as far as BD is concerned we make all the products that BD makes. india is the largest producer of jute.

can you list out the trade restrictions that india has put on BD. Thanks.

@Bangladeshi posters,You are taliking to bunch of Indian posters who has no clue about what BD exports to what country. I know you all would say that Indians are slow, but its okay. We don't live in a perfect world.

We sure are slow, but we have a trade surplues with you, so that makes you dumb.

Talk on topic, or i think you are as for you bunch every topic is india bashing!

By the same logic of yours, even England cannot produce more than sub-standard goods. Otherwise, why cannot they export more to India? India is having a trade surplus of 3 billion with that country. So, what is your logic? Just get rid of all those unwritten rules, and see if we can export or not $3 biilion worth of goods to India.

What we export to them is mostly IT dear and the English are till now not able to replicate that same code.

They export some things to India which we cannot produce or produce to their standard and they import things that are better done by Indians.

So the answer to your question is YES.

Eastwatch,

Sorry to say only Iajdani tries to provide information that helps discussion. You are just using your big mouth for sake of using....without any contribution. Being a Bengali myself, and having several relatives in BD I do not have to work very hard to understand what is going on in BD.

You are right to say its era of open competition. At the same time the nations do follow the theory of comparative advantage. BD has its strength in some sectors and it should concentrate on that. Trying to get a foot on everything will be an insane economic policy.

http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXT...K:146736~piPK:146830~theSitePK:223547,00.html

Read the article before vomiting your biased information here.

Last edited:
before cribbing, u didn't answer my questions. the trade surplus with england is due to IT services we provide them, major chuck comes from there. as far as BD is concerned we make all the products that BD makes. india is the largest producer of jute.

can you list out the trade restrictions that india has put on BD. Thanks.

No ....he cant. He just can cry foul without backing up his claim...

Issue here is Indians always put obstacles in our goods getting foothold in the Indian market.

BD has recourse - file a complaint against India at WTO.

Why whine here!

Well you can take our Garments and we need 100% quota free, then cosmetics, furnitures, pharmaceuticals, bicycle, motor cycle, ships, cements, jutes, footwear, processed food, electronics, toys, batteries, tyres, glass, pvc, plastics etc. We want our product to enter Indian market without any obstacle the same way Indian products come to Bangladesh.

Did you say that these world class Bangladeshi products are not able to compete with inferior Indian products in Bangladeshi market earlier ?:smokin:

Can someone point out the restrictions/custom duty that India has imposed on Bangladesh? It would clear up some of the unnecessary discussion by people who understand little or no economics.

-
Thanks

Can someone point out the restrictions/custom duty that India has imposed on Bangladesh? It would clear up some of the unnecessary discussion by people who understand little or no economics.

-
Thanks
many people dont know anything about economics..they just see the figure and start jumping.... i put some questions but nobody replies. let them put some numbers, then we will talk.

many people dont know anything about economics..they just see the figure and start jumping.... i put some questions but nobody replies. let them put some numbers, then we will talk.

Yes, it seems that no one in BD can be equal to you in economics. Why you guys do not just accept that India talks something that it does not really mean. India says about putting off its UNWRITTEN restrictions that stop flowing our goods into its market.

Our quality of goods is world class. Let India remove all the restrictions, and we will show you how we outbit your goods in your own market.

Back
Top Bottom