What's new

Bangladesh to get Otokar Cobra II LAV

GET BACK ON TOPIC!

Some folks say that it's a fanboy site.

But they are pretty reliable. Not too bad in my opinion.

That site is rubbish. They said BD Army bought 79 T-84, which never happened. They also said, Bangladesh Navy bought 3 F-22B, which never happened. They said, Bangladesh Army has 1280 BTR-80. But, all other sources including Bangladesh Army itself opposed it. They said Mig-29 had been upgraded to SMT standard, but Bangladesh is still negotiating with Russia for the SMT upgrade and alternatively Belarus for BM update. They said Bangladesh is buying F/A-18 and had already sent pilots for training. But none of that happened ever.

I know how reliable that source is.

Congratz to bangladesh!
Hope the news is true!

275 cobra? thats a good number.

Where is the number 275 written?

That was unnaturally quick....weird!Since the ultimate plan is to make it the Army's general vehicle(instead of the armor-plated land cruisers) are we getting a TOT??

I'm thinking of one for my personal use after it comes on ToT you know it's safe at least against road accident :).

Bangladesh Police already operate Few Cobras. Now according to bdmilitary inside source ( reliable enough) Bangladesh Army is getting unknown number of Otokar Cobra II LAV from Turkey. The first batch is set to arrive this month.

Bangladesh Army was seeking 4x4 Armoured Vehicles for use in UNPSOs to provide fire support to infantry units. Numerous proposals were presented as options to the Army including Turkish Otokar Cobra and Ukrainian Dozor-B for example.

p_001.jpg

HIT and HMC needs to do JV with koreans or Japanese on producing Tracked and Wheeled APCs and engines too in a diesel electric mode.

bdmilitary sometimes publish rubbishes. but from some credible sources I learned BA received a fresg batch of Cobra II LAVs last December

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom