What's new

Bangladesh to become a NUCLEAR NATION within nest couple of years

Raquib

Reaction score
What´s happening in Bangladesh?
Sunita Paul published April 25, 2008Bangladesh is possibly heading towards the path of becoming the third nuclear nation in South Asia within next couple of years. It is learnt from various sources that the topic came in discussion table during close-door meeting between Chinese foreign minister Yang Jiechi, who visited Bangladesh on four day tour and Iftekhar Ahmed Chowdhury, foreign advisor in Dhaka military backed regime.

On this Friday, the Bangladeshi foreign affairs adviser, Iftekhar Ahmed Chowdhury, said Bangladesh and China could build peaceful nuclear power cooperation on the China-Pakistan model as China wanted to get involved in Rooppur nuclear power plant.

Iftekhar said Bangladesh and China are partners in the new Asian Age and the visit of Chinese foreign minister would further cement this relationship.

´Our friendship is rooted in history, but like all friendship relationships between nations have also to be renewed and reinvigorated from time to time, and this visit was an occasion to do just that,´ the foreign adviser stated.

He added: ´We discussed regional and international politics as well. I´ve explained to him the warmth of our relations with India and Pakistan, and the growing cooperation with all SAARC countries. Very importantly, we´ve talked about going ahead with the idea of a tripartite understanding among Bangladesh, Myanmar and China regarding a road linkage, something that I had raised with him earlier at a bilateral meeting in Manila.´

He concluded: ´We both recognized that in the dawning of this New Asian Age we both have responsibilities. We must bring our peoples a much better quality of life as we are doing. We must provide each other mutual help. A new chapter in the history of the world has begun.´

Meanwhile, the Chinese foreign minister The Chinese foreign minister, Yang Jiechi said military to military cooperation is an important part of overall bilateral relation between Bangladesh and China. Jiechi, who met the army chief, General Moeen U Ahmed, in the morning, made the remark to journalists prior to his departure for Pakistan ending a 2-day official visit.

During the meeting, they discussed exchange of training programs of military personnel of the two countries. Jiechi conveyed greetings of the Chinese defense minister to General Moeen U Ahmed.

Now, let us make a complete review of the just concluded tour of the Chinese foreign minister to Bangladesh. There are a number of points, which many would take into serious consideration for many obvious reasons. Number one is of course, Dhaka-Beijing agreement in beginning nuclear cooperation. Although it was kept secret from the press, it is greatly rumored in Dhaka that the present military emergency government in Dhaka has already signed an Memorandum of Understanding with China for China´s cooperation in nuclear sector. Although the agreement shows the very innocent face of nuclear power station, but it is always understood that Bangladesh surely is now going towards becoming the third nuclear nation in South Asia. And of course, there is no crime for Bangladesh in having that as both India and Pakistan are already having the same power and now possibly non-nuclear nations will live like subordinates within the region. As a sovereign nation Bangladesh can always attain nuclear power. But, there is possibly some problems. First of all, China is one of those countries, which is providing instigations and assistance to almost all the anti-American nations in the world, either with nuclear technology or with other technologies. Take the example of North Korea, a country isolated from the world for years. China is doing everything possible in keeping the economy of North Korea alive and it is known to all that Chinese lands are being used by the North Koreans for business and many other purposes. Although China enjoys maximum benefit from its export trade to United States, this country is possibly one of those beneficiaries from USA, which does everything, which goes against Washington.

American Chronicle | What´s happening in Bangladesh?

I really hope Bangladesh doesn't go nuclear. The military is strong in Bangladesh, they will go for nuclear weapons, which will bring about a lot of sanctions.

I really hope Bangladesh doesn't go nuclear. The military is strong in Bangladesh, they will go for nuclear weapons, which will bring about a lot of sanctions.

Well God bless Bangladesh but no offence i think they need to feed there people first before making nukes !!i wish Bangladesh all the best :tup:

Well God bless Bangladesh but no offence i think they need to feed there people first before making nukes !!i wish Bangladesh all the best :tup:

You're right, we don't need nukes, but Bangladesh is the only South Asian nation and I think the only Muslim nation who has the green light from the International community to acquire nuclear technology for energy.

If the post is intended towards WMD , then we all must know that Bangladesh is a signatory of the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and has signed and ratified the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty.
Since 1965, Bangladesh has planned to build a nuclear reactor at Rooppur to address its constant shortcomings of electricity. First, Westinghouse was to build it then Canada, the Soviet Union, France and even Saudi Arabia has been involved in the reactor project. In 1997 the World Bank refused to nance the project. The IAEA is willing to provide consultancy in the installation and operation of a nuclear reactor at the Rooppur plant. The A 300 MWe PWR plant is expected to commence operation in 2009.

Bangladesh will use it for electricity as we might run out of gas within two decades if new sources are not discovered.

Well, nukes are one of the cheapest energy source, so your ananolgy does not really fly here. Another thing, hard to imagine when PK or IND people always mention Bangladesh poor, feed people, these sort of stuffs.. Do they feel good about it?? They always try to put up an impression that, their people are well fed.. and all the Nangas live in Bangladesh...

Get out of your clumsy mind people...
Do some soul searching and then make these comments on Bangladesh... BullShit..

PK or IND people always mention Bangladesh poor, feed people, these sort of stuffs.. Do they feel good about it?? BullShit..
Yeah that I heard often, and that Bengalis are short and dark skin....wtf, I'm taller than 98% of all Desis and lighter than most Desis period. They always frown whenever they hear anything related to Bengalis.

But you know what it's good in a way, that way no one would keep an eye out of Bangladeshis as we secretly rise, insh'Allah.

GOOD LUCK FOLKS. Time for South Asia to go for more industrialization and get the technology implemented.

Yeah that I heard often, and that Bengalis are short and dark skin....wtf, I'm taller than 98% of all Desis and lighter than most Desis period. They always frown whenever they hear anything related to Bengalis.

But you know what it's good in a way, that way no one would keep an eye out of Bangladeshis as we secretly rise, insh'Allah.

And whats wrong with short or darker skin..
I am neither of them but I am skinier than lizard :chilli:

And whats wrong with short or darker skin..
I am neither of them but I am skinier than lizard :chilli:

nothing wrong, i have a lot of cousins who are short and dark but I don't understand why others show it as an inferior thing.

nothing wrong, i have a lot of cousins who are short and dark but I don't understand why others show it as an inferior thing.

Well this is off topic, but I am too compelled to write this.
You know once darker skin used to be considered as the measure of beauty. You should find most of the archeological statues were made of Black stone. But when Firingi's (Gora) took over sub continent, people started thinking lighter skin is the symbol of master, and they messed that up with beauty as wall or sometimes with blue blood..
These came from severe inferiority complex.. as slaves wanted to mimic the master...
Anyways lets stop here.. I read a full historic topic on these long time ago when Fair & Love got so popularity in India..

Well this is off topic, but I am too compelled to write this.
You know once darker skin used to be considered as the measure of beauty. You should find most of the archeological statues were made of Black stone. But when Firingi's (Gora) took over sub continent, people started thinking lighter skin is the symbol of master, and they messed that up with beauty as wall or sometimes with blue blood..
These came from severe inferiority complex.. as slaves wanted to mimic the master...
Anyways lets stop here.. I read a full historic topic on these long time ago when Fair & Love got so popularity in India..

I think you will find that this racial stereotyping started long before the British (Firingi's (Gora)) arrived. The first aryans to arrive in South Asia came with Alexander the Great almost 3000 years ago. Since that time aryans have invaded frequently and the last were the British.

Bengalis can be equally racist so lets get off the BS.
I completely agree with you and want to add that we are much more emotional, sentimental, and irrational than Pakistanis in general. Our food, climate, containment by expansionist and selective knowledge are the main factors to be like that IMO.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom