What's new

Bangladesh third most power-starved country

elictircity access is one thing. actually getting is another.
eg in pak, all cities are connected to power grid. but someone needs to generate enough power.
india iss making progress on electrification. eg gujarat has 100% access. TN has almost 100% access.

UP , Bihar, orissa , assam

I have spent almost 18 years in Assam...rural places do have coverage but just having a connection isn't enough na. In rural Assam there is a saying ... well I will translate it in Hindi "Yaha bizli jaati nehi...bas kabhi kabhi aati hai"...
BTW Assam has one of the largest river in the world Barahmaputra flowing...and there are hundreds of tributary and distributary which can generate electricity to meet the requirement of the whole Eastern India..

from kendrapada. And @STEELMAN where r u from?

Nahi yaar I am from Bhilai ( c.g.) But native pace is U.P.

Very often visit to BBSR and Cuttack and rong botti is very famous and old song. Daru pee kar barat main isi gane pe nachte hain.....:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 15 million people in Pakistan not connected to the national grid? Very good news.

However, I think the figure is a lot less as too much bijli chori happens in Pakistan due to the "kunda" being used to illegally acquire electricity. This results in households not needing to register and avoid paying bills.

Only 15 million people in Pakistan not connected to the national grid? Very good news.

However, I think the figure is a lot less as too much bijli chori happens in Pakistan due to the "kunda" being used to illegally acquire electricity. This results in households not needing to register and avoid paying bills.

Rural sindh,fata,baluchistan dont even pay bills... while in kpk=kunda raj! :lol:

Bangladesh 3rd country but India is in the top of the list right?
Trying to be sarcastic? Silly lemming! Here are the statistics, where India is the 5th largest consumer of electricity in the world. We're even planning to export electricity to neighboring countries. You don't even figure in the list.

Elec_zps63fd8249.jpg

Back
Top Bottom