What's new

Bangladesh third most power-starved country

Trying to be sarcastic? Silly lemming! Here are the statistics, where India is the 5th largest consumer of electricity in the world. We're even planning to export electricity to neighboring countries. You don't even figure in the list.

Whats there to be sarcastic about?? It's clear facts.. India is worst off than Bangladesh.. I wouldn't chest beat about exporting power when nearly quarter of the population does not have electricity and ones who have has to face 6-8 hour power cuts every day.. Talk about getting priorities right

We have 77% coverage and 24/7 continued electricity in the country..Despite the Northern parts being off the national grid for 30 years because of the conflict..It's estimated in 2016 it will cover the whole country once the power infrastructure is completed there.. So we're more than happy not to be in some power export list when most of the country is in the dark

Access to electricity (% of population) in Sri Lanka

Whats there to be sarcastic about?? It's clear facts.. India is worst off than Bangladesh.. I wouldn't chest beat about exporting power when nearly quarter of the population does not have electricity and ones who have has to face 6-8 hour power cuts every day.. Talk about getting priorities right
Access to electricity (% of population) in Sri Lanka

Who told you this??

Nobody needs to tell anyone this..Wake up it's the 21st century.. Facts are there all over the internet.. Including here on the forum.. As for the 8 hour power cuts I have personal experience of it in India

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/01/w...600-million-in-india.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

India's power cuts speak of a country that is rich but fails to invest in itself | Amit Chaudhuri | Comment is free | The Guardian

Could go on..

Anyone can make stories about personal experience in India. :ashamed:

Do you even have any remote idea regarding power storage and power transmission?

Trying to be sarcastic? Silly lemming! Here are the statistics, where India is the 5th largest consumer of electricity in the world. We're even planning to export electricity to neighboring countries. You don't even figure in the list.

Elec_zps63fd8249.jpg

dude, if there is a negative thing about your country try to accept it. what's your logic in here? India may be 5th largest consumer but it's most power-starved country in the list too.

yeah, exporting electricity is good thing but when most power-starved country do that it's bit funny. I don't want to argue that it's that country's choice.

You can laugh about Sri Lanka but I have to mention, it is the only country in the region who has 24x7 electricity and 96%-98% of the citizens at the moment.

-------
@Gibbs stats are incorrect.
Electrification in SL is between 96%-98% at the moment. Northern parts are also getting electricity from the national grid now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow did not know the electricity situation was this bad in India...

What the hell the stupid congressis have done to the country, completely ruined it :hang2:

-------
Electrification in SL is between 96%-98% at the moment. Northern parts are also getting electricity from the national grid now.

Fair dinkum.. I guess the stats i posted are a couple of years old, Im sure it's more now..

It's funny how some insecure Indians react to anything minutely negative about their country even if it's true for all to see.. Either they have massive escapist ego's or massive inferiority complex..

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=electrification+rate&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CFkQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iea.org%2Fmedia%2Fweowebsite%2Fenergydevelopment%2F2012updates%2FWEO2012Electricitydatabase_WEB.xlsx&ei=wfamUaaUH5CtkgXwioGYDg&usg=AFQjCNHs5Zl7Sp6C32fcsd4MFDJT1xPKEA

Urban/Rural Electrification rate:

India:94/67
Bangladesh:82/33
Srilanka:86/75

Nobody needs to tell anyone this..Wake up it's the 21st century.. Facts are there all over the internet.. Including here on the forum.. As for the 8 hour power cuts I have personal experience of it in India

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/01/w...600-million-in-india.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

India's power cuts speak of a country that is rich but fails to invest in itself | Amit Chaudhuri | Comment is free | The Guardian

Could go on..

That was indeed any eye opener, a first actually. Hence the reason it made headlines. By the way those two links are of the same problem. My city for an example (Jaipur) had loadshedding about 5 or 6 hours a day and that was back in 2005. There is still loadshedding but it's drastically dropped to 1 or 2 hours max and that's after everyone gets off work :lol:

Back
Top Bottom