What's new

Bangladesh suffered badly during Khaleda Zia's regime

:o:

খালেদার প্রতি মিটার শাড়ি ৫০০ ডলার: মতিয়া

নিজস্ব প্রতিবেদক | আপডেট: ১৯:৪৯, এপ্রিল ০৭, ২০১৪

motia-choudhury.jpg

বিএনপির চেয়ারপারসন খালেদা জিয়া যে শিফন শাড়ি পরেন তার প্রতি মিটারের দাম ৫০০ ডলার, ব্লাউজের মজুরি ২৫ হাজার টাকা বলে মন্তব্য করেছেন কৃষিমন্ত্রী মতিয়া চৌধুরী। আজ সোমবার জাতীয় সংসদে অনির্ধারিত এক আলোচনায় অংশ নিয়ে তিনি এ মন্তব্য করেন।

একটি দৈনিক পত্রিকায় ‘অর্থের অভাবে বাড়িভাড়া দিতে পারছেন না খালেদা জিয়া’ শিরোনামে একটি প্রতিবেদন প্রকাশিত হয়। তার সূত্র ধরে কৃষিমন্ত্রী মতিয়া চৌধুরী বলেন, ‘তিনি যে শিফন শাড়ি পরেন তার এক মিটারের দাম ৫০০ ডলার। এক-একটি শাড়ির দামই চার-পাঁচ লাখ টাকা। ব্লাউজ যে বানান, তার মজুরি ২৫ হাজার টাকা। পরচুলার দাম কত, তা জানি না। যারা এর এস্তেমাল করেন তাঁরা বলতে পারবেন।’ খালেদা জিয়া বাড়িভাড়া দিতে পারেন না, এটা ‘গল্প’ বলেও তিনি মন্তব্য করেন।

মতিয়া চৌধুরী বলেন, ‘জিয়াউর রহমান মারা যাওয়ার পর খালেদা জিয়া গুলশানে দেড় বিঘা জমি পেয়েছেন। সেখানে ছয়তলা ভবন আছে। সেই ভবনে সব সুযোগসুবিধা আছে। ওই ভবন থেকে খালেদা জিয়া ভাড়া পান। তাঁর দুই ছেলে বিদেশে আছে। কথা ছিল ক্যান্টনমেন্টের বাড়ি পেলে গুলশানের বাড়ি তিনি ছেড়ে দেবেন, ছাড়েননি। ছেলেরা লেখাপড়ার জন্য সরকারি কোষাগার থেকে টাকা পেয়েছে। কিন্তু কোনো ডিগ্রি পায়নি।’

b8260.jpg

কৃষিমন্ত্রী আরও বলেন, ক্যান্টনমেন্টের বাড়ি থেকে সরকার খালেদা জিয়াকে উচ্ছেদ করেনি। খালেদা মামলায় হেরে গেছেন। তাই ক্যান্টনমেন্ট বোর্ড তাঁকে উচ্ছেদ করেছে। জিয়াউর রহমান মারা যাওয়ার পর ছেঁড়া গেঞ্জি ও ভাঙা স্যুটকেসের কথা শোনা গেছে। কিন্তু ৭৪-এর দুর্ভিক্ষের সময় ঢাকায় তাঁর ১০ কাঠা জমি ছিল। কোকো জাহাজ, ড্যান্ডি ডাইং, খাম্বা লিমিটেডসহ কমপক্ষে ১৫টি প্রতিষ্ঠান আছে তাঁর। তা-ও বাড়িভাড়া দিতে পারেন না।

গৃহায়ণ ও গণপূর্তমন্ত্রী মোশাররফ হোসেন বলেন, খালেদা জিয়ার বাড়িতে ব্রিটিশ-আমেরিকান টোব্যাকো কোম্পানির অফিস আছে। খালেদা জিয়ার আটটি ব্যাংক অ্যাকাউন্ট আছে। তিনি আরও বলেন, জিয়াউর রহমান বেঁচে থাকতে কখনো নিজেকে প্রথম রাষ্ট্রপতি বলে দাবি করেননি।

Last edited:
:o:

নিজস্ব প্রতিবেদক | আপডেট: ১৯:৪৯, এপ্রিল ০৭, ২০১৪

motia-choudhury.jpg

বিএনপির চেয়ারপারসন খালেদা জিয়া যে শিফন শাড়ি পরেন তার প্রতি মিটারের দাম ৫০০ ডলার, ব্লাউজের মজুরি ২৫ হাজার টাকা বলে মন্তব্য করেছেন কৃষিমন্ত্রী মতিয়া চৌধুরী। আজ সোমবার জাতীয় সংসদে অনির্ধারিত এক আলোচনায় অংশ নিয়ে তিনি এ মন্তব্য করেন।

একটি দৈনিক পত্রিকায় ‘অর্থের অভাবে বাড়িভাড়া দিতে পারছেন না খালেদা জিয়া’ শিরোনামে একটি প্রতিবেদন প্রকাশিত হয়। তার সূত্র ধরে কৃষিমন্ত্রী মতিয়া চৌধুরী বলেন, ‘তিনি যে শিফন শাড়ি পরেন তার এক মিটারের দাম ৫০০ ডলার। এক-একটি শাড়ির দামই চার-পাঁচ লাখ টাকা। ব্লাউজ যে বানান, তার মজুরি ২৫ হাজার টাকা। পরচুলার দাম কত, তা জানি না। যারা এর এস্তেমাল করেন তাঁরা বলতে পারবেন।’ খালেদা জিয়া বাড়িভাড়া দিতে পারেন না, এটা ‘গল্প’ বলেও তিনি মন্তব্য করেন।

মতিয়া চৌধুরী বলেন, ‘জিয়াউর রহমান মারা যাওয়ার পর খালেদা জিয়া গুলশানে দেড় বিঘা জমি পেয়েছেন। সেখানে ছয়তলা ভবন আছে। সেই ভবনে সব সুযোগসুবিধা আছে। ওই ভবন থেকে খালেদা জিয়া ভাড়া পান। তাঁর দুই ছেলে বিদেশে আছে। কথা ছিল ক্যান্টনমেন্টের বাড়ি পেলে গুলশানের বাড়ি তিনি ছেড়ে দেবেন, ছাড়েননি। ছেলেরা লেখাপড়ার জন্য সরকারি কোষাগার থেকে টাকা পেয়েছে। কিন্তু কোনো ডিগ্রি পায়নি।’

b8260.jpg

কৃষিমন্ত্রী আরও বলেন, ক্যান্টনমেন্টের বাড়ি থেকে সরকার খালেদা জিয়াকে উচ্ছেদ করেনি। খালেদা মামলায় হেরে গেছেন। তাই ক্যান্টনমেন্ট বোর্ড তাঁকে উচ্ছেদ করেছে। জিয়াউর রহমান মারা যাওয়ার পর ছেঁড়া গেঞ্জি ও ভাঙা স্যুটকেসের কথা শোনা গেছে। কিন্তু ৭৪-এর দুর্ভিক্ষের সময় ঢাকায় তাঁর ১০ কাঠা জমি ছিল। কোকো জাহাজ, ড্যান্ডি ডাইং, খাম্বা লিমিটেডসহ কমপক্ষে ১৫টি প্রতিষ্ঠান আছে তাঁর। তা-ও বাড়িভাড়া দিতে পারেন না।

গৃহায়ণ ও গণপূর্তমন্ত্রী মোশাররফ হোসেন বলেন, খালেদা জিয়ার বাড়িতে ব্রিটিশ-আমেরিকান টোব্যাকো কোম্পানির অফিস আছে। খালেদা জিয়ার আটটি ব্যাংক অ্যাকাউন্ট আছে। তিনি আরও বলেন, জিয়াউর রহমান বেঁচে থাকতে কখনো নিজেকে প্রথম রাষ্ট্রপতি বলে দাবি করেননি।

you support Mutia Choudhury? because her clothes are cheap? :victory:

you can pretty much assess any thing from that .As firewalls are easy to crack specially Indian have good IT back ground

What exactly are you suggesting ? That Bangladesh should not have got the underwater cables ?
If it is your assumption that the underwater cables are vulnerable, then same should be the case with other forms of optical fiber cables or anything else.Then, by your logic nobody should use any form of internet connection at all.

Reminds me of the scene from the movie Shool:
politician 1: we plan to build a new dam and a hydel power plant
Dehati politician : We oppose any such move
Politician 1:Why? Farmers get water and the city gets electricty. Win win for all
Dehati politician : If you take electricity out of water, what will our poor farmers do? Jai jawan Jai kisaan!!

Bollywood .....wasnt far from political theatrics o_O

Not hard to monitor deep water cable data :whistle:
My god. Do you even know how hard it is to monitor so much traffic? You will have scores of deals if you can produce a decent solution that is capable of scaling 100Gbps even in clear text!
Anyway since you consider it not so hard, why not stop talking as well. Wind blows too you see. :rolleyes:

My god. Do you even know how hard it is to monitor so much traffic? You will have scores of deals if you can produce a decent solution that is capable of scaling 100Gbps even in clear text!
Anyway since you consider it not so hard, why not stop talking as well. Wind blows too you see. :rolleyes:

May not be possible for you with the hardware systems you got, but dont talk about me or my work.

Kids.

May not be possible for you with the hardware systems you got, but dont talk about me or my work.

Kids.
Really? You want to take me up on it?
Just explain me one thing. In these cables, can you attempt netflow. If so, what is the scale in your work.

Really? You want to take me up on it?
Just explain me one thing. In these cables, can you attempt netflow. If so, what is the scale in your work.

As far as I am concerned, yes. Limited access. Then again i am in Lahore while our SHQ is somewhere along the coast ( cant give the exact location ). My work is to write algos ( by me i mean my office/group) to find patterns in raw data. This data is basically internet, telecom traffic. Prediction and prevention is my/our task along with IP monitoring, cryptography, data encryption and data decryption. We cannot and do not have the resources nor the money to monitor all the data 24/7.

I'll go into it a little at my own risk. We chose specific timeframes. Monitor data, run algos on selected intervals. It's more like needle in the haystack. But we find a few here and there. I'll ask more regarding the netflow thing from my network guys, to give you a decent answer regarding it.

I hope you understand my limitations in being open. And i truly believe India has invested a lot in the monitoring architecture. Which in my opinions is the best thing, the stronger the network the safer a nation.

As far as I am concerned, yes. Limited access. Then again i am in Lahore while our SHQ is somewhere along the coast ( cant give the exact location ). My work is to write algos ( by me i mean my office/group) to find patterns in raw data. This data is basically internet, telecom traffic. Prediction and prevention is my/our task along with IP monitoring, cryptography, data encryption and data decryption. We cannot and do not have the resources nor the money to monitor all the data 24/7.

I'll go into it a little at my own risk. We chose specific timeframes. Monitor data, run algos on selected intervals. It's more like needle in the haystack. But we find a few here and there. I'll ask more regarding the netflow thing from my network guys, to give you a decent answer regarding it.

I hope you understand my limitations in being open. And i truly believe India has invested a lot in the monitoring architecture. Which in my opinions is the best thing, the stronger the network the safer a nation.

I have extensively worked on DPI at various scales. But DPI at a country level scale is a very very expensive and easily visible. Port mirroring/lawful interception is the way to go usually.

Basically the point I was/am trying to make is
the following apprehension
"
If submarine cable was going to be installed the country's security will be in great danger and information of the nation will go to a 'particular' country
"
is plain dumb.

I have extensively worked on DPI at various scales. But DPI at a country level scale is a very very expensive and easily visible. Port mirroring/lawful interception is the way to go usually.

Basically the point I was/am trying to make is
the following apprehension
"
If submarine cable was going to be installed the country's security will be in great danger and information of the nation will go to a 'particular' country
"
is plain dumb.

It wasn't in that sense but nothing is impossible, it was more of a trolling reply than a whole hearted serious one. Bangladeshis are funny when it comes to AL and BNP. We Pakistanis have the bad habit of going through stuff *** backwards, but this teaches us a few valuable lessons.

Which is why i worry about my country. Up until recently even our military networks were vastly insecure and had been compromised a few years back (Our govt level infrastructure was beyond hopeless). Thankfully that knocked some sense into them and they took some evasive actions and defensive solutions. Marine level cannot be monitored until you pretty much own half the systems in this country and even then the backlog would make it worthless. But that is what we make do with. It's improving. Lawful interception is now a reality, funny thing is 4 years ago our leaders took that money and spent it on their crap ( dinners, computers for house, cars etc etc).

I will ask you a few questions DPI related somewhere in the future. I hope you'd be around or up for it. I am not new in this field, but I have become habitual of getting into easy stuff, I am seriously lazy. You just made me grill our networks guy.

Btw if you dont mind me asking what do you do?

Back
Top Bottom