What's new

Bangladesh set to overtake India in terms of GDP per capita by 2030: Standard Chartered Bank

Don’t overthink with just 8000 usd per capita gdp to overtake 59000 usd per capita gdp of USA.
Over 10000 dollars already from barely 300 two decades ago, it all depends on exchage rate though, US dollars will be going away with its economic might.
BD is at the bottom of this world economic pyrimad, you can forget keep peeking up to the very top.

This is not my wishful thinking, but the prediction of a lot of top economic analysts in the world. China now entered into a phage where it's labor cost is increasing faster than it's productivity. With a rapidly aging society and shrinking work forces, China will be hard pressed to continue the current growth momentum. Real slow down will start after 2030 when Chinese labor force will start shrinking at the fastest pace in the world. China will not be able to surpass US in nominal GDP.
Do you know the same "experts" have been predicting China's "imminent" economic crash for 4 decades ?

@waz @Dubious Pls note these BD trolls. They have been attacking the Chinese, Pakistanis, Indians and Vietnamese. Even this is a troll thread
Where did you find ''They are attacking Indians and Vietnamese''? In this 100 posts thread can you find any post which was demeaning to India or Vietnam?

BTW since we are all tagging mods here now....the original article title has been changed in the thread title

@waz @Dubious

As you can see, there is intense victimhood complex among them. They want things done here only to suit their agenda and narrative.

I joined this forum as pro-Bangladesh/neutral (lets acknowledge and learn from each other success etc)....over time these foolish idiots here have made me focus on beating some reality and focus on counterpoint instead (and the impression for most is I am anti-Bangladesh overall)....because people that are like this obviously have too much to hide in the end (you must only praise them otherwise you are evil/racist/bigot/CPC'er/pak army type/sanghi etc etc....and they can criticize you however they want, however foul... because its "their" subforum).

Run to mods crying first thing when you give them a smack back...after doing their BS blah blah earlier already. They do not get how much this reinforces stereotypes that already exist about them...is there a problem with toughing it out instead of whinging when echo chamber is cracked just a little bit?

There are just handful of good reasonable BD members depending on the issue/topic (that can take debate and dont run to mods first thing for smallest of things)....a lot don't even post here anymore sadly....because looney tantrum man-child mob have driven them away.
You know I came to BD Forum from 2016. I never attack Bangladesh. Because I think it's a small country. We should comprehend it. but from the 2018 year. they began to crazy... i still haven't responded to them. but you know. People's patience has its limits. i can't tolerate them attacking my country every day. so it's time to let them calm down.

Look, BD trolls are now disguising as victims... they have forgotten what they have done. what dirty remarks they use to insult others.

Don’t overthink with just 8000 usd per capita gdp to overtake 59000 usd per capita gdp of USA.
Don't overthink with Bangladesh per capita GDP is only 1000 USD. this is not too big different from Myanmar.:lol:

You know I came to BD Forum from 2016. I never attack Bangladesh. Because I think it's a small country. We should comprehend it. but from the 2018 year. they began to crazy... i still haven't responded to them. but you know. People's patience has its limits. i can't tolerate them attacking my country every day. so it's time to let them calm down.

Look, BD trolls are now disguising as victims... they have forgotten what they have done. what dirty remarks they use to insult others.

Don't overthink with Bangladesh per capita GDP is only 1000 USD. this is not too big different from Myanmar.:lol:

50%, with 2015 base year it will be around 65% more than Myanmar’s per capita gdp. If it does not seems like a big difference what it will be?

Keep comparison of Myanmar with your all time ally Pakistan as that is more suitable. Lol

Large portion of it is inflation based as well:

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.KD?locations=BD

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.CD?locations=BD

1093 vs 1516

A full 28% of nominal GDP (in USD) at this low base is inflation.

This is what happens when energy consumption stagnates (2015 - 2017):

totalenergy-jpg.555206

https://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp/b...l-review/bp-stats-review-2018-full-report.pdf

Market cap falls this early itself:

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/CM.MKT.LCAP.CD?locations=BD

Real household income decline this early:

https://opinion.bdnews24.com/2017/12/18/where-did-the-benefits-of-economic-growth-disappear/

Exports struggling to grow as low base effect wears off (even with 0 tariff access to so many markets because of LDC):

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NE.EXP.GNFS.CD?locations=BD

Forex stagnancy trend 2015 onwards:

https://tradingeconomics.com/bangladesh/foreign-exchange-reserves

Give it a few more years for the projections of such banks (which take limited superficial data only - no matter how much is inflation) to change drastically for BD....given they are basing this mostly off the 2005/2010 - 2015 low base effect "growth"....which will certainly not compound same way with time if you look at harvard study of economic diversity requirement (projects only 4% growth for BD) given it looks at much more broadband consumption patterns:

http://atlas.cid.harvard.edu/rankings/growth-projections/

(@Indus Pakistan @OsmanAli98 @Game.Invade @Sugarcane @MUSTAKSHAF notice Pakistan does lot better in the projection here compared to Bangladesh - given Pakistan has more diverse economic potential at this stage)

It is reflected somewhat in IMF projection as well...especially in constant dollar and PPP terms (that take into account inflation and price level).

There would be some chance if BD can get 0 tariff access for other kinds of goods and services...to keep the dependency on such a model going. But they can't....it only extends to RMG as long as you are LDC. Once you transition out of that....you are expected to be putting on big boy pants and fight on level playing field with everyone else. You can already see the results of it starting now for BD. So give it time.

Stanchart and the rest were also making all kind of hue and livid cry about India (for 2020, 2030 etc) using the 2002 - 2010 growth trends to project next 10 years blah....all took a big hit in the end in reality because lot of it was asset inflation based and there was phase lock due to the recession crisis and too much subsidy preference (over hard capex) + lack of reform internally in the crucial years. Bangladesh barely has done even 10% of the reforms India did (as much as there remains to be done) from 1990 to current year. It certainly has no interest/drive to join the SDDS standard either to help propel this.

@bluesky @SBUS-CXK @GeraltofRivia @Tanveer666 @Mage @Major Sam @Marine Rouge

You are ignoring the fact that Bangladesh is exceptional country, so standard rules & logic of economics don't apply over her.

50%, with 2015 base year it will be around 65% more than Myanmar’s per capita gdp. If it does not seems like a big difference what it will be?

Keep comparison of Myanmar with your all time ally Pakistan as that is more suitable. Lol
You only have data (GDP per capita is only 1000 usd)... In the first industry, you are backward. In the secondary industry, you are totally dependent on imports. In the tertiary industry, you haven't made any progress.

BD seemed to have pissed off posters from every country here, does BD actually have a friend?

You only have data (GDP per capita is only 1000 usd)... In the first industry, you are backward. In the secondary industry, you are totally dependent on imports. In the tertiary industry, you haven't made any progress.

If you are illiterate or blind due to keep your eye closed no one can help you with that.

Stick to the topic by 2030 Bangladesh will have minimum 5700 usd per capita gdp. With two rebasing gdp base year and due to higher than 7% gdp growth it can reach 8000 USD or more.

BTW since we are all tagging mods here now....the original article title has been changed in the thread title

@waz @Dubious
@UKBengali Is this supposed to be fun post as well? And you blame Indians for trolling..
You are ignoring the fact that Bangladesh is exceptional country, so standard rules & logic of economics don't apply over her.
Who can offend the three nuclear-weapon States at the same time???

Oh, great Bangladesh! :rofl:

If you are illiterate or blind due to keep your eye closed no one can help you with that.

Stick to the topic by 2030 Bangladesh will have minimum 5700 usd per capita gdp. With two rebasing gdp base year and due to higher than 7% gdp growth it can reach 8000 USD or more.
LOL, there is no real progress. Only data.:rofl:
Even in order to make beautiful data, artificially increase their per capita GDP, by imagining reducing the per capita GDP of others. What an inferior country.:dance3:

LOL, there is no real progress. Only data.:rofl:
Even in order to make beautiful data, artificially increase their per capita GDP, by imagining reducing the per capita GDP of others. What an inferior country.:dance3:

Go say it to the Standard Chartered Bank. Beside ADB, IMF, PwC everyone is coming up with imaginary data!!

Back
Top Bottom