What's new

Bangladesh set to have own space satellite by 2013

@ BD members :-

Just curious, is there any ideal spot anywhere in BD, available in order to build a launching pad for ourselves?

And if there is one, what would you guys suggest? I strongly believe once we get in the satellite race, we might be having more in future and hence a launching pad would be useful. May be we can use that for commercial purpose as well, helping other poor countries to launch.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!!!

@ BD members :-

Just curious, is there any ideal spot anywhere in BD, available in order to build a launching pad for ourselves?

And if there is one, what would you guys suggest? I strongly believe once we get in the satellite race, we might be having more in future and hence a launching pad would be useful. May be we can use that for commercial purpose as well, helping other poor countries to launch.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!!!

Launch pad should be close to equator.. but again Russia is alauching from Kazakstan, China from Mongolia. So, my guess it could be managed from almost everywhere .. I am not really sure.

China has................. :lazy:

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

So according to the article .. we getting two satellites... :cheers:

Yap...here is the actual quote:-

"Bangladesh is trying to launch two satellites- one for high resolution image and other for communication with the technological support of the APSCOP," chairman of the SPARSO Mujibur Rahman Hawlader said.
State Minister for Environment and Forests Dr Hasan Mahmud attended the function as special guest while secretary of the Ministry of Defence M Asaduzzaman was in the chair.

Cheers!!!

Launch pad should be close to equator.. but again Russia is alauching from Kazakstan, China from Mongolia. So, my guess it could be managed from almost everywhere .. I am not really sure.

Yeah especially for Geosynchronous satellites its is very advantageous if the launch pad is near the equator as the satellites are placed in orbit with relatively lesser thrust due to the higher speed of rotation of earth at the equator than at the poles (the difference in speed is about 500 km/hr).

That's why you have the European Space Agency have its launch pad in French Guiana in South America.

Though it is not absolutely mandatory to be so. Its just advantageous.

:chilli: we need to invest more and more for the sake of telecommunication and prevent natural calamities...... having own space satellite is a big step forward.......
Bangladesh.gif

Its likely to be launched from Kazakhstan.

Nope.. its China

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia-Pacific_Space_Cooperation_Organization

Bangladesh Pakistan China and other asian countries are the member of this organiztion initiated by China.

The Asia-Pacific Space Cooperation Organization (APSCO) is an inter-governmental organization operated as a non-profit independent body with full international legal status. It is headquartered in Beijing, People's Republic of China.

Members include agencies from:[1] Bangladesh, China, Iran, Mongolia, Pakistan, Peru, and Thailand.

Indonesia and Turkey also signed the APSCO convention.[2]

In 2005, the APSCO convention was signed in Beijing.[citation needed]

"Bangladesh is trying to launch two satellites- one for high resolution image and other for communication with the technological support of the APSCOP," chairman of the SPARSO Mujibur Rahman Hawlader said.

i think BD will benefit a lot if it ties up with India on space technologies. why go all the way to china when india is available next door

Its probably because APSCO is an inter-government organization, and separate, non-profit organization. APSCO has many member countries. Bottom line is, China has more resources and technology to help out those nations. India is mostly all by itself as far as its space programs go. Correct me if I am wrong.

^^that is correct. My understanding is that ISRo wants to be a cheap alternative for sending client satellites into space. but you are correct, i have not heard isro collaborate on specific satellites with other countries.

Back
Top Bottom