What's new

Bangladesh says FIFA refuses to move Pakistan game

I dont understand why they wouldn't change venue. Pakistan is very dangerous and volatile as of now....especially for sport teams representing foreign nations. I dont think FIFA cares much for either team....else they would have reconsidered for sure...

I dont understand why they wouldn't change venue. Pakistan is very dangerous and volatile as of now....especially for sport teams representing foreign nations. I dont think FIFA cares much for either team....else they would have reconsidered for sure...

Malaysian & Palestinian football teams have recently played in Pakistan.

Also Afghan team has just toured the country, so what are you talking.

The qualifiers have certain strict security requirements in terms of FIFA's rules which I am certain Pakistan has met or was able to convince FIFA that they could meet. The security structures and infrastructures of Pakistan are still intact and to make that country a pariah state in sports due to the unfortunate incident of the Sri Lankan cricket team and the terrorism within the country will be tantamount to playing into the hands of the terrorists who want to isolate the country, frustrate its people into giving into their demands or just destroying the country if they cannot get what they want. Let FIFA set out their security requirements and let the qualifiers take place in Pakistan if the Pakistani government and security forces can assure FIFA that the destination is a safe one

its time we move on from what happened to the sri lankan team. you cannot hold the entire country ransom for one incident. granted pakistan is a dangerous country but it should be given another chance.

it's like saying India should never be allowed to host another commonwealth games (or olympics) because of all the problems we had prior to Delhi 2010.

Pakistan just has to make sure nothing happens this time around, else no team will be touring that country anytime in the next decade.

Thanks for ur kind words mehwish and planet warrior......... Inshallah by 2014 things will change.......and the world cup will be a success.

I swear and also foreign athletes have come to Pakistan for various sporting events.

If bangladesh has a problem then they can just drop out, they're just creating unnecessary drama. I'm glad FIFA showed them!

I think there were talks of gifting some old sub after modernising it to BN.......Dnt know if tht was materialised.

First of all i am not able to understand what is the reason behind BD to request for change in the venue? I am still trying to understand what is the implication from Political and non political point of view... Politically BD is not going to gain anything by this ridiculous request to withdraw from Pakistan because being a Muslim nation the threat perception should be pretty much minimal. And i dont find any benefit from Non political point of view. And my observation is that apart from attack on Sri Lanka Cricketer, there is hardly any significant disturbances for south Asian team to go play in Pakistan. That includes my country India also...I think presenting Pakistan as security threat to players is related to political implication rather than genuine security threat. Of course i empathetic towards European nation as the quality of life and the security situation is really good in comparison to Pakistan but i believe India and BD request for not playing due to Political reason rather then actual situation in Pakistan....

Yes, the Malaysian football team played in Lahore for the 2012 Olympic qualifiers a few months back.

Which Malaysian won 2-0 aggregrate :D

Anyway, on topic, if Malaysia can play in Pakistan, I don't see why Bangladesh (who have much more in common with Pakistan) can't play over there.

BANGLADESH took no free submarines from pakistan!! And about the topic- BD national team coach didn't want to go Pakistan. Thats why Bangladesh requested FIFA to arrange both the home and away matches in Bangladesh. . As Bangladesh is almost the second home for Pakistanis... And let me tell you after FIFA denied the request. . Bangladeshi coach resigned. Yesterday Bangladesh selected new coach..

Back
Top Bottom