What's new

Bangladesh plans to build its first satellite

Pak47

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
DHAKA: An American firm will help Bangladesh design and launch the South Asian country’s first satellite.

Officials say Space Partnership International signed a $10 million consultancy deal with the state-run Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission in Dhaka on Thursday.

SPI Managing Director Bruce D Kraselsky says his Maryland-based company will design the satellite and hire a company to build and launch it. He says Bangladesh wants to launch the satellite by 2015.

Bangladesh says the satellite would improve its telecommunications services, collect meteorological data for disaster warnings and map natural resources.

Bangladesh says the satellite may cost $150 million. It spends $11 million a year renting foreign satellites.

http://www.dawn.com/2012/03/30/bangladesh-plans-to-build-its-first-satellite.html

Congratulations :cheers:

Most probably China. But nothing is confirmed yet. Our Govt will surely look for long term co-operation with friendly countries in space. If you ask me I will say, this is long overdue.

DHAKA: An American firm will help Bangladesh design and launch the South Asian country’s first satellite.

Officials say Space Partnership International signed a $10 million consultancy deal with the state-run Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission in Dhaka on Thursday.

SPI Managing Director Bruce D Kraselsky says his Maryland-based company will design the satellite and hire a company to build and launch it. He says Bangladesh wants to launch the satellite by 2015.

Bangladesh says the satellite would improve its telecommunications services, collect meteorological data for disaster warnings and map natural resources.

Bangladesh says the satellite may cost $150 million. It spends $11 million a year renting foreign satellites.

Bangladesh plans to build its first satellite | Sci-tech | DAWN.COM

Congratulations :cheers:

Now thats too high. India spent $80 million on moon mission. Why would a satellite cost that much?

Now thats too high. India spent $80 million on moon mission. Why would a satellite cost that much?

Its a commercial satellite bro and will have a lots of bells and whistles. Besides, its not a test satellite or something of that sort.

Its a commercial satellite bro and will have a lots of bells and whistles. Besides, its not a test satellite or something of that sort.

No, what I meant to say was that the highest amount ISRO ever spent was on that moon mission which includes a satellite, a lander and the big *** launcher rocket itself. A satellite no matter how many frills it has shouldn't cost that much. Well thats just my opinion.

No disrespect, but part of it could be going into your politicians pockets.

No, what I meant to say was that the highest amount ISRO ever spent was on that moon mission which includes a satellite, a lander and the big *** launcher rocket itself. A satellite no matter how many frills it has shouldn't cost that much. Well thats just my opinion.

No disrespect, but part of it could be going into your politicians pockets.

Heheheheh... nope politicians are not that lucky in this specific case. BTRC will be owning the satellite and its a independent comission, not controlled by the govt as far as i know.

Heheheheh... nope politicians are not that lucky in this specific case. BTRC will be owning the satellite and its a independent comission, not controlled by the govt as far as i know.

Yes not pliticians but some corrupted officers may be.

Back
Top Bottom