What's new

Bangladesh offers training for Afghan bureaucrats

I think funny plot missed by most here. Awami League regime identified as most corrupt and multilateral donor organization do not trust Awami regime with their money. Now same corrupt Awami regime offering to train Afghan officials who will be entrusted with money from same donors donation. Important thing to note Awami league already politicized entire Bangladesh adminstration and training facilities with Awami party cadre. How could these donors trust afghan officials with billions of their dollars who would be trained by corrupt Awami officials. These donor countries must be laughing at Dipu Moni and Awami regime.

Bangladesh offers training for Afghan bureaucrats

Bangladesh offers training for Afghan bureaucrats | Politics | bdnews24.com

Sun, Jul 8th, 2012 1:29 pm BdST

Dhaka, July 8 (bdnews24.com) – Bangladesh is ready to provide training for the Afghan civil servants, police personnel and diplomats to rebuild the war-torn country, Foreign Minister Dipu Moni says.

She made the offer Sunday at the Tokyo Conference on Afghanistan which is aimed to support Kabul's future development, said a media statement of the foreign ministry.

The conference, participated by representatives from 80 countries and International organisations, pledged $16 billion in the form of grant and aid for the development of Afghanistan.

'Tokyo Mutual Accountability Framework' was also unveiled in the conference to monitor 'effectiveness' of assistance from donor agencies and countries.

Dipu Moni said Bangladesh was also interested to provide tailor made training programmes in the areas of banking, disaster management, primary and mass education, health care, agricultural extension, poultry and livestock and youth development.

The conference was attended by Japanese Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Yoshihiko Noda and Koichiro Gemba respectively, Afghan President Hamid Karzai, UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon and US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.

bdnews24.com/ssz/sk/1320h

If personnel from these 3 departments get trained from Bangladesh, there's a resorting point for BD...within few days BD will downgrade one step in corruption as our position will be taken by Afghanistan then. After all disciples surpass gurus in long run ;).

I think the main objective here is to build good diplomatic relations with the afghans. We cant provide them with moetary aid, thus we are offering other means to them.

We are not gonna train their politicians. I think we might do a decent job for police and civil servants. Not sure about diplomats though.

Our Brac started micro-finance scheme there in Afghanistan which has been a successful step.

Hmm, in that case, I think Bangladesh should help Afghanistan create a RAB type unit.

Why....does Afghanistan need a govt. certified terrorist unit :cheesy: ?

Correction -- a supporter of Afghan democractic forces or any pro peace-afghan outfit which obviously excludes Taliban.

Good point , India has always supported and will always support democratic elected govts whether in Afghan or for that matter even in Pakistan

A very good decision....but people lets troll on this....US comes and bust them, now all the world, neighbors first , pay for it ( not meaning monetary value mate). India training the milli, us the civil admins., etc...

I should warn Iran and Pakistan, only thing Bangladesh can train to any country is fence jumping.

You are MEAN . his has to be the best post of the week for me . Can i keep it as a signature if you dont mind ??

a good gesture by BD...although i have some doubts about its fruitfulness

Anyways i don't mind any country training afghans as long as its not pakistan...

Anyways i don't mind any country training afghans as long as its not pakistan...

Sorry but:

:rolleyes:

Our influence will always be there

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but:

:rolleyes:

Our influence will always be there
I agree pakistan will always be there but i think its influence will get considerably reduced once chabhar port gets fully functional as up till now pakistan is the only window to the outside world for afghans but chabhar will provide the much needed alternative to afghans
Although i agree that pakistan will still remain the most prominent source of trade for afghans

this will also help india to exert its influence in afghan in a better way n get access to more mineral wealth of afghan as well as central asia:partay:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree pakistan will always be there but i think it will be considerably be reduced once chabhar port gets fully functional as up till now pakistan is the only window to the outside world for afghans but chabhar will provide the much needed alternative to afghans
Although i agree that pakistan will still remain the most prominent source of trade for afghans

this will also help india to exert its influence in afghan in a better way n get access to more mineral wealth of afghan as well as central asia:partay:

As long as we have 2.5 million Afghan refugees and millions of unregistered ones living in Pakistan, we'll always have some kind of influence there.

As long as we have 2.5 million Afghan refugees and millions of unregistered ones living in Pakistan, we'll always have some kind of influence there.
I never denied that i only said that pakistan's importance as a trade route for afghans will get reduced giving both india n afghan better leverage to deal with pakistan

As far as refugees r concerned i would like u to refer to the various posts of ur own country men calling them as a burden on ur economy rather than any leverage:coffee:

I saw an aljazeera report on how Bangladesh uses Blind clerks to deal with sensitive documents.
That was such a great initiative and I hope Bangladesh trains more people like that and of course train people in the rest of South Asia.

id be interested to see it

Back
Top Bottom