What's new

Bangladesh observing Intellectual Martyrs day

Roybot

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
The nation pays homage to the intellectuals who were assassinated by Pakistani occupation forces and their local collaborators in the last days of the 1971 Liberation War.

02_Martyred+Intellectuals+Day_141213.jpg

14th December is observed as Intellectual Martyrs Day in Bangladesh in memory those bright souls who fall victim to a brutal military regime. President Abdul Hamid, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Opposition Leader Khaleda Zia paid their respects at the Mirpur Intellectual Martyrs Mausoleum in the morning.

The Mausoleum is flooded with wreaths of flowers placed there by several political parties, social and cultural organisations and citizens. Hundreds have also gathered at the Memorial to honour the intellectuals who were murdered in the killings fields of Rayerbazaar in the very last days of the War.

The Intellectual Martyrs Day this year is celebrated on a notice of justice delayed but not denied with the hanging of war criminal Abdul Quader Molla just a day ago.

Molla-- popularly known as the ‘Butcher of Mirpur’ for his role during the 1971 Liberation War--was indicted for six war crimes charges including mass murder, rape, conspiracy and instigation in 1971.

On Thursday, the Jamaat-e-Islami leader was hanged until death for the crimes 'committed against humanity' during the Liberation War. Sensing a humiliating defeat, the Pakistani occupation army and their local collaborators--Rajakars, Al-Badr and Al-Shams-- abducted and blindfolded several top-notch Bangalee intellectuals and professionals including academics, doctors, engineers, journalists and teachers from their residences in Dhaka on Dec 14, 1971. They were later murdered brutally to create an intellectual void in the newborn nation. The bodies were left in the 'mass graves' of Mirpur and Rayerbazaar.

Bugles played melancholic tunes when the President and the Prime Minister paid their homage at the mausoleum at 7.05 am on Saturday followed by Speaker of the House Shirin Sharmin Choudhury.

Later Sheikh Hasina placed wreath for the second time on behalf of Awami League. Several AL front group leaders followed to pay their respects. The Mausoleum was then opened for all.

Leader of the Opposition and BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia along with leaders of her party paid respects at the Mirpur Mausoleum around 9am.
Different political and socio-cultural organisations and professional bodies are organising events on the day. Special prayers are being organised for those who were murdered.

Nation observing Intellectual Martyrs day -bdnews24.com

Sensing a humiliating defeat, the Pakistani occupation army and their local collaborators--Rajakars, Al-Badr and Al-Shams-- abducted and blindfolded several top-notch Bangalee intellectuals and professionals including academics, doctors, engineers, journalists and teachers from their residences in Dhaka on Dec 14, 1971. They were later murdered brutally to create an intellectual void in the newborn nation. The bodies were left in the 'mass graves' of Mirpur and Rayerbazaar.

I would love to see some proof of the above statements but the proof should come from neutral sources and not Indian and Bangladeshi one. :big_boss:

I would love to see some proof of the above statements but the proof should come from neutral sources and not Indian and Bangladeshi one. :big_boss:

There are many, use google. Whats neutral according to you anyways?

There are many, use google. Whats neutral according to you anyways?

Anything without the influence of Indian or Bangladeshi skepticism.

As a side note, Not EVERYTHING on Google is Correct. :enjoy:

How do you judge those neutral sources who perhaps base their ideas on second or third hand accounts?

Anything without the influence of Indian or Bangladeshi skepticism.

As a side note, Not EVERYTHING on Google is Correct. :enjoy:
:cuckoo: How do u find if its influenced by BD or India?
Anything not in your taste can be brushed aside by claiming it to be Influenced

How do u find if its influenced by BD or India?
Anything not in your taste can be brushed aside by claiming it to be Influenced

How do you judge those neutral sources who perhaps base their ideas on second or third hand accounts?

Can you two people give me a source instead of wasting my time. :lol:

And the first poster thinks how I can't see the difference between influence and non-influence.

Keep your words for yourself. I am pretty educated myself. :dirol:

And the first poster thinks how I can't see the difference between influence and non-influence.

do not waste my time, As the thread starter said, google, im sure you are smart enough to google :meeting:

Indians observing intellectual day after killing Bangladeshi intellectuals, If that is not deception in epic proportion that what is?

Indians observing intellectual day after killing Bangladeshi intellectuals, If that is not deception in epic proportion that what is?

If thats not delusion of epic proportions then what is ? :lol:

Even Khaleda paid her respect, guess she is an Indian agent as well!

Families of Victim's of '71 regularly writes about their horrific experiences in newspapers.So, rather than wasting other's time keep googling,genius.

Families of Victim's of '71 regularly writes about their horrific experiences in newspapers.So, rather than wasting other's time keep googling,genius

do not waste my time, As the thread starter said, google, im sure you are smart enough to google

Did you two geniuses even read post # 4 :hitwall: It answers both of your comments. :yes4:

And here I was thinking that you both were trying to troll more than put something interesting on this thread. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom