What's new

Bangladesh Navy

this may be a good example of crane problem..... this is the result of an accident at Kolkata's GRSE....

"A new Goliath crane has a time-period of 30 months from issue of tender to installation and commissioning."
https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...rse-may-hurt-warship-work/article23740931.ece

Thanks for the link.

There are no 200 ton cranes at any Bangladeshi yards including Western Marine. But 100 ton cranes are pretty common, 50 ton ones are even more so.

Bangladeshi logistics organizations have fabricated floating custom 1000 ton cranes before to lift/move large power station transformers/generators and I am sure it took them way longer than two years.

I am surprised that GRSE did not have any safety procedures in place (such as guy wire tie-downs) to prevent the Goliath crane from collapsing. I guess that's what you have insurance for.

Thanks for the link.

There are no 200 ton cranes at any Bangladeshi yards including Western Marine. But 100 ton cranes are pretty common, 50 ton ones are even more so.

Bangladeshi logistics organizations have fabricated floating custom 1000 ton cranes before to lift/move large power station transformers/generators and I am sure it took them way longer than two years.

I am surprised that GRSE did not have any safety procedures in place (such as guy wire tie-downs) to prevent the Goliath crane from collapsing. I guess that's what you have insurance for.

good point these.... mobile cranes are being used here in good numbers... but most of them are smaller cranes... some of them are mobile crawler or truck-mounted cranes ... some are fixed tower cranes....

this is Western Marine....
Gantry-Crane.jpg

Mobile-Crane.jpg

Mobile Crane:
  • 100 ton (P & H)
  • 75 ton (Detroit Diesel)
  • 50 ton (Link-Belt)
  • 50 ton (KTO China)
  • 45 ton (P & H)
  • 20 ton (Tadano)
  • 2 X 16 ton (XCMG)
  • 15 ton (Grove-perkins)
  • 4 X 8 ton (XCMG)

this is Three Angle Marine....
s33.jpg

s29.jpg

• 4 nos. Crane of 75 metric ton, 55 metric ton, 25 metric ton and 12 metric ton capacity each respectively.
  • 3 nos. Tower Crane covering shipping area.
  • 3 nos. CNC Steel Cutting Machine.
  • Overhead Crane
  • Spray Painting Machine
  • High Pressure Sand Blasting Machine
  • 3 nos. Winch for lifting ship in shipways.
  • Workshop Facilities.
  • Welding Equipment.
this makes it much simpler to set-up shipyards.... both cheaper and quicker..... such cranes are truly multi-purpose...

A bad news Bangladesh indigenous frigate program going to delayed again as Chinese offer can't satisfy Bangladesh navy requirement of installing western sub system . Bangladesh going to float tender again for the Frigate program.
Source : bdmilitary

A bad news Bangladesh indigenous frigate program going to delayed again as Chinese offer can't satisfy Bangladesh navy requirement of installing western sub system . Bangladesh going to float tender again for the Frigate program.

I thought it was a bit weird to have a Chinese hull and missiles with EU sensors.
Anyway, China is not a reliable ally as was once thought and BD just needs to stump up the extra money to buy 6 EU frigates of around 4000 tonnes.Economy is doing great and cost will be spread all the way to 2030 and so I cannot see funding being a major problem.

Bangladesh Navy is not proceeding with a contract for design and material package from China to build frigates at its Chittagong shipyard. The Chinese designs is not compatible for integrating with the Western fire control systems and some exclusive weaponry BN wanted to integrate in to the warships.

Instead the Bangladesh Navy will release a new tender within the year for a frigate design. Now the design will be open to all countries. Even India has shown interest in partnering with the Bangladesh Navy for the frigate program.

We understand that ultimately the contract would go to a European shipbuilder for design and material package.

#BDMilitary.com

I thought it was a bit weird to have a Chinese hull and missiles with EU sensors.

Nothing weird about that. China built frigate with western sensors and weapons for Thailand before.

If they choose european frigate then i guess we will go for european fighter as well

Nothing weird about that. China built frigate with western sensors and weapons for Thailand before.

That is not the same thing as only the hull was Chinese.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naresuan-class_frigate.

My understanding is that BN wants a Chinese hull and weapons, with EU sensors. This would mean that the EU and China would need detailed access to reach other's tech in order to be able to make that happen. It would also make it more costly.
If it was just a Chinese hull and everything else was EU then no problem.

Even India has shown interest in partnering with the Bangladesh Navy for the frigate program.

Nothing special except the fact that India itself has been using modified Russian designs for its Frigates, so them trying to 'help' us in designing ours is rather misplaced and facetious. :P

Before patriotic Indians start doubting this, go check your sources first meaning what your DND was working with. No Indian frigate design was started from scratch regardless of claim, including Project 17 and 17A. All designs are recent Russian derivatives sourced from the seminal Krivak III. Placing Israeli sensors and Pielstick power on a Russian Hull does not make it Indian.

Request and Thanks in advance to Mods to kindly watch for any possible trolling as this is a sticky thread.

China wants more than 50 percent ownership of our naval yards in exchange of the site being developed and ready for frigate building. So now they’re only being paid for the building work... this at the loss of a design is worth it IMO

Last edited:
China was more than 50 percent ownership of our naval yards in exchange of the site being developed and ready for frigate building. So now they’re only being paid for the building work... this at the loss of a design is worth it IMO
Where did you get China had 50% stake?
You are becoming another fiction master

I would say it is better to get exactly what we want, we are paying for it. I see it as a positive sign of maturity in defense purchases. Gone are the days we will accept whatever was offered. We are confident of our requirements and have the money to back it .
Navy is leading the way and showing the rest of the forces how to truly modernise the force....BAF needs to take note.

I would say it is better to get exactly what we want, we are paying for it. I see it as a positive sign of maturity in defense purchases. Gone are the days we will accept whatever was offered. We are confident of our requirements and have the money to back it .
Navy is leading the way and showing the rest of the forces how to truly modernise the force....BAF needs to take note.

Our whole defense structure probably going to change if we consider recent trend. Baf too considering western fighter army getting western radar and other equipment. Navy wants to get European frigate or at least western sub system on Chinese design.so i
f European options

Our whole defense structure probably going to change if we consider recent trend. Baf too considering western fighter army getting western radar and other equipment. Navy wants to get European frigate or at least western sub system on Chinese design.so i
f European options

InshAllah.

West/Chinese mix is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom