What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Well, thats a good point you mentioned - price....
but when we see that BN also acquired WHEC from USCG, they (BN) specifically went for WHEC, rather than WMEC, two of which had already been sold to other countries recently.... the WHEC was definitely chosen for their size.... you couldn't put any extra armament on a WMEC, but on a WHEC, you sure can.... we are surely not needing the massive endurance of the WHEC.... even the WMEC would outrun most BN ships (except the Island-class and Castle-class) in terms of endurance....

even if there is the price thing, I think there are more reasons there to go for the Island-class..... some relationship can be found with some serving BN ships that seem a little lightly armed considering their size..... the Osman is serving in UN mission with just 4 missiles.... Castle-class and Durjoy-class are also carrying only 4 missiles each.... I'm just trying to follow whether Somudro Joy also comes up lightly armed.... that would surely create a pattern.... "arm ships lightly and keep room for later contingencies".....

As far as Island classes goes, im sure it was probably at an incredibly cheap price. Far too much of a good ship to miss out on(Although RN didn't actually like it)I also know the nigerians were also looking at it at the time but it was given to us.As far as rearmanments goes, im sure most of the budget priority is going towards armanements of bigger ships for now,im sure the Island classes would get a refit a bit later.

As far as the Myanmaese getting subs go, it will be a while since they need to build proper infrastucture first and i sincerly doubt they will be getting any in the next 5-8 years.

around $500 million where Chinese S20, Russian Amur class (950, 1650) submarines will be around $250 million.

i don't think so, Turks and Germany offered us their U 214 for around 550 million US $ or something more than that. And we prefer to struck the deal with South Korean U-209 derivative CBG, 3 units for 1,1 billion US $ plus around 300 million US dollar adds for Sub Marines line assembly tools and training programs for our Naval Shipyard industries.

the price tag for improved Kilo Class will be around 360 million US dollar, same with Amur Class. I think those Chinese can offered you some submarines with friendly price tag :)

in this pic they look compare like nokia 1100 vs iphone 5 :lol:
BNS Osman in UNIFIL mission..... take a close look - the ship is carrying only 4 SSMs

also remember that the ship did not return to Bangladesh since it left in April 2010..... there had been several crew changes, but the ship remained in the Mediterranean.... the ship went there with BNS Madhumati, which is not shown in the picture....

DSC05648.JPG

our old nation pakistan is training the burmese and trying to sell old pakistani subs to them .gaddar forever
Historic track record proves that Gaddar isn't PAK's army but our's own one. By getting early life and being nurtured in mid-life by PAK-MIL, it later back stabbed the Pakistani nation in favor of RAWAMY dalals and Malaunic India. During its 2nd life, it again back stabbed its founding father's (PREZ ZIA) family by throwing'em out of cantonment, confining his wife and torturing his son to near death. Ours is Mir Jafari blood and by training Burmese army, PAK lately showed its creativity. If it created a 3rd home in Myanmar before 71 then it didn't have to be humiliated. Traitor like MUA, RUMI in BD-MIL should always be checked and I think PAK's effort is tactical toward to that direction. BTW, PAK-MIL should be very selective toward helping the mercenary kings as their motive on buying SU-30 is questionable. After all, why on earth BAF should even think of buying a fighter A/C, which would go out of BD'S sky even before going its highest after burner's speed? IMO, RAWAMY dalals have infested army with Bharati stooge to make it a vessel army in taking part of attacking PAK. So, PAK-MIL's move is a futuristic-tactical one IMO and has nothing to do with Ghaddari.

primary weapon:

Type056 corvette has 4 c803 which has 300km range
Sigma class has 4 MBDA Exocet MM40 Block II which has 72 km range.

airdefence:
Type056: HQ-10 8-round SAM launcher, aft
sigma class: 2 x quad MBDA Mistral TETRAL, forward & aft.

range:
Type056: 3704 km at 18 knot.
Sigma: 6,700km at 18 knot.

Type056 is more powerful than sigma class only lacks in range and sensors well if you do have enough weapons what you will do with so many sensor systems.

I am so happy that Bangladesh is getting Type056 corvette :D

haha funny tho :lol: can you pls tell me why our muslim brother training our dushmon for submarine?if it was india then ok cause they are our certified dusmon now but why pakistan again? so better trust nobody . keep in point mane
Historic track record proves that Gaddar isn't PAK's army but our's own one. By getting early life and being nurtured in mid-life by PAK-MIL, it later back stabbed the Pakistani nation in favor of RAWAMY dalals and Malaunic India. During its 2nd life, it again back stabbed its founding father's (PREZ ZIA) family by throwing'em out of cantonment, confining his wife and torturing his son to near death. Ours is Mir Jafari blood and by training Burmese army, PAK lately showed its creativity. If it created a 3rd home in Myanmar before 71 then it didn't have to be humiliated. Traitor like MUA, RUMI in BD-MIL should always be checked and I think PAK's effort is tactical toward to that direction. BTW, PAK-MIL should be very selective toward helping the mercenary kings as their motive on buying SU-30 is questionable. After all, why on earth BAF should even think of buying a fighter A/C, which would go out of BD'S sky even before going its highest after burner's speed? IMO, RAWAMY dalals have infested army with Bharati stooge to make it a vessel army in taking part of attacking PAK. So, PAK-MIL's move is a futuristic-tactical one IMO and has nothing to do with Ghaddari.

our old nation pakistan is training the burmese and trying to sell old pakistani subs to them .gaddar forever

Good gesture by Pakistan towards us, when are they transferring nuclear tech to them?

haha funny tho :lol: can you pls tell me why our muslim brother training our dushmon for submarine?if it was india then ok cause they are our certified dusmon now but why pakistan again? so better trust nobody . keep in point mane

1st the news isnt credible.. no official statement from burmese or Pak officials... 2nd)BN doesnt even have a sub... 3rd)We still host more rohingyas than bangladesh (see your PMs statment and how much she loves them... even as a neighbour u have done nothing for your own kin)...4th)How friendly is your govt towards Pakistan ?and the love for india?

1st the news isnt credible.. no official statement from burmese or Pak officials... 2nd)BN doesnt even have a sub... 3rd)We still host more rohingyas than bangladesh (see your PMs statment and how much she loves them... even as a neighbour u have done nothing for your own kin)...4th)How friendly is your govt towards Pakistan ?and the love for india?

So if Pakistan is providing sub training to Myanmar and handing over some subs to them, it's justified by you?

You're definitely not housing more Rohingya than us. Only in KSA there are 500k Rohingya people on Bangladeshi passport. If official number is higher in Pakistan than in Bangladesh, that's different but there in Cox's Bazar area many Bangladeshi let Rohingya people live in their house which is not in official census. Regarding recent stand of our govt. on Rohingya issue, I'm strongly against it not because they are Muslim but because they are human and being persecuted there. It's harder for Bangladesh to allow any more people from outside because of huge population pressure in this small land, still on humanitarian ground anyone should be allowed to let in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom