What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Found this on wiki:

8 x C-802 anti ship Missile
2 x Type 81 (RBU-1200) 5-tube ASW RL (30 rockets), or 2 x Type 3200 6-tube ASW RL (36 rockets)
2 x Type 62 5-tube A/S mortar launchers
2 x depth charge (DC) racks & projector
4 x dual 37 mm AA guns
2 x 100 mm gun

Wiki may not be very reliable. Anyway,i retake my previous statement,those things are certainely not on the same level as our BNS osman.They seem to have no CIWS or any point blank defence system like the FM-90.

Wiki may not be very reliable. Anyway,i retake my previous statement,those things are certainely not on the same level as our BNS osman.They seem to have no CIWS or any point blank defence system like the FM-90.

I actually tried to reply one who likes to know the armaments of the ship.

I actually tried to reply one who likes to know the armaments of the ship.

Relax im not criticising you in anyway. i appreciate that you did post it, it's just that wiki can be written by anyone so those armanments you posted may or may not be true. Wiki also says myanmar has built high tech stealth FACs,are buying su-30s etc,etc. look at BD army section theres barely anything.

Those ships of theirs is on the same level of our BNS Osman. They have no ship which is on par with our Ulsan class and soon we will also have two powerful,upgunned WHECS from the US and soon we will have subs. We can then divert more attention to our Air force.

Not true. BNS Osman has been widely modified with modern weapons which the Myanmar Navy lacks. Our sailors also have wide experience on this platform which also the Myanmar navy lacks.

Only U-214 are the submarines which they should buy.

Not if/when starting a sub service from scratch: you don't need top of the line boats for initial training (see sub deals Singapore, Malaysia: often first an older type to get the service going , only then a new, larger and more modern class when service well established)

Not true. BNS Osman has been widely modified with modern weapons which the Myanmar Navy lacks. Our sailors also have wide experience on this platform which also the Myanmar navy lacks.

Theres still there Aung Zeya Class frigates,which i have to applaud since with barely any resources they made a decent ship. However you are right there 53h1s are below our Osman but the Osman can be considered on par with their Aung Zeya

Haven't seen pic of BNS Osman carrying FM-90 or CIWS.... please post if available.

Not if/when starting a sub service from scratch: you don't need top of the line boats for initial training (see sub deals Singapore, Malaysia: often first an older type to get the service going , only then a new, larger and more modern class when service well established)

So why not BDs tooked that training from PN on ground and on Agosta-70 and also placed an order for about 3-5 Agosta-90Bs with AIP on board as it will be quite similar to the IN Scorpion.

Although PN training and selling of Agosta-90Bs should not be limited to BD, but to:
Sri Lanka: 2 Agosta-90Bs
Nigeria: 2-3 Agosta-90Bs
South Africa: 3 Agosta-90Bs

So why not BDs tooked that training from PN on ground and on Agosta-70 and also placed an order for about 3-5 Agosta-90Bs with AIP on board as it will be quite similar to the IN Scorpion.

Although PN training and selling of Agosta-90Bs should not be limited to BD, but to:
Sri Lanka: 2 Agosta-90Bs
Nigeria: 2-3 Agosta-90Bs
South Africa: 3 Agosta-90Bs

BN always had been maintaining sub training for the last 3 decades. Our sailors go to Turkey for that purpose.

I dont think BD has any plan to build sub when we need only couple of them. Yes buying U-209 or U-214 is also in consideration

Hopefully BDs will go for U-214...

But quickly soon rather than getting late.

Hopefully BDs will go for U-214...

But quickly soon rather than getting late.

U-214 is very expensive, instead Chinese S20, Russian Amur class (950, 1650) submarines will be good choice for BD.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom