What's new

Bangladesh Navy Procurement Plan - nuclear weapon carrying Large Patrol craft

BDforever

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
SANGSAD BHABAN, June 22, 2014 (BSS) - LGRD and Cooperatives Minister Syed Ashraful Islam, who is also in-charge of defense ministry in parliament, today said steps are underway to incorporate submarines in Bangladesh Navy to raise "deterrence" in the Bay of Bengal.

Replying to a tabled question of treasury bench member Begum Pinu Khan, he told the House that the government has already taken long-term measures to build a strong naval force to protect maritime boundary from piracy, curb smuggling and safeguard huge water resources.

The minister said the government has a plan to incorporate helicopter carrying missile frigate, corvette (a lightly armed warship), nuclear weapon carrying large patrol craft, speed patrol craft and mine counter measure vessel in Bangladesh Navy to build a strong naval force in future.

Apart from this, he said support vessels like landing craft, support ship, tug boat, survey and research vessels would be incorporated in the Naval force.

Besides, the minister said gun, missile, torpedo, mines and SAM battery would also be added to Bangladesh Navy along with more maritime patrol aircraft and maritime helicopters to expedite patrol in the territorial waters and EEZ areas and also for using during wartime.

source: Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS)

BOLD PART CAUGHT MY EYES ! ! ! REALLY ! ! :o::o::o:

images

SANGSAD BHABAN, June 22, 2014 (BSS) - LGRD and Cooperatives Minister Syed Ashraful Islam, who is also in-charge of defense ministry in parliament, today said steps are underway to incorporate submarines in Bangladesh Navy to raise "deterrence" in the Bay of Bengal.

Replying to a tabled question of treasury bench member Begum Pinu Khan, he told the House that the government has already taken long-term measures to build a strong naval force to protect maritime boundary from piracy, curb smuggling and safeguard huge water resources.

The minister said the government has a plan to incorporate helicopter carrying missile frigate, corvette (a lightly armed warship), nuclear weapon carrying large patrol craft, speed patrol craft and mine counter measure vessel in Bangladesh Navy to build a strong naval force in future.

Apart from this, he said support vessels like landing craft, support ship, tug boat, survey and research vessels would be incorporated in the Naval force.

Besides, the minister said gun, missile, torpedo, mines and SAM battery would also be added to Bangladesh Navy along with more maritime patrol aircraft and maritime helicopters to expedite patrol in the territorial waters and EEZ areas and also for using during wartime.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@kobiraaz bro this is serious official mistake in statement, you know BD might get eye for this even it is not true.
Moreover, how on earth a patrol craft deal with nuclear weapon :sarcastic:

This LGRD and Cooperatives Minister Syed Ashraful Islam was must be on weed! :lol: , good atleast he didn't said nuclear warhead capable speedboats :lol: . The whole sang(shong)sod bhaban is full of bunch of clowns

This LGRD and Cooperatives Minister Syed Ashraful Islam was must be on weed! :lol: , good atleast he didn't said nuclear warhead capable speedboats :lol: . The whole sang(shong)sod bhaban is full of bunch of clowns
BTW what are the threats for BD?
India I know a land dispute , which the new government says will ratify in 6 months. Anything apart from that?

India I know a land dispute , which the new government says will ratify in 6 months. Anything apart from that?
I think they have a major dispute with Bay of Bengal, they might launch couple of 'em nukes at it.

I don't see any real threat from India except from Indian pdf trolls :D

I think they have a major dispute with Bay of Bengal, they might launch couple of 'em nukes at it.
The court will judge it!

Teesta water and dispute in Bay of Bengal (International court will give verdict on 2nd July):D

Back
Top Bottom