What's new

Bangladesh minister says Islam is not our state religion, will revert back to 1972 constitution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done. Keeping state and religion separate is one of the keys to success of Bangladesh in building a more tolerant, inclusive, and progressive society. On the other hand there is us, going deeper into the rabbit hole with each passing day. Na independence per yeh maulviyon nai chora tha, pakistan ko bech kay hee sans lengay mullah log

In Pakistan, we have regular public displays of religious parades, which as well are violation of human rights, violate personal freedom of Muslims and Christians alike.
What's your opinion to such public pagan events, patronized by Islamic republic of Pakistan.

Honestly I don't have the knowledge to answer your first question. I assume that the Prophet Isa (as) has been given more power and significance than any awliya. Those who suggest otherwise are in dangerous territory in my opinion, but my opinion carries no weight. I won't argue a point either way in something I have no knowledge of.

Secondly I don't deny that the pir etc we see and the acts we see at the mazars include unislamic acts including those which could be deemed shirk based on the intention/knowledge of people who commit them. I agree with your suggestion - these places have become money making factories and are run by thugs and charlatans.

I went to khari Sharif in my last trip to Pakistan and was very uncomfortable with what I saw. Too much ritual and no studying.

Any sunni alim with an ounce of decency will condemn the wrong acts committed by individuals. However these wrong acts are not condoned or encouraged by the books of Ahmed Raza Khan nor are they encouraged by our ulema.

I agree with your suggestion that these places should be owned by the state - these fake pir have blackened the name of islam and caused so much harm to society.

My problem with your statement is that you condemn all barelvis for the incorrect acts of a few. Ultimately we take our deen from the hanafi fiqh, same as anyone else in our part of the world.

The differences lie in fringe arguements and understanding and the approach you take puts that stuff in focus and makes it important when ultimately its not. This is the way of our jahil mullahs of the subcontinent who have got our religious state into the gutter and it needs to be condemned.

You ask 1000 people on the street if Allah swt can lie and you might get a huge difference of answers. Whether deobandi, barelvi, wahhabi, Shia whatever people have not studied this ridiculous theological question, people likely don't know the answer and it really doesn't matter. However in our part of the world stupid arguements like this are being used regularly by mullahs to spread discord amongst the population.

I also blame Deobandi ulema for that.

Deobandi and Barelvi Ulemas need to come on main stream media and defend their Ulemas Ibarat on live TV.
Mufti Taqi Usmani vs Mufti Muneebur Rehman
Both of them need to explain their differences on live TV to public and find a common ground, Otherwise young generation will leave Islam and become atheist or follow Mirza Engineer or some other crazy person.

I would also ask Deobandi Ulema to provide evidence against Ahmed Raza Khan that he was working for British.

Last edited:
So Bengalis have begun deviating from Islam based on fairytales such as the Bangladesh Genocide?

Dont draw conclusions based on the nonsensical rambling of a hindutva false flagger.... have a look at the basic trend of the crap he posts.... anti muslim, anti BD stuff without exception

Dont draw conclusions based on the nonsensical rambling of a hindutva false flagger.... have a look at the basic trend of the crap he posts.... anti muslim, anti BD stuff without exception
From what is being propogated by incumbant government, the impression is really bad.

Sheikh Hasina has been in consecutive power for almost 12 years now starting from end of 2009. And From what I understand, BAL is the best option compared to others and despite reservations, public is happy and satisfied and think others were worst. Seeing SH and BAL as being the best option, and no one can retain power for such long duration without any civil conflict and unpopular support, it is easy for others to get either wrong or bitter opinion.

Bangladesh has tried to mantain good relations with all nations but if anyone would be asked to select which country is Bangladesh most aligned and close with, it would be India. The reasons can be many and wrong too... but that is what is appears. People to people contact, government inclination, military and local government links and support from their personnel... all directs towards India.

It is same as if you ask same of Turkey, the country would be Azerbaijan and vice versa. For Pakistan China would be stated and vice versa... and so on.

I would like Bangladeshi members to correct and inform me better of the situation.

@Michael Corleone @BDforever @Avicenna @Riyad @ all others.

You mean to say that the majority of Bengalis disagree with his opinions?

From what is being propogated by incumbant government, the impression is really bad.

Sheikh Hasina has been in consecutive power for almost 12 years now starting from end of 2009. And From what I understand, BAL is the best option compared to others and despite reservations, public is happy and satisfied and think others were worst. Seeing SH and BAL as being the best option, and no one can retain power for such long duration without any civil conflict and unpopular support, it is easy for others to get either wrong or bitter opinion.

Bangladesh has tried to mantain good relations with all nations but if anyone would be asked to select which country is Bangladesh most aligned and close with, it would be India. The reasons can be many and wrong too... but that is what is appears. People to people contact, government inclination, military and local government links and support from their personnel... all directs towards India.

It is same as if you ask same of Turkey, the country would be Azerbaijan and vice versa. For Pakistan China would be stated and vice versa... and so on.

I would like Bangladeshi members to correct and inform me better of the situation.

@Michael Corleone @BDforever @Avicenna @Riyad @ all others.

Yes I agree from what is apparent, it seems Bangladesh is very chummy with India.

I think alot of Bangladeshis do not like India.

I have no idea the reality to why the Bangladeshi government takes the actions and positions that it does.

Geography may have something to do with it.

Although, things often are not as simple as they seem.

Also, I would be confident in saying @Riyad does not represent the majority of Bangladeshis in his opinions.

At least from the folks, I have come across.

I have no doubt he has some sort of agenda.

Final point, Bangladesh is and should be a MUSLIM nation.

Protect the rights of religious minorities.

But it should be a MUSLIM nation.

Is Abdul Qadir Jilani (r.a) more power than a prophet ISA (a.s) ?

Grave of Hazrat Bilal. Does anyone go worship, do Sajda to his grave? Or for ask for help from him?
Tomb-of-Bilal-r.a..jpg

Abu Harariah (radillahu anhu) reported the Prophet (salallahu alaihi wasalaam) said, "At the time of the Fajr prayer the Prophet asked Bilal, "Tell me of the best deed you did after embracing Islam, for I heard your footsteps in front of me in Paradise." Bilal replied, "I did not do anything worth mentioning except that whenever I performed ablution during the day or night, I prayed after that ablution as much as was written for me."

If was in power, I would have pass the ruling that state will look after Mazhars in Pakistan. Government will be responsible for collecting money to keep up of those facilities and stop all un Islamic activities. No grave worshiping, or kissing the grave or doing Sajad to the grave, people can only read Fatiha/Dua from 6 feet away.

You will be declared a kafir by these illiterates mullahs and people, and chased away from the country. These people are LONG GONE from the fabric of Islam.

So is the BD Minister saying that BD will liberalize their society so that BD people can convert themselves or follow into anyone including the LGBTs if they wish to do so??

I would love to ask this hindutvadi if he refutes the two nation theory. If bangladesh refutes the 2 nation theory, the state of bangladesh cannot exist.
You are misinterpreting the Two-Nation Theory. BD cannot exist without adhering to secularism. However, the Constitution should not be changed.

So is the BD Minister saying that BD will liberalize their society so that BD people can convert themselves or follow into anyone including the LGBTs if they wish to do so??
Where did you find all that? Read the article. All he said was they want to revert the constitution to where it was pre-tampering by idiots.
It does not make sense for states, cars, can openers, orangutans, fighter jets, basketballs, etc. to have religion.

However, I do not see them following through as most BD people still live in the 15th century.
Need at least 50 years for the population to get properly educated and civilised.

There were never any laws against conversion of religion.
There are no laws against being LGBTQ - only homosexual intercourse is banned.

Last edited:
What is the point of having Islam as state religion, when most of the Muslims population of Bangladesh only attend Masjid on Friday!

What is the point of having Islam as state religion, when corruption and dishonesty is rampant everywhere in Bangladesh!

What is the point of having Islam as state religion, when general people don't understand the meaning of cleanliness!

Please, stop insulting Islam and remove Islam from the constitution of Bangladesh.

Although, removal of Islam from constitution will be a suicide for any government. Even with absolute military backing...

Bangladeshi people follow Hanafi Deobandi madhab but sooner or later Bangladesh will be religiously as divided as Pakistan. In recent years Saudis have promoted Salafi Ideology in Bangladesh and British is investigating in Badati shirk version of Sufism with grave warshiping. I didn’t see that before but Western forces want to use all resources to destroy every Muslim country. Just like in British India, British used certain Islamic scholars to destroy Muslim Unity. They gave fatwa against those who wanted independence from British.

Actually deoband was formed after the unsuccessful uprising of 1857. Many say deoband was formed by british to tame muslims and divide them and avoid jihad. Later on they supported barwlvis as well.

State Minister Dr. Murad Hasan visits Shiv Mandir in Dhaka. He says Islam is religion of peace. He urges to Islamists who give fatwas to leave the country.

বঙ্গবন্ধু ও শেখ হাসিনার বাংলাদেশে সাম্প্রদায়িক শক্তির স্থান নেই -ড. মুরাদ হাসান এম.পি
অক্টোবর ১৩, ২০২১

কুমিল্লায় মন্দিরে যারা কোরআন শরীফ রেখেছে সাম্প্রদায়িক সম্প্রীতিকে ধ্বংস করার চেষ্টা করছে। ৩০ লক্ষ শহীদের রক্তের বিনিময়ে অসাম্প্রদায়িক বাংলাদেশে কোন মৌলবাদী সাম্প্রদায়িক শক্তির স্থান নেই।
তাদের উচিত শিক্ষা দেওয়া হবে। জাতির জনক বঙ্গবন্ধু যে অসাম্প্রদায়িক বাংলাদেশ জন্ম দিয়েছে সেই বাংলাদেশে সাম্প্রদায়িক রাজনীতি করতে দেওয়া হবে না। ইসলাম শান্তির ধর্ম। ইসলামের নামে যারা ফতোয়া দিয়ে শান্ত বাংলাদেশকে অশান্ত করার চেষ্টা করে তাদের বলবো তারা এদেশ থেকে চলে যান। বঙ্গবন্ধু ও শেখ হাসিনার বাংলাদেশ। এই বাংলাদেশে সাম্প্রদায়িক শক্তিকে চিরতরে নির্মূল করতে হবে। আজ শারদীয় দুর্গা উৎসব উপলক্ষে ঠাটারী বাজার শিব মন্দিরে দুর্গা পুজা উপলক্ষে আলোচনা সভায় প্রধান অতিথির বক্তব্যে তথ্য ও সম্প্রচার প্রতিমন্ত্রী ড. মুরাদ হাসান এম.পি এ বক্তব্য রাখেন।
ঠাটারী বাজার শিব মন্দির কমিটির যুগ্ম আহ্বায়ক নিতাই চন্দ্র ঘোষের সভাপতিত্বে আরো বক্তব্য রাখেন মন্দির কমিটির যুগ্ম আহ্বায়ক ও বঙ্গবন্ধু সাংস্কৃতিক জোটের কেন্দ্রীয় সাধারণ সম্পাদক অরুন সরকার রানা, বাংলাদেশ পুজা উদযাপন পরিষদের যুগ্ম সাধারণ সম্পাদক রবিন বসু, অমর ঘোষ লিটন প্রমুখ।

Source: Amader Shomoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom