What's new

Bangladesh-made Hyundai Cars To Hit Roads By 2022

What are the prices of China-built EVs?
sport utility vehicle at The Westin Dhaka yesterday. Collected
I bought my NIO ES6 at RMB 538,400 or roughly US$85K, excellent value for money!

Price of Chinese EV brand varies a lot, say you can get a budget Mini EV at US$6K, or something luxurious at US$125K like HiPhi X. The mainstream EV's are priced in the range of US$30-50K say BYD, Xpeng, Li One.

Last edited:
87 lakh for a hyundai is crazy.... where is the cost savings for such a crappy car assembled in BD.

I bought my BMW X5 for £65k 2 years ago. Admitedly UK does not have the massive taxes attached to new cars. But if BD is serious about having indeginious car manufacturing capacity there is little chance of this happening with such taxation that will work directly against such aims.

Cars prices needs to drop to 20-30 lakh range to ween us off japanese second hand cars.

When it comes to EV its still new and not a mature technology in my opinion. My X5 is a phev, gives only 18 miles electric range which is fine in london city driving. For BD there is a long way to go.... if you are sitting in dhaka traffic for couple of hours for short journeys even in a tesla you are going to run out of juice with AC on. We are very far off having the required condition for EV.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom