Banglar Bir

Reaction score
Country
United States
বাংলাদেশ-ভারত সম্পর্ক।। মুশতাক খান
Bangladesh - India Relationship।। Mushtaq Khan

photo.jpg

CBS Center for Bangladesh Studies
CBS Lecture series. Bangladesh - India Relationship: Challenges for Progressive Politics. Prof. Mushtaq Khan. Chaired by: Prof. Dr. Ahmed Kamal. 24 May, 2014. Dhaka University. Dhaka, Bangladesh. Mushtaq Khan is a professor of economics at SOAS with research interests in institutional economics, the economic role of the state in developing countries, industrial policy, issues of governance reform, corruption and state failure. His regional specialization is in South Asian economic development. He is also a member of the Africa Task Force set up by Joe Stiglitz and the Initiative for Policy Dialogue (IPD) at Columbia University. He has worked on the crisis of state building in Palestine, and is currently researching the institutional and governance foundations of comparative economic growth in a number of countries in South and South-East Asia and Africa.

বাংলাদেশ-ভারত সম্পর্ক।। মুশতাক খান
Bangladesh - India Relationship।। Mushtaq Khan

photo.jpg

CBS Center for Bangladesh Studies
CBS Lecture series. Bangladesh - India Relationship: Challenges for Progressive Politics. Prof. Mushtaq Khan. Chaired by: Prof. Dr. Ahmed Kamal. 24 May, 2014. Dhaka University. Dhaka, Bangladesh. Mushtaq Khan is a professor of economics at SOAS with research interests in institutional economics, the economic role of the state in developing countries, industrial policy, issues of governance reform, corruption and state failure. His regional specialization is in South Asian economic development. He is also a member of the Africa Task Force set up by Joe Stiglitz and the Initiative for Policy Dialogue (IPD) at Columbia University. He has worked on the crisis of state building in Palestine, and is currently researching the institutional and governance foundations of comparative economic growth in a number of countries in South and South-East Asia and Africa.

The symbol of 'Lakshmi Owl' in that organization's logo unfortunately says everything.

Impartiality and freedom from India-leaning bias cannot be expected. Too many India lackey's in our midst hiding as Bangladeshis.

There are unfortunately some people in Bangladesh who despite being born-Muslim are more pro-India in nationalistic outlook and pro-Hindu in dress/culture than Indian RSS-ers themselves. Sindur and Tilak are the accessories of the day.

With this kind of 'Ghar-ka Dushman Bivishan' in Bangladesh who needs enemies?

Last edited:
The symbol of 'Lakshmi Owl' in that organization's logo unfortunately says everything.Impartiality and freedom from India-leaning bias cannot be expected. Too many India lackey's in our midst hiding as Bangladeshis.
There are unfortunately some people in Bangladesh who despite being born-Muslim are more pro-India in nationalistic outlook and pro-Hindu in dress/culture than Indian RSS-ers themselves. Sindur and Tilak are the accessories of the day.
Well, the very word"Progressive" literally means a Marxist-Leninist Sociological economic policy follower. You should, just digest the parts on the Geostrategic implications along with his remarks on Indo-Bangla foreign policies, the trade barriers forcibly enforced, one way Corridor, Reality of water sharing of the 54 common rivers, the demographic reasons for installing Hi tech Israeli gadgets along Bangladesh-Pakistan border,etc.
In fact, no is a perfectionist, biased one way or other. I intend to upload a few more strategic articles on the same subject.
Yes, I am aware that listening to the monologues is rather boring, well to learn, even people of my age are undertaking research in various topics, I do admire MBI Munshi in this respect.:-):-):-):-):-):-)

Well, the very word"Progressive" literally means a Marxist-Leninist Sociological economic policy follower. You should, just digest the parts on the Geostrategic implications along with his remarks on Indo-Bangla foreign policies, the trade barriers forcibly enforced, one way Corridor, Reality of water sharing of the 54 common rivers, the demographic reasons for installing Hi tech Israeli gadgets along Bangladesh-Pakistan border,etc.
In fact, no is a perfectionist, biased one way or other. I intend to upload a few more strategic articles on the same subject.
Yes, I am aware that listening to the monologues is rather boring, well to learn, even people of my age are undertaking research in various topics, I do admire MBI Munshi in this respect.:-):-):-):-):-):-)

I used to think that "Progressive" meant "educated" and "secular" in the modern sense in Bangladesh like everywhere else.

Then I realized that in the Bangladesh context it means "Wannabe Kolkata Aantel (intellectual)", i.e. "Chetona subscriber", or if you want to be really direct - "Indian lackey".

Mostly these people pervade our entertainment/advertising/political spheres.

These people will have no issues if Bangladesh turns into a province of India, in fact they support the idea.

I have met and interacted with some of these folks (supposedly Dhoti-clad Muslims), and the intellectual exchanges were eye-openers to say the least.

I want to re-inforce the fact here that I have no personal issues with these folks, just the 'Deshdrohi' ideas that they are feeding our gullible semi-educated populace about Bangladesh-India-relationship, which of course favors India.

Some examples,

Ferdausi, Tropa and Ramendu Majumdar (Ferdausi is supposedly a Muslim woman whose faculties are not stable it seems, with Sindur, Tilak etc.)
images.aspx

Please observe Ramendu's 'Baller' attitude above....

1475075889.jpg

Ali Zaker - he spends more time India (mostly Kolkata) as lackey's of Indian businesses and promoting Indian products on our shores than anyone through his advertising firm. The uninitiated would tend to think that Indian govt. may have given him some kind of mandate for this, worth about fifteen billion dollars of Indian FMCG products (fast moving consumer goods) within Bangladesh in favor of India every year.

Khushi-Kabir.jpg

Khushi Kabir (if that dot got any bigger, it would cover her whole forehead - children can you say 'Nutball'?)

WEB_Sultana-Kamal_Nashirul-Islam_Edited_02.06.2017-1024x606.jpg

Sultana Kamal is a Bangladeshi lawyer and 'supposed' human rights activist. Daughter of Sufia Kamal (poet), and trained by the famous leftist Leela Nagh, she married Supriyo Chakrabarti and has been a lifelong 'Chetona' activist. In 2014 she led a, "Call against land acquisition for army installations". Another India-appeaser Nutball.

These senior 'Ekattor-er Chetona' promoters have done serious harm to our national interest, as they are essentially resident Indian agents promoting anti-Bangladesh ideas.

Last edited:
I used to think that "Progressive" meant "educated" and "secular" in the modern sense in Bangladesh like everywhere else.

Then I realized that in the Bangladesh context it means "Wannabe Kolkata Aantel (intellectual)", i.e. "Chetona subscriber", or if you want to be really direct - "Indian lackey".

Mostly these people pervade our entertainment/advertising/political spheres.

These people will have no issues if Bangladesh turns into a province of India, in fact they support the idea.

I have met and interacted with some of these folks (supposedly Dhoti-clad Muslims), and the intellectual exchanges were eye-openers to say the least.

I want to re-inforce the fact here that I have no personal issues with these folks, just the 'Deshdrohi' ideas that they are feeding our gullible semi-educated populace about Bangladesh-India-relationship, which of course favors India.

Some examples,

Ferdausi, Tropa and Ramendu Majumdar (Ferdausi is supposedly a Muslim woman whose faculties are not stable it seems, with Sindur, Tilak etc.)
images.aspx

Please observe Ramendu's 'Baller' attitude above....

1475075889.jpg

Ali Zaker - he spends more time India (mostly Kolkata) as lackey's of Indian businesses and promoting Indian products on our shores than anyone through his advertising firm. The uninitiated would tend to think that Indian govt. may have given him some kind of mandate for this, worth about fifteen billion dollars of Indian FMCG products (fast moving consumer goods) within Bangladesh in favor of India every year.

Khushi-Kabir.jpg

Khushi Kabir (if that dot got any bigger, it would cover her whole forehead - children can you say 'Nutball'?)

WEB_Sultana-Kamal_Nashirul-Islam_Edited_02.06.2017-1024x606.jpg

Sultana Kamal is a Bangladeshi lawyer and 'supposed' human rights activist. Daughter of Sufia Kamal (poet), and trained by the famous leftist Leela Nagh, she married Supriyo Chakrabarti and has been a lifelong 'Chetona' activist. In 2014 she led a, "Call against land acquisition for army installations". Another India-appeaser Nutball.

These senior 'Ekattor-er Chetona' promoters have done serious harm to our national interest, as they are essentially resident Indian agents promoting anti-Bangladesh ideas.

Maybe they are tired and ashamed of Bangladesh. That's why they want to join India and its beautiful culture and traditions. Welcome home folks!

Maybe they are tired and ashamed of Bangladesh. That's why they want to join India and its beautiful culture and traditions. Welcome home folks!

Take them!!

We don't want them here.....good riddance.

And talking about culture and traditions, only a bhakt would surmise that no country other than India had beautiful traditions.....

Take them!!

We don't want them here.....good riddance.

And talking about culture and traditions, only a bhakt would surmise that no country other than India had beautiful traditions.....

Take back Rohingya goons from here with millions of your illegals. These people can be an asset to us.

The symbol of 'Lakshmi Owl' in that organization's logo unfortunately says everything.

Impartiality and freedom from India-leaning bias cannot be expected. Too many India lackey's in our midst hiding as Bangladeshis.

Is there not a single intelligent or well-read Bangladeshi? Have you heard of the Owl of Athena?

Is there not a single intelligent or well-read Bangladeshi? Have you heard of the Owl of Athena?
The use of pagan Greek religion is pure shirk. No true Muslim would associate himself with a pagan symbol. But, seriously speaking, this country isn't exactly knowledgeable of Ancient Greek symbolism.

Last edited:
The use of pagan Greek religion is pure shirk. No true Muslim would associate himself with a pagan symbol.

I thought the whole point of the article was to show that there were rogue elements in Bangladesh that did not align with your narrow-minded ideas? When supposedly Hindu cosmetic elements are fair game, you should be pleased that you have one more culture to denigrate.

I thought the whole point of the article was to show that there were rogue elements in Bangladesh that did not align with your narrow-minded ideas? When supposedly Hindu cosmetic elements are fair game, you should be pleased that you have one more culture to denigrate.
Well before I edited my tactless comment I should mention I was being sarcastic. I don't think most Muslims would consider the use of Ancient Greek symbolism as shirk. Except for the Hefazat types. I knew what the symbol was but granted I'm biased given I took a class on Greek mythology in an American high school.

Last edited:
Well before I edited my tactless comment I should mention I was being sarcastic. I don't think most Muslims would consider the use of Ancient Greek symbolism as shirk. Except for the Hefazat types.

Thanks very much for making me look like an absolute idiot. I owe you :partay:

some people in Bangladesh who despite being born-Muslim are more pro-India in nationalistic outlook and pro-Hindu in dress/culture than Indian RSS-ers themselves. Sindur and Tilak are the accessories of the day.

A nationalistic women from West Bengal....:rofl: :rofl:

Brinda_Karat_by_Debjani_Basu.jpg

I have made the mighty Joe Shearer look like an absolute idiot, truly this is the best moment for me on PDF. :smokin:

Not mine. :cray:

Who wants to be seen as a pontificating old fart without a sense of humour?

Erm.....'the mighty Joe Shearer'? What's that about?

A nationalistic women from West Bengal....:rofl: :rofl:

Brinda_Karat_by_Debjani_Basu.jpg

Why are you being nasty? This was wholly uncalled for. She has nothing to do with the discussion.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom