What's new

Bangladesh heading for fastest economic growth in FY17

The government believes economic growth will hit 7.24 percent, the fastest in the history of Bangladesh, surpassing the expectations of the budget.

The estimates by Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics or BBS are based on information from the first ten months of 2016-17 (July-April).

BBS has estimated that Bangladesh’s per capita income will rise to $1,602 by the end of the current fiscal year, up from $1,465 in FY16.

The numbers were revealed by Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal at the National Economic Council (NEC) meeting led by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Sunday.

“This is the result of our combined efforts,” Hasina said. “These achievements have been possible because of the continuity of governance.”

The final BBS calculation for the previous fiscal year found the growth rate to be 7.11 percent and the per capita income at $1,465.
http://bdnews24.com/economy/2017/05/14/bangladesh-heading-for-fastest-economic-growth-in-fy17
After being stuck in the 6 percent range for nearly a decade, the Bangladesh economy finally surpassed 7 percent economic growth in 2015-16.

The budget formed last June set a growth target of 7.2 percent for FY 2016-17.

More of Bull and dog shytes of Abulish economic glorification. BD's real growth is negative under RAWAMYs if we are to assess degradation of the entire spectrum of socio-religio-politico-economics.

The government yesterday announced that the country's GDP growth would hit a record 7.24 percent in the outgoing fiscal year, while the World Bank sticks to its earlier growth projection of 6.8 percent.

At that percentage point, It would cross Indian numbers:

t5t4re4r.png

At that percentage point, It would cross Indian numbers:

View attachment 396979
We would have probably crossed the double digit figure by now , only if all had stopped stealing from us. Do not try to use your Chankya/ Kautilya diplomacy, sweet words and charms with us,dear. Will never work with us. No more 1971 scenarios for the Indians this time.

The government yesterday announced that the country's GDP growth would hit a record 7.24 percent in the outgoing fiscal year, while the World Bank sticks to its earlier growth projection of 6.8 percent.
So, let us see the real outcome at the end of this fiscal. It could be something in between.

My guess BD's per capita income have reached within 2% margin of Pakistan in 2017 and likely to overtake in the next year.In 1970, just before the breakup,West Pakistan's income per capita income was 61 percent higher than East Pakistan,which was achieved due to severe exploitation and neglect of East.Pakistan maintained this margin of gap against BD up to 2010.Then we started to narrow the gap.Now it is about to overtake.Pakistan robbed us 40 years(1950-1990) worth of development.And they preached,this region's backwardness is due to flooding and cyclone and west Pakistan will prosper leaps and bound if it shed East Pakistan.That was the reason of Bhutto-Yahyia gong's hardening attitude and subsequent calculated assault.

But you can't deny the historic reality.Up to the British colonial period,Bengal was the most prosperous region of sub continent.Our ample agricultural bounty and Maslin fabric industry was world renowned.This region was a vibrant center of trade and commerce. Unfortunately that prosperity also made it prime target of East India company for power grab and looting.I believe,if history is any guide,than regaining that status is only matter of time.But this time.it will be the industry instead of agriculture.But we need to be careful of jamati scum's attempt to turn our country into another ideological Pakistan and destroy every achievement and opportunity.
3867767062_ce759d1785.jpg
well said. Before British colonial rule this sub continent had 24% of world's total gdp(may be first or second largest economy in the world) . In which more than 50% was from Bengal and Dhaka was the largest economy in the whole sub continent. 200 years of destruction and we became from one of the wealthiest to one of the poorest!! actually we are the main sufferers of british barbaric rule, not india,. then pak..more destruction.

But the good thing is we are now on the right direction under the leadership of PM Hasina and we are getting back our lost glory :yahoo:

My guess BD's per capita income have reached within 2% margin of Pakistan in 2017 and likely to overtake in the next year.In 1970, just before the breakup,West Pakistan's income per capita income was 61 percent higher than East Pakistan,which was achieved due to severe exploitation and neglect of East.Pakistan maintained this margin of gap against BD up to 2010.Then we started to narrow the gap.Now it is about to overtake.Pakistan robbed us 40 years(1950-1990) worth of development.And they preached,this region's backwardness is due to flooding and cyclone and west Pakistan will prosper leaps and bound if it shed East Pakistan.That was the reason for Bhutto-Yahyia gong's hardening attitude and subsequent calculated assault.

But you can't deny the historic reality.Up to the British colonial period,Bengal was the most prosperous region of sub continent.Our ample agricultural bounty and Maslin fabric industry was world renowned.This region was a vibrant center of trade and commerce. Unfortunately that prosperity also made it prime target of East India company for power grab and looting.I believe,if history is any guide,than regaining that status is only matter of time.But this time.it will be the industry instead of agriculture.But we need to be careful of jamati scum's attempt to turn our country into another ideological Pakistan and destroy every achievement and opportunity.
3867767062_ce759d1785.jpg

BD's per capita is not yet $1600 . You cannot take figures from two completely different websites and start comparing them . If you are taking world bank or IMF figures for Pakistan you have to do the same for Bangladesh .

I like the frustration of idune, Banglar bir, M Saint....

The people who tries to lebel country's achievements as scams and start blaming govt and other countries to fit their political agenda should be thrown out of the country and never allowed back. Although most of then live in countries like USA and UK not in Bangladesh. So I guess they are not allowed in Bangladesh anyway. Its damn ironic that they want to Islamize the country with their extremist form of Islam while they themselves live in haraam infidel countries looking at bikini wearing women in the beach:lol:

BD's per capita is not yet $1600 . You cannot take figures from two completely different websites and start comparing them . If you are taking world bank or IMF figures for Pakistan you have to do the same for Bangladesh .
IMF or world bank data was not taken for Pakistan.Pakistan's per capita income 1561 dollar in 2015-2016 was taken from Pak govt. sources.So I assume it has increased to 1600+ dollar in 2016-2017 year with 3-4 percent growth rate.1602 for BD is also from govt. sources for 2016-2017.So there is a balance.
https://tribune.com.pk/story/110891...istans-per-capita-income-rises-slightly-1561/

I like the frustration of idune, Banglar bir, M Saint....

The people who tries to lebel country's achievements as scams and start blaming govt and other countries to fit their political agenda should be thrown out of the country and never allowed back. Although most of then live in countries like USA and UK not in Bangladesh. So I guess they are not allowed in Bangladesh anyway. Its damn ironic that they want to Islamize the country with their extremist form of Islam while they themselves live in haraam infidel countries looking at bikini wearing women in the beach:lol:

Kindly look into a MIRROR, what you stated is a exact reflection of yourself only. You along with a few of your cohorts live far away from Bangladesh,while we reside in our country. Next time,if you visit Bangladesh, inform me, perhaps we would share a halal food together,as my guest,of course.

Kindly look into a MIRROR, what you stated is a exact reflection of yourself only. You along with a few of your cohorts live far away from Bangladesh,while we reside in our country. Next time,if you visit Bangladesh, inform me, perhaps we would share a halal food together,as my guest,of course.
"we reside in our own country" speak for yourself. Idune and co lives far away. I might live far away as well but I don't talk sh!t about my country.

BNP rejects govt claim of 7.2pc GDP growth
Staff Correspondent | Published: 18:05, May 15,2017 | Updated: 19:31, May 15,2017
Bangladesh Nationalist Party on Monday rejected the government's claim of attaining 7.24 per cent GDP growth in the outgoing financial year 2016-17.
BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi at a news briefing at the party central office said the present 'unelected' government was making serious falsehood over the country's GDP growth after ruining the economy.
He said the planning minister on Sunday at a press conference claimed that gross domestic product growth of the current fiscal would be 7.24 per cent.

Whereas the World Bank on Sunday projected that GDP growth of the current fiscal (2016-17) could be 6.8 per cent, Rizvi said.
He said the World Bank in a report also claimed that the GDP growth would be dropped in the next year compared to the current fiscal and that may be 6.4 per cent.

Rizvi said this time over all GDP growth would be less due to deterioration of investment atmosphere, big fall of expatriate remittances and sluggish export growth.
Rizvi claimed that in reality the economic growth of Bangladesh is less than what the WB projected.
Because the government has destroyed the financial sector through looting, he alleged.
The statistics of GDP growth was given from the government on Sunday is a part of 'falsehood' of the present ruling party, he said adding that the statements made by the ruling party about GDP growth ahead of election have no similarity with the reality.
He said people's support could not be archived by giving such 'untrue' statistics.

On judiciary, Rizvi said the prime minister wants to establish supremacy over all departments of the state.
Now she (prime minister) is aggrieved on the highest court as the supremacy was being challenged, the BNP leader said.
Rizvi said the government has showed its final power by repeatedly defying the instructions of the highest court about publishing gazette notification on disciplinary and conduct rule of lower court judges.
He said the Chief Justice on Monday said the Appellate Division was ashamed of again seeking time from government for publishing the gazette notification.

The government's such behaviour is an attempt to give 'Bksali autocracy' a permanent base, Rizvi said.

He alleged that the attorney general gave threat to judges including Chief Justice during hearing on impeachment of Supreme Court judges saying the government's real face exposed following publishing these news in mass media.
Rizvi said threat of the attorney general exposed that they (government) were harassing leaders and activists of opposition including BNP by false cases and sentencing to jail influencing judiciary.
He said the attorney general was regularly working in court as representative of the government in implementing the government's programme for eliminating democracy
The incumbent attorney general is a threat to independent judiciary, Rizvi alleged.

- See more at: http://www.newagebd.net/article/15640/bnp-rejects-govt-claim-of-72pc-gdp-growth#sthash.tkUKlFdJ.dpuf

"we reside in our own country" speak for yourself. Idune and co lives far away. I might live far away as well but I don't talk sh!t about my country.
As you also DO NOT know the real SHIT about Bangladesh.

there are so many countries who are clocking higher economy growth rate than India....only thing matter who is growing faster among major big economies (top 15 big economies)...Bangladesh does not qualify as big economy

Back
Top Bottom